OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

why is the time limit for hydro so short

Probably because it sucks?

Don't look at me, I just disabled stalemate on it. I don't know who set the time limit to 20 minutes, but I'm guessing it was done on August 17 at 12:03am (the last time hydro's config file was updated).

Edit: Typo, 20 minutes.

Probably because it sucks?

Don't look at me, I just disabled stalemate on it. I don't know who set the time limit to 20 minutes, but I'm guessing it was done on August 17 at 12:03am (the last time hydro's config file was updated).

Edit: Typo, 20 minutes.

We stalemated today. Half an hour ago. That's not off.

I'd like to cast a vote against this "good on paper" theme that changes for each map. Considering how much huff there was to get sawmill and viaduct out of the rotation because of laggy particle effects, I'm surprised we put this on the server. At least valve gives us an option to turn them off. Now every map is potentially a problem, and there's no off switch.

EDIT: Also, Good times.

I'd like to cast a vote against this "good on paper" theme that changes for each map. Considering how much huff there was to get sawmill and viaduct out of the rotation because of laggy particle effects, I'm surprised we put this on the server. At least valve gives us an option to turn them off. Now every map is potentially a problem, and there's no off switch.

Yeah I guess no one caught that Brock Samson is NQA

What do you know, my name made it into a picture in this thread. That's almost as good as actually showing up in a picture in this thread.

At least there was a scramble shortly after that, but from what little I saw when I joined I'm guessing there was a little more rolling going on than there should have been before something was done. In fact, I seem to be seeing teams get rolled more and more frequently when I'm on lately for multiple rounds to boot.

What do you know, my name made it into a picture in this thread. That's almost as good as actually showing up in a picture in this thread.

At least there was a scramble shortly after that, but from what little I saw when I joined I'm guessing there was a little more rolling going on than there should have been before something was done. In fact, I seem to be seeing teams get rolled more and more frequently when I'm on lately for multiple rounds to boot.

Something definitely should have been done before the 8min mark of the map time. A few people on the stacked team had the ability to !votescramble as well.

Er, yeah, whoops. I meant I disabled sudden death. Did I mention I tend to type the wrong thing sometimes if I'm in a hurry?

That's a fair point. I don't know if it's been enabled on the server or not, I just made the files available on the file mirror, which is a prerequisite to running it on the server.

Ooh, yay, not just a stack, but a double stack (nQa and ZuZ). Lovely. Oh wait, Ubel always team stacks with other ZuZ guys.

So... any objections to reenabling the gScramble mod, but with a different config?

Since this 'themes' plugin was installed on the server my fps has become unreliable. It's jumpy where it used to be smooth. Since I changed my config I get +60 fps on most maps yet today on Granary it was jumping as low as 25. My ping was the same as normal. The only thing different was the themes plug-in.

I do like the skybox changing. That's pretty cool. It makes the maps feel new again, almost. But the effects such as rain and leaves falling aren't that great, especially if they are killing my fps.

Also, it would be nice if there were more discussion as to when server-wide changes are made before they are implemented.

Seriously wtf is this.

I've disabled it at least for the moment.

Should go into effect next map change.

Thank you.

theres an option for that plugin to only use the themes that dont use particle effects fyi (also the plugin creator has already emailed valve about the problem of people who hide weather effects still see them and valve is gonna try to add in support for hiding those as well in an update soon)

also pretty much everyone on irc said use that plugin yesterday so calm down people seriously

a lot

IRC isn't the place to discuss these things. And I doubt very many people in IRC even knew.

Also I don't know what's caused it, but since the plugin, explosion and fire animations have been messed up. Many people reporting the same thing. (EDIT: I just joined another server, and the problem still exists. That plugin alters our client-side files?!)

EDIT:

The rules for the server are discussed here and made here, in this thread ... I don't care if you idle in #ocrtf2, you need to be posting here, on this forum, in this thread.

^ I thought this was the general consensus.