OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

So, does anyone know how mp_maxrounds affects cp_dustbowl? Does it consider each stage a round, or just all three a round?

IIRC, it considers a successful sweep by BLU or a successful defense by RED to be a round. My 100%, infallible source* is the entity in control of game logic, which has an option to "switch teams on round end." At least, that's what I think it says.

*Subject to slight** exaggeration.

**Severe

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it, is the new database thing going to replace the old hlStatsX one? Or is it just something thrown together for funsies?

imo you should just ditch the old one and use the new one because hlstats community doesnt have those annoying ingame points updates (also saves bahamut from having to pay every month for it) but it still keeps all the same stats for people that care enough to hop onto the stats site and check

also mp_maxrounds counts blu winning all 3 minirounds as 1 round yeah i used mp_maxrounds 2 for a long time on goldrush and dustbowl and it works fine and i really like it that way

We now have 13 people confirmed and capable. And 2 maybes.

Now we can start throwing around times and dates. D-lux is only available from 7-11PM EST, so let's start there. Who else would be available at this time, and on what days.

That time frame works for me. Any day that isn't a weekend would be ideal since the wife occasionally demands I spend time with her on weekends, but I can probably swing one of them for an hour or two if I had to.

just a heads up I've found that hlstatsCE counts team kills pretty badly. I've got a post out on their forum about this since I don't see any way to remove the penalty in the admin panel. Once that's done I'll reset stats again.

edit: lol done. I only reset ranking though, everything else is intact.

we can start a "no airblasting" rule if you want :)

I think he's referring to the influx of Pyros that came with the class update, along with the reduced falloff that let them do more damage at the edge of their range. (EDIT: You probably realized this already and I'm just making a fool of myself. Oh well.)

Now, I wouldn't mind fewer Pyros, but I have my own reasons for that. <_<

I find it funny that my favorite classes are in the bottom half of the most played list. I need to break out my Battlemedic more.

Although Pyro is catching up quite fast.

Speaking of Battlemedic...

ach.php?a=Taste%20of%20Your%20Own%20Medicine&b=As%20a%20Medic,%20kill%20Atmuh%20with%20your%20Syringe%20Gun%20or%20Blutsauger.&c=u&e=707&f=1

I just realized how epicly punny that achievement name is now.

And wait, which stats tracker are we using now? The one I currently have seems to work still, what's up with the CE version?

we can start a "no airblasting" rule if you want :)

Oh hell no. :-P

I'm noticing a trend with our current HLstatsX. The stats on the website seem to do an odd reset every Sunday. By the next day it's all fixed and everything is back to normal (nothing appears lost) but for the day stats are dated. I know I had over 600 Pyro shotgun kills yesterday when I checked but today it's 598 kills. It'll go back to the actual number tomorrow; I've seen it happen before. Not that important but I thought I'd mention it. Seems we'll be switching or whatever anyway.

Oh hell no. :-P

I'm noticing a trend with our current HLstatsX. The stats on the website seem to do an odd reset every Sunday. By the next day it's all fixed and everything is back to normal (nothing appears lost) but for the day stats are dated. I know I had over 600 Pyro shotgun kills yesterday when I checked but today it's 598 kills. It'll go back to the actual number tomorrow; I've seen it happen before. Not that important but I thought I'd mention it. Seems we'll be switching or whatever anyway.

It may depend on which time zone HLStatsX is using.

I was Battlemedicing in a pub a few days ago, and my team won and I got #1 MVP. Didn't pop a single uber that match, either.

My team was cool with it. I gave advance notice, at least.

Two words: Kritzkrieg + Blutsauger. I SUCK YOUR BLOOD