OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I've added a bit to tf2stats.net for bettter player stats. It requires you to flag your profile for scanning though, which is effectively just joining this group. After two days it'll have collected enough info to show a player stats page like this:

http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/FireSlash

Instead of just this:

http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/demomenz

Those stats are collected across all servers, so they might be interesting to those of you who play on servers other than OCR.

I've added a bit to tf2stats.net for bettter player stats. It requires you to flag your profile for scanning though, which is effectively just joining this group. After two days it'll have collected enough info to show a player stats page like this:

http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/FireSlash

Instead of just this:

http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/demomenz

Those stats are collected across all servers, so they might be interesting to those of you who play on servers other than OCR.

Wow. This is really impressive Fireslash. I had no idea how much effort you had been putting into this. Good on you.

Is there any chance of creating crit kills, crits killed by and/or deaths statistics? That's something I've always been interested in.

Wow. This is really impressive Fireslash. I had no idea how much effort you had been putting into this. Good on you.

Is there any chance of creating crit kills, crits killed by and/or deaths statistics? That's something I've always been interested in.

No dice. I can only pull data that valve lets me peek at, and none of those are available :(

When would it be, so I have some kind of deadline to force my decision process along?

Whenever we can get 12 players together. And hopefully any time after that when we can get 12 players together.

UPDATED LIST:

Fireslash

Rambo

Bonzai

Garian

D-Lux

Vivi

Depo

Chives

Paranoid (maybe)

!!

Kiyobi

Sensai (maybe)

Spork

Clefairy

Atmuh

We now have 13 people confirmed and capable. And 2 maybes.

Now we can start throwing around times and dates. D-lux is only available from 7-11PM EST, so let's start there. Who else would be available at this time, and on what days.

Anyone who's not on this list is still welcome! These 13 will have first priority on player slots for the first scrim. But hopefully there will be many more to come!

If I forgot to put anyone on the current list, I'm sorry....

I've heard the server is having issues right now.

So is Gameservers control panel; I tried restarting the server and it doesn't appear to be restarting.

Gameservers own control panel software appears to be having issues connecting to it as well.

I'm going to attempt to stop the server in a moment.

i know ip changes really have a way of taking a toll on server's popularity but given the amount of recent problems with gameservers chicago hub, it might not be a bad idea

thats just me though and something that big would need to be agreed upon by like everyone

i know ip changes really have a way of taking a toll on server's popularity but given the amount of recent problems with gameservers chicago hub, it might not be a bad idea

thats just me though and something that big would need to be agreed upon by like everyone

Brushfire seems to think the server may be under a DDOS attack after kicking a problem user.

I've restarted the server, but it's stopped at "Checking bootstrapper version ..." I'm going to file a bug report momentarily.

i dont think its a ddos

very few people are that stupid and the ones that are usually straight up crash the server or raise people's pings to something like 400, not cause random lag spikes

and about the other server i think pavlvs has had a thing forever that hes wanted to try out why not try it tonight while this server is down the tubes

i dont think its a ddos

very few people are that stupid and the ones that are usually straight up crash the server or raise people's pings to something like 400, not cause random lag spikes

and about the other server i think pavlvs has had a thing forever that hes wanted to try out why not try it tonight while this server is down the tubes

I haven't heard anything about Pavlvs server in a while. I was beginning to think it was never going to happen.

I was beginning to think I'd have a new server capable of running TF2 first!

Edit: The server console appears to be responding quickly again, restarting to see if the server is just stopped waiting for Steam or not.

I'm also grabbing all the configuration files I can via FTP in case we have to do a server reinstall.

I received word that Pav is working on setting up a server now.

Edit: Old server is now up and running again.

sure the old one is up again, but there have been so many problems as of late that i cant be the only one tired of it

can we at least organize a time for everyone to join pav's server in order to test out its stability?

Powerlord, you should hop on IRC sometime and we can talk.

I use IRC all the time, just not on EnterTheGame's network because I don't like it.

psychostats is now dead. I've switched it over to hlstatsx CE

http://ocrstats.fireslash.net/

I'd like to look at switching over to sourcebans. Since we may have multiple servers soon, a global ban list that covers all community servers would be fantasmic in my opinion.

I take it that geolocation is disabled and/or not working in HLStatsX CE? Everyone appears as unknown country.

I take it that geolocation is disabled and/or not working in HLStatsX CE? Everyone appears as unknown country.

I disabled it temporarily because I've not gotten around to importing the geolocation database. You have to do some weird finagling to get it imported properly and I've been sorting out optimizations first.

EDIT: ok, fixt. Locations are only checked during the connecting event, so some will remain unknown for a bit, new ones should be accurate.