OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Just a heads up, cause the mods haven't done so already.

Apparently, there is an issue with gameservers, and the server has been hit with some serious lag spikes/connection drops. It was brought down by a mapswitch as well, so... expect trouble, and let us know if you find that you don't have any.

EDIT: SERVER SEEMS FINE NOW

EDIT: By the way, I really like the Daily Awards on the the HLStatsX website. Do we control these or are they all HLStatsX, because if we do I'd love to see some more fun ones added. We probably don't but I thought I'd ask.

We have a limited amount of control, but I don't recall if I wrote down the password somewhere to edit it (Bahamut has it too, of course).

I ended up fixing the teleporter and Sandman daily awards a while back, as they were broken (Valve renamed the Sandman in kill events from bat_wood to sandman, or something like that).

Just a heads up, cause the mods haven't done so already.

Apparently, there is an issue with gameservers, and the server has been hit with some serious lag spikes/connection drops. It was brought down by a mapswitch as well, so... expect trouble, and let us know if you find that you don't have any.

Unfortunately, as for the server, I'm not sure what's wrong with it, and I'm also not feeling that well. I think FireSlash is going to open a ticket with GameServers to take a look at it.

I glanced at the Sourcemod forums, but didn't see any reports of crashing because of it. A standard check I make when the server breaks.

We have a limited amount of control, but I don't recall if I wrote down the password somewhere to edit it (Bahamut has it too, of course).

I ended up fixing the teleporter and Sandman daily awards a while back, as they were broken (Valve renamed the Sandman in kill events from bat_wood to sandman, or something like that).

So we could add our own original awards? Every day it depresses me that there is no award for reflect kills of any sort, which are the kills I most strive for. If we can add our own I'd love to see either a rocket reflect kill award or a cumulative reflect kill award, with a creative name of course. I dunno what the limits are for adding new daily awards (if it is, in fact, possible) but I'm sure we could add some fun ones.

"DEATH TO THE UNBELIEVERS!!"

Get slayed, in a display of blatant admin abuse.

hey man i had no intent of bringing it up on the forums or irc or anything i just said ingame i find it incredibly annoying

but since you bring it up

yeah its incredibly annoying

Good time to mention: last call for server achievement ideas.

Inspired by what just happened to me about 20 minutes ago:

ach.php?a=So,%20I%27m%20Really%20On%20Whose%20Side?&b=Be%20forced%20to%20join%20the%20other%20team%20due%20to%20autobalance%20twice%20in%20the%20same%20round.&c=u&e=925&f=1

I can't help but think I already mentioned this... though? Did you get all the other achievements everyone posted thus far?

It's definitely worth the decrease in visuals. I used to run the game on high visual settings and got a decent fps but having 60 fps consistently is too good to pass up.

You wanna know how big of a jump my performance was?

I went from an average of about 25FPS at 640x480 to an average of 50-60FPS at 1280x800. I'm like "WHAT HOLY CRAP"

If you want to suggest actual achievement ideas that we can create using the new plugin (when it's finished)...

Weapons

Names

Backstabs (this can also kills that weren't backstabs)

headshots (Also can track bodyshots)

Dominations

Revenge Kills

Steam ID

Current Map

Class

so things like team switch and admin slay can't be tracked :(

So because my GFX card on my desktop is having issues (causing my computer to freeze), I tried playing TF2 on my laptop. Apparently when I turn my settings all the way down it runs very very well! It's a little weird though; the framerate was so smooth that it looking like heavies were running really fast/covering a lot of distance. I guess I'm just used to something a little slower?

Despite their claims, this: Fixed fire overlay drawing on hats in DX80 isn't true. They also didn't fix the crit particle effect lingering after some rounds of humiliation.

What's this about kiyobi's framerate more than doulbling? In a higher res??

Chives posted a link to a high FPS config some few pages back. It works very well. VERY. Well.

http://www.m0re.nocrits.com/index.php?site=files&file=8

Just be prepared for N64 vision, and eyeless dudes.

@Fireslash: Dangit, that would've been a pretty sweet achievement, too.

ach.php?a=Facestabs:%20The%20New%20Backstab&b=As%20a%20Spy,%20kill%2050%20enemies%20with%20the%20knife.%20Backstabs%20don%27t%20count.&c=2&d=50&e=927&f=1

Also, obligatory "Killed <admin>" and "Killed <OCR Judge, officials, etc>" achievements go here.

Despite their claims, this: Fixed fire overlay drawing on hats in DX80 isn't true. They also didn't fix the crit particle effect lingering after some rounds of humiliation.

What's this about kiyobi's framerate more than doulbling? In a higher res??

yeah pretty much everything they claimed to fix they didnt

and thats kinda like that config i sent you that other time rambo im not sure how similar/different they are though

and if we really are doing this achievement thing

pro troll: dominate an enemy sniper where all kills were bodyshots (rifle)

cant think of a name for this one: dom miyako

sorry love doesnt conquer all: dom rambo and bonzai on the same map

take that tampon back: get a poof flare kill

and im pretty sure theres a console event for dead ringer activated so

paranoiddrone in training: feign death 10 times in 1 life

cant think of a name for this: extinguish 100 teammates

I think I would have gotten that one earlier today. I feigned death a lot during offense on gravel pit. I didn't die for real until we were working on point C.

Oh, plr_pipeline, too. I didn't realize how useful that is on the cart, since you keep regenning.

Also, hardest roll ever on Dustbowl earlier today.

If you want to suggest actual achievement ideas that we can create using the new plugin (when it's finished)...

Weapons

Names

Backstabs (this can also kills that weren't backstabs)

headshots (Also can track bodyshots)

Dominations

Revenge Kills

Steam ID

Current Map

Class

so things like team switch and admin slay can't be tracked :(

I know a lot more can be tracked than that. It'd be nice to get a comprehensive list.

Also note: I'll try to name some achievements after regular members. If you want to nominate an achievement for someone (or yourself), get those suggestions in now.

I think I love you. Even though I don't use the Dead Ringer much outside of Pipeline.

(Damn image limit...)

Miracle: Dominate Miyako, or whatever his name is today.

Right Behind You: Backstab someone 30 seconds after they use the "Spy!" voice command.

Irony: Dominate <member> as a <class he/she is known for>.

I'm Still Not On Your Side: Get Ubered by an enemy Medic.

Oops, I Did It Again: Dominate someone twice in the same round.

Backstab THIS: Interrupt a backstab chain with the Razorback.

Merde...: As a Spy, die to 5 different people without scoring any points in between.

At the risk of sounding like a pompous ass, in the event that an achievement involves me, I'd prefer it to be Spy related. For obvious reasons.