OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Sigh.

10sighs

Whats with the sighing? It is a problem with you are getting destroyed to the point that its not fun to play. I don't care about all this serious shit that's floating around like alltalk being on. If alltalk bothers me, I turn off the voice or mute people, I can control that. Team stacking by 4 or more people to the point that you are being rolled 2 minutes into a map then not even capping the first point on your next round on offense is not exactly a menu click away.

Whats with the sighing? It is a problem with you are getting destroyed to the point that its not fun to play. I don't care about all this serious shit that's floating around like alltalk being on. If alltalk bothers me, I turn off the voice or mute people, I can control that. Team stacking by 4 or more people to the point that you are being rolled 2 minutes into a map then not even capping the first point on your next round on offense is not exactly a menu click away.

the zuz guys dont stack anymore ever they all go to autoassign (except ubel)

the nqa guys that stack really arent that great at the game and are rather easy to beat if youre halfway competent, but they are still breaking server rules day in and day out

but yeah i think he was sighing because to you it seems to be ok to be getting rolled if your team decided to go melee only but its not ok to get rolled when the teams are "stacked"

so i guess its fun to be getting rolled sometimes

:-(

I did it because the other team was getting ROLLED. I was trying to do the right thing.

...don't hate me. :puppyeyes:

Wrong! Your memory is TERRIBLE! It is WE who were getting rolled. The winning team was down 3 players after one of the rounds ended. And you changed to even them out! Our best player switched in the interest of 'fair'ness! You scoundrel.

the zuz guys dont stack anymore ever they all go to autoassign (except ubel)

Seriously. Stfu about your love and worship of autoassign. It's predictable. You merely have to wait for the teams to be uneven in the direction you want them. It is not random and you're delusional if you think everyone who autoassigns is honest.

If you'd like, Bonzai and I can start autoassigning to the same team every time to demonstrate our fairness.

I autoassign and am honest...:-/

And I honestly thought I was doing the other team a favor. I don't remember it specifically, but I honestly cannot imagine my joining the team that was doing the rolling.

I'M SORRY! TAKE ME BACK!

hahaha. Duuuude, you know I'm just messing with you. And this will never go away. :3

Seriously. Stfu about your love and worship of autoassign. It's predictable. You merely have to wait for the teams to be uneven in the direction you want them. It is not random and you're delusional if you think everyone who autoassigns is honest.

If you'd like, Bonzai and I can start autoassigning to the same team every time to demonstrate our fairness.

i know its predictable but what i mean is i see them doing it as soon as they join sometimes at the start of a map before many people have joined teams

if i saw them using autoassign as an excuse that they werent stacking id have called them out on it come on you know that

maybe i aint payin enough attention but i dont think so

Whats with the sighing? Team stacking by 4 or more people to the point that you are being rolled 2 minutes into a map then not even capping the first point on your next round on offense is not exactly a menu click away.

I sigh because I'm tired of people claiming to "play to play" and then bitch when they lose.

1) You proposed being fine with people that play in a way that detracts from the rest of the team. Example: Melee only or a bad battle medic.

2) You then state that you wish only to "play to play." Thereby forfeiting your right to complain when you lose. Losing is still playing so you should be satisfied with that.

3) The issue is when you bring up people "stacking." They play in a way that helps the rest of the team. Not just playing well but using teamwork to overcome their opponents.

This you take offense at.

But how can you take offense. You don't care if people play terribly which should include not caring if people play well and if your only goal is to play the game, win or lose you are still playing.

To me, that doesn't sound like playing to play. It sounds like you just hate losing. There is nothing wrong with hating to lose.

I just can't stand it when people hide behind "playing to play" to explain away how much they suck at playing the game.

If your argument was "I can't win when X stacks the teams." My only real response to that would be "l2play noob" but that makes me the asshole not you.

You can't answer "Why are we not winning" with "I just play to play. No srz bizness here" and then answer "Why are we losing?" with "The stacks make the teams unfair"

Don't use the term "playing to play" if you don't mean it.

hey i like how you put that

If your argument was "I can't win when X stacks the teams." My only real response to that would be "l2play noob" but that makes me the asshole not you.

this is definitely true though and its incredibly satisfying to roll a team full of stacking pubstars but yeah you gotta just play well and work as a team like they do because a team full of people that work together well will usually beat a team of people that are more skilled but dont work together at all

it aint that hard

Ugh, work as a team? You know what that means? Me neither, but it sounds dangerous.

