OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

This is no offense to you fire or any of the admins on the server, I may be missing some posts, but I don't really see too much input from you guys, just a bunch of butt-hurt regs

I believe I said everything that needs to be said back on page 602. I've read every post since then and I've yet to see anything that either wasn't already answered, or just flat out trolling from either side.

If I've missed a legitimate question since then, please ask.

I believe I said everything that needs to be said back on page 602. I've read every post since then and I've yet to see anything that either wasn't already answered, or just flat out trolling from either side.

If I've missed a legitimate question since then, please ask.

I haven't said anything either. I've been a bit busy, but I have been (kind of) following the topic.

I'm attempting to deflect as many of atmuh's complaints as I can. Like this one:

hahahah what youre the one always complaining about teams being stacked or whatever and that+the horrible bass on your mic has just made me mute you forever

No, I scramble and don't say anything most of the time. You must be confusing me with the people you don't have muted.

Personally I'd like to see the team balance vote appear more often. I'm tired of being on a good map and being rtv'd simply because one team is rolling the other.

I stopped bothering to try doing scramble votes, because they a) never pass (someone mentioned a few pages ago that it takes like 70%+ for a successful scramble vote?), and B) annoy people when they keep coming up just to inevitably fail.

I stopped bothering to try doing scramble votes, because they a) never pass (someone mentioned a few pages ago that it takes like 70%+ for a successful scramble vote?), and B) annoy people when they keep coming up just to inevitably fail.

I think you need 17/24... so yeah, ridiculous. There's probably a place to change it, but as I recall, Baha intentionally set it high.

Hey guys, let's stop making stupid arguments like assuming that we know the ages of other posters and get back to some civil discourse please, before I start handing out forum bans.

Anyway I'd like to see Sawmill back in the rotation, maybe some CTF. I like that map.

PLEASE NO

come on seriously its the worst ctf map/koth map/arena map

it looks pretty ok sure but the design is just plain bad

especially ctf the intel rooms are so cramped and easy to lock down with a sentry its just horrible

really i think the rotation is pretty much ok right now (goldrush and dustbowl are right next to each other and im not a huge fan of cp_waste but its not the worst thing)

oh yeah and if anyone wants my simplified hud since i dont like any of the ones that are already made like m0re's hud and stuff (also i should have a disney hud done pretty soon i guess?) lemme know

by simplified i mean this

plrpipeline0003t.th.jpg

My problem with koth_sawmill is how easy it is to lock down the point with a sentry.

The middle point has a lot of clutter that makes for positions where it's easy for the sentry to hit you, but hard for you to get to the sentry. Also, the whole team will be there making sure you can't get do any sentry LOS tricks.

Also, the vanishing sawblades become a major issue when they're RIGHT NEXT TO THE POINT.

On the other hand, I like ctf_sawmill. Yes, the intel rooms are cramped, but there are no good sentry positions. If you put it in the intel half of the room, it's an easy target for a soldier to strafe, and if it's in the far room with the entrances, a demo can easily nab it with stickies. Since most people won't take the detour through the intel room, there's usually only the single engineer in there, making it an easy smash and grab.

If they start building up a large defense in the intel room, ubers become godlike... one uber heavy can clean the whole room out with little trouble.

So I vote ctf_sawmill.

If we gotta do Sawmill (and I really do like the map, honest), my vote goes for koth_ or arena_ (I know, I know, everyone hates arena maps).

@ atmuh: That's not bad. Could you show me what the Spy HUD looks like? I don't think I'm going to switch from the minimal HUD, but I'm interested to see it.

Also, how did you get it to show more than 4 kills in the top right corner? I'm assuming there's some easy console command for that? I would definitely be interested in that.

If we gotta do Sawmill (and I really do like the map, honest), my vote goes for koth_ or arena_ (I know, I know, everyone hates arena maps).

@ atmuh: That's not bad. Could you show me what the Spy HUD looks like? I don't think I'm going to switch from the minimal HUD, but I'm interested to see it.

Also, how did you get it to show more than 4 kills in the top right corner? I'm assuming there's some easy console command for that? I would definitely be interested in that.

took this 5 seconds ago

cpfastlane0002m.th.jpg

and its something you edit in one of the scripts files

i could give you mine but that one also has all the other stuff i edited

heres a 2 image guide to editing it yourself that i used

125422133877.th.png

125422153526.th.jpg

hope that helps

When teams have a good class make-up, players on both sides who will risk going for intel and balanced teams so that nobody is rolling each other, then ctf_sawmill is better than koth_sawmill. I've seen games of ctf_sawmill go very well and I've seen them be a borefest. But koth_sawmill is always the same; an infinite chokepoint that gets captured by a good team and stays that way.

I notice that we have two custom 5-cp maps, cp_waste and cp_follower. Both are pretty good but we might consider adding cp_freight, which I consider to be a good map. I know a lot of people here have mixed feelings regarding 5-cp maps for whatever reason but people still seem to have fun as long as teams are fair and the game is moving along.

I guess we already have a lot of 5-cp maps in rotation and I'm probably pushing my luck by recommending another one but I felt I should bring it up. Heck, I would have suggested cp_stag but I knew that one would get shot down.

When teams have a good class make-up, players on both sides who will risk going for intel and balanced teams so that nobody is rolling each other, then ctf_sawmill is better than koth_sawmill. I've seen games of ctf_sawmill go very well and I've seen them be a borefest. But koth_sawmill is always the same; an infinite chokepoint that gets captured by a good team and stays that way.

I notice that we have two custom 5-cp maps, cp_waste and cp_follower. Both are pretty good but we might consider adding cp_freight, which I consider to be a good map. I know a lot of people here have mixed feelings regarding 5-cp maps for whatever reason but people still seem to have fun as long as teams are fair and the game is moving along.

I guess we already have a lot of 5-cp maps in rotation and I'm probably pushing my luck by recommending another one but I felt I should bring it up. Heck, I would have suggested cp_stag but I knew that one would get shot down.

i love the 5 cp maps but no one votes for them. there was like 3 mapvotes in a row where granary lost even to a crappy map (forgot what it was)

cp_freight was not made for 12v12 pubs and plays poorly in them

Well, it seems that I missed quite a bit of drama here...

I assume that most of us are less than fond of 2Fort, to put it lightly. Someone on the Steam forums has been working on a less shitty version, called ctf_2fort_revamp.

FPSBanana link.

I haven't played an actual match on it, but it shouldn't be able to turn into a turtlefest as easily, since the maker added an extra route to the basement from the base, to the intel room from the basement, and out of the base for once you get the intel.