Rambo

Edgecrusher

Halt

Sensai

Fireslash

Vivi22

Dyne

The Mutericator

The first is a redesign of Zypher's orginal work.

forumv1.png

And the other is a Draken Korin Original Clan OCR Coat of Arms

forumcoa.png

Flags will be ordered on the day voting closes (Nov 1st) and will be availible for mailing on Dec 1st. They will end up costing 35 dollars. Sorry I cant do a free distro like with the patches. If you want one, Please add your name to the list.

Voting Stands at 10 - 0 in favor of the Coat of Arms

New TF2 "Vide" up; Fire Axe Max: The Dustroll. You might shy away from it due to the length but trust me, this is good stuff. There are a good number of moments that are just genuinely funny. I highly recommend it.

The Coat of Arms flag is pretty nice. We'll see how much money I can scrape up. Maybe I'll get one. Still doesn't seem done but I can't really place my finger on what it is...

EDIT: Apparently I got 81 Fire Axe kills on Saturday. That's crazy!

It's probably because it's... well originally it had more colours but I had to cut down due to colour restrictions on the printing of the flag... and even then I didn't get it down to 8 colours which was the maximum it's now some thing close to 12 but yeah it doesn't quite (to me) look as good as it did with full colour I'll admit that.

AS for the Scrimming I'd be interested... even though I'm terrible at the game and I die alot I'd still try just don't shout at me if I'm on the team that loses xD

I look forward to the scrimming, then. I have a couple games of experience with Scout in 6v6 scrims so I'll probably do that in ours. I don't think anybody would object to me switching to Pyro when appropriate, right? :razz:

@Powerlord I would be all for Dustbowl being removed from rotation. I mean, I despise Goldrush more but both are really chokepointy with places that are terribly easy to defend for the red team. When these maps roll, they ROLLLLLLLL. I wouldn't mind rtving to dustbowl occasionally, though. It just depends.

I want to object to removing Dustbowl from the rotation on the basis that it's one of those maps that's on every rotation ever, but yeah. When it's a steamroll, it's a STEAMROLL. Good fun if the teams are balanced, though.

(I still prefer Gold Rush because it's easier to spam the Dead Ringer there. <_<)

how on earth could you wanna remove dustbowl

and ocr scrims never go through but i scrim with people regularly and enjoy it a lot and if you guys really did throw something together id play but yeah if people on my team start going engineer or pyro on an abcba map thatll be it for me playing

I agree take dustbowl off it is so boring and is such a spam fest that goes on for way too long.

I do enjoy dustbowl when the teams are good, but I'd honestly prefer cp_pro_dustbowl which is only the first 2 sections of the map. 15-20 minutes on the last stage is just ridiculous.

Fireslash and I were just talking in IRC about getting some OCR friendly scrims going again. I heard the only one we've ever had was a success. Fireslash has offered up his server as a venue. Nothing super serious. No yelling allowed. Just playing organized matches against friendly names. No melee only.

Let's get a list of people interested for this time around:

Fireslash

Rambo

Bonzai (I'm assuming)

Garian (You too)

Yeah, I'm definitely interested. The OCR server and you regulars are tons of fun most of the time, but there are those times where I would love to not have to worry about dumb pubbies or crits or the standard horribleness that the server is occasionally subject to.

(also if any of you guys have 10 minutes and a piece of paper, come join the OCR Fan Art Competition! you could make it TF2 related :D)

if you guys really did throw something together id play but yeah if people on my team start going engineer or pyro on an abcba map thatll be it for me playing

Pyro can be useful in 5-cp comp for defending some control points with airblast, such as the spire in badlands and the final cp in badlands(there are reasons why badlands is my favorite map). He also sees a little use in defending the last cp on granary but that's way more open and more difficult to do. Scouts/snipers could easily get you. That would probably be time for the flare gun...

But lol Engineer in 5-cp.

dont stretch the page

Pyro can be useful in 5-cp comp for defending some control points with airblast, such as the spire in badlands and the final cp in badlands(there are reasons why badlands is my favorite map). He also sees a little use in defending the last cp on granary but that's way more open and more difficult to do. Scouts/snipers could easily get you. That would probably be time for the flare gun...

But lol Engineer in 5-cp.

yeah but on badlands he has to get to the spire to defend it, and the big thing about scouts/demos/soldiers is their mobility allows them to get to it faster to defend it

also everything you brought up was about defense

if youre playing it with a bigger focus on defense than pushing you are going to lose

every time

thats also why heavy is rarely used

oh look thats a pretty easy explanation as to why the normal team setup is what it is

except we didnt mention spy but you can probably figure that out

NO

pro dustbowl is good for if youre competitive and care but for a 12v12 pub stage 3 is the most fun

Dustbowl 3 is the best thing if the teams are even. How often is that the case? Otherwise its a POS. Also, there's no reason for the defending team not to be kritz+demo+10 engineers. There is no reason it should ever be 20+ minutes. Give me a break.

breaking through a ridiculous defense after 18 minutes can be incredibly satisfying and sure it does happen sometimes

and defense has to win sometimes too and in my experience ive seen both sides win just about even amounts on stage 3

and uh most maps are best if the teams are even if youre gonna take out the maps that arent fun for some people when teams are uneven take them all out and just play arena all day (i wouldnt be opposed)

breaking through a ridiculous defense after 18 minutes can be incredibly satisfying and sure it does happen sometimes

Sure. And then the entire red team rage quits. If you lose after 18 minutes, your team f***ed up and its incredibly frustrating.

The same thing happens on Badwater last point. Except it doesn't waste half as much time.

and defense has to win sometimes too and in my experience ive seen both sides win just about even amounts on stage 3

Yeah and in most cases it either lasts <5 minutes. Or 20+ minutes

So the weak team gets rolled for 5 minutes, and then 20 minutes. Any other map would be <10 minutes total.

and uh most maps are best if the teams are even if youre gonna take out the maps that arent fun for some people when teams are uneven take them all out and just play arena all day (i wouldnt be opposed)

All maps play best if teams are even. And just about all maps play better than dustbowl if the teams aren't even.

not most abcba maps

Yes, because it's apparent much quicker and an admin can scramble. Dustbowl should often be scrambled. But he doesn't happen most of the time. General admin: "we'll give both teams a chance to attack, to see if we need a scramble", which isn't wrong. But it sucks on dustbowl.

i think dustbowl is the opposite

stage 3 allows a team that was kinda horrible defending stages 1 and 2 to throw it together and make a defensive comeback

that really doesnt happen on any other map which is why i enjoy dustbowl so much

i think dustbowl is the opposite

stage 3 allows a team that was kinda horrible defending stages 1 and 2 to throw it together and make a defensive comeback

that really doesnt happen on any other map which is why i enjoy dustbowl so much

uh youre terrible get out