Hey, Chives, can I get your FPS config? I wanna get every single frame I can get.

http://www.m0re.nocrits.com/index.php?site=files&file=8

But fair warning, this is pretty powerful stuff. Characters don't even have eyes, although if that bothers you could probably turn them back on. With this I get from +60 fps to +80 fps at the lowest(highest jumps around 140 and stuff like that) consistently on some of the main maps. So it worked for me.

I knew I recognized that Huey Lewis person that dropped in last night from somewhere. He's one of those video-making Pyro players who has inspired me to play better, much like Don Newman and Bloodsire I think is the other's name. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. I thought it was cool. I don't think he played any Pyro on the server last night. Just Scout.

Speaking of "pro" Pyro players, why is it they always use the Flare Gun? I love the Flare Gun too but it never seems to flow as well as the Shotgun. Maybe they stick with it because it's a more pronounced weapon, or they just see more value in having a longer range weapon available. Personally, if I don't have a Shotgun I end up unable to finish off my targets. Then I get killed by a Scout. :|

Speaking of "pro" Pyro players, why is it they always use the Flare Gun? I love the Flare Gun too but it never seems to flow as well as the Shotgun. Maybe they stick with it because it's a more pronounced weapon, or they just see more value in having a longer range weapon available. Personally, if I don't have a Shotgun I end up unable to finish off my targets. Then I get killed by a Scout. :|

I think the flare gun just has more potential. If you're amazing with the flare gun, you'll likely be better than someone who's amazing with the shotty. The shotgun is ideal anywhere between mid-close range. But your flamethrower and axe already make you deadly at close range, so the compliment of a flare gun at mid-long range makes you a more complete class.

This being said, I've never used the flare gun before. But the bulk of my pyro playing happened before they implimented a crit (or minicrit?) on already burning players. So I had less incentive.

Ugh, work as a team? You know what that means? Me neither, but it sounds dangerous.

http://www.m0re.nocrits.com/index.php?site=files&file=8

But fair warning, this is pretty powerful stuff. Characters don't even have eyes, although if that bothers you could probably turn them back on. With this I get from +60 fps to +80 fps at the lowest(highest jumps around 140 and stuff like that) consistently on some of the main maps. So it worked for me.

60 fps!?!

Oh man, I'm definitely trying this out.

Though I cannot seem to figure out what to do with the file XD;

Can I get me sum directions?

Edit again: Alright so I loaded it up, and it does seem to have an effect on my FPS.

Though I'm a little confused because in your videos, things don't look as hellishly bad as they do for me. Player models are all glossy and such. I dunno if I like how that looks, so I'll wait until later when we're actually playing a game to decide if I'm going to keep using it.

I sigh because I'm tired of people claiming to "play to play" and then bitch when they lose.

1) You proposed being fine with people that play in a way that detracts from the rest of the team. Example: Melee only or a bad battle medic.

Yes, I am perfectly fine with this, cause everyone has the same weapons, and has every right to play any class how they see fit with those weapons. That and I have seen quite a few people do well with melee only (John Redcorn and his axe killing sprees come to mind). Im not gonna get butthurt here cause someone wants to be offense as a medic or crit glove kill as a heavy. If you wanna tell people how to play their class, then go right ahead, dick.

2) You then state that you wish only to "play to play." Thereby forfeiting your right to complain when you lose. Losing is still playing so you should be satisfied with that.

Yes, cause I bitch at every match I lose. So true. Honestly, if your team is better, it's better. I've lost a lot of matches to better organization and better players. But don't even try to compare that shit to just joining the same team just to roll people and talk shit about it. And yes, that does happen quite often. There is a huge difference in being better and being a collective group of dicks on a pub server.

3) The issue is when you bring up people "stacking." They play in a way that helps the rest of the team. Not just playing well but using teamwork to overcome their opponents.

This you take offense at.

