OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I wish I had seen that. Did it still kill people if you ran into it? Just wondering because that would also be awesome.

I'm not sure. We only stopped it for an instant before it charged ahead causing death and destruction.

It's rather simple to do, really. Have a red engineer put a dispenser on the tracks, then have someone on the blue team stand next to the dispenser, touching it, on the tracks. Uber them when the train appears, and it will actually stop. The time I saw it done before this time, the person stopping the train was a disguised spy, and there were eight or so medics from both teams ubering him, so the train was stopped for quite a while...

I'm not sure. We only stopped it for an instant before it charged ahead causing death and destruction.

It's rather simple to do, really. Have a red engineer put a dispenser on the tracks, then have someone on the blue team stand next to the dispenser, touching it, on the tracks. Uber them when the train appears, and it will actually stop. The time I saw it done before this time, the person stopping the train was a disguised spy, and there were eight or so medics from both teams ubering him, so the train was stopped for quite a while...

It's kind of funny as a Spy with the Dead Ringer... it'll trigger the Dead Ringer effect, pushing you for a few seconds, then kill you outright.

Either that or it just looked like it pushed me because I was laggy.

cp_freight was not made for 12v12 pubs and plays poorly in them

It plays okay-ly imo. I mean, Gold Rush plays poorly with 12v12 yet it's in rotation and is played frequently. Zing!

I suggested cp_freight because it's a good 5-cp map and it's fairly well known. I haven't played enough of it to make a judgment call on how well it works in most pubs. It was just an idea.

May I suggest cp_stag? I rarely see it in server rotations but it is a good map; I've always liked the map. Don't know what most people think of it, though.

Well, it seems that I missed quite a bit of drama here...

I assume that most of us are less than fond of 2Fort, to put it lightly. Someone on the Steam forums has been working on a less shitty version, called ctf_2fort_revamp.

FPSBanana link.

I haven't played an actual match on it, but it shouldn't be able to turn into a turtlefest as easily, since the maker added an extra route to the basement from the base, to the intel room from the basement, and out of the base for once you get the intel.

ive played so many revamps of 2fort theres really no hope for the map no matter what you do to it

oh yeah and as much as i absolutely HATE koth and all versions of sawmill id take any of them over cp_waste

Well, it seems that I missed quite a bit of drama here...

I assume that most of us are less than fond of 2Fort, to put it lightly. Someone on the Steam forums has been working on a less shitty version, called ctf_2fort_revamp.

FPSBanana link.

I haven't played an actual match on it, but it shouldn't be able to turn into a turtlefest as easily, since the maker added an extra route to the basement from the base, to the intel room from the basement, and out of the base for once you get the intel.

I would like to try that...

If OCR Tuesdays come back it would be fun to try.

So, apparently XO Communcations currently has a major fuckup in its routing.

Unfortunately, my ISP routes all traffic through XO. Not only does any traffic I send to the TF2 server get "Request timed out" at 206.111.7.138.ptr.us.xo.net, so does anything I try to send to ocremix.org

Right now, I'm entering this message by proxying it through my own site.

To put it short, I have no idea when I'll be back on the server.

(Site note: Other sites that this happens to include thatguywiththeglasses.com, fmylife.com, notalwaysright.com, kongregate.com)

Edit: There is a certain irony in this, according to the MaxMind IP Geolocation (City) DB, ocremix is hosted within 10 miles of where I live and even closer to where I work.

I'll probably switch follower out for fastlane, as I actually confused the two when I put follower back into rotation :<

As for the revamped 2fort, I've not tried it but it doesn't seem to be too popular.

I'd actually like to add pl_frontier into rotation. I can't really think of any major issues with that map, plus the added hilarity of being train'd by the cart.

I'll probably switch follower out for fastlane, as I actually confused the two when I put follower back into rotation :<

As for the revamped 2fort, I've not tried it but it doesn't seem to be too popular.

I'd actually like to add pl_frontier into rotation. I can't really think of any major issues with that map, plus the added hilarity of being train'd by the cart.

pl frontier has some hilarious balance issues with certain points in the map but all in all its alright and id be totally cool with that being on the rotation just make it the ONLY CUSTOM PLEASE

If anything, Fastlane should replace Yukon

fastlane is way better than yukon sure but they are both tons better than waste and most other custom abcba maps (freight is actually really good but just not in a 12v12 setting)