OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

A question to you all.

I've been thinking about the CTF type game style and I'm considering a change to it ... or rather making a modified version of it.

I'm going to add a point into the centre of the map KOTH style which when controlled moves the enemy intel into a more accessible place... this to encourage some death matching for those who just like killing people and not the actual capping of the intel and to discourage turtling.

I'd also if I could make the point decay control wise if it was left alone and maybe reset after each cap

Now for the question... Good idea or not?

I think rather than move the intel, it should