No, I don't take offense to team work. That's why its called "TEAM FORTRESS". See that word in there? Team? Believe it or not that's what its there for. Again, you seem to think that any time someone says stacking that it means anyone playing as a team. No, its not. Stacking is when you have a group of people that purposely get on the same team in a way that makes it an unfair advantage to the other team. If you have a randomly assorted team that works well, that's awesome, and I can't complain. If 5 ZUZ guys are on a team again 2 OCR people and the rest pubs, that is unfair. You can continue to try to argue this all you want to but that's my opinion.

But how can you take offense. You don't care if people play terribly which should include not caring if people play well and if your only goal is to play the game, win or lose you are still playing.

I play to have fun. Nothing is fun about getting your ass handed to you by an unfair advantage. If I wanted to play to play and not care back in other games, I would have not minded ratbots in Quake 2, or Aimbots in others. But playing to have fun is not just playing and accepting horrible advantages. Get that through your head.

To me, that doesn't sound like playing to play. It sounds like you just hate losing. There is nothing wrong with hating to lose.

I just can't stand it when people hide behind "playing to play" to explain away how much they suck at playing the game.

You seem to be one of the main people that complain about if anyone even says anything about sticky camping if I remember correctly. But we all see how that ruling went when you said that you can counter that. And as far as the "l2play noob" comment, I guess that's how you feel about people with less "skills" than you If someone sucks at the game, at least give them some advice. I've helped out quite a few pyros that were just randomly running around being horrible by giving them a little advice. That's good sportsmanship and helps the level of fun, not bitching about stuff. Only thing I even say in regards to bitching on the server is if the map selection is completely horrible or stacking.

You can't answer "Why are we not winning" with "I just play to play. No srz bizness here" and then answer "Why are we losing?" with "The stacks make the teams unfair"

Don't use the term "playing to play" if you don't mean it.

I'm sorries I didn't use your playing terms there massa, I'll tries real hards next times. How about you take in consideration next time that some people like to have a nice casual game and not get their ass handed to them in the form of a nQa/ZUZ/*insert random clan here* gangrape. But I'll probably never get you to understand the difference in playing a game for fun and your mindset.

So, random story:

I played some TF2 yesterday for the first time in like forever. There were about 6-8 people in the server, 2 of whom where nQa guys. We all agreed to do melee only, which was cool, but after about 2 or 3 kills, one of the nQa guys would start using other stuff, like uber charges, jarate, sentries, flare guns, etc. I'd ask them to stop and just do melee only, like we agreed. They went back to normal kills for about 3 min or so before they started adding "extracurriculars" again.

Events like this are why I've never enjoyed playing with any of the nQa guys. They don't break the rules, and they don't grief, but they don't have good sportsmanship. It's just not fun to play with them.

60 fps!?!

Oh man, I'm definitely trying this out.

Though I cannot seem to figure out what to do with the file XD;

Can I get me sum directions?

Edit again: Alright so I loaded it up, and it does seem to have an effect on my FPS.

Though I'm a little confused because in your videos, things don't look as hellishly bad as they do for me. Player models are all glossy and such. I dunno if I like how that looks, so I'll wait until later when we're actually playing a game to decide if I'm going to keep using it.

How do you load it?

How do you load it?

I just threw it in the CFG folder

So, random story:

I played some TF2 yesterday for the first time in like forever. There were about 6-8 people in the server, 2 of whom where nQa guys. We all agreed to do melee only, which was cool, but after about 2 or 3 kills, one of the nQa guys would start using other stuff, like uber charges, jarate, sentries, flare guns, etc. I'd ask them to stop and just do melee only, like we agreed. They went back to normal kills for about 3 min or so before they started adding "extracurriculars" again.

Events like this are why I've never enjoyed playing with any of the nQa guys. They don't break the rules, and they don't grief, but they don't have good sportsmanship. It's just not fun to play with them.

Though I'm not fan of the NQA guys, they didn't really have bad sportsmanship there.

There are no strict rules with melee only.

I threw up sentries in that match for lulz myself.

So, random story:

ok this is really just getting to pissing and moaning now. i was one of the ones on then and the medic was some random pubbie who started ubering. i'm guessing you were on the other team with the natascha heavy who was constantly shooting as well but i guess that was just curricular...

thats because the flare gun is as rambo said a lot better but if you cannot aim it it is a lot worse

and yeah there is no agreeing to melee only ever i dont ever do that no matter what people on the server say and that isnt against any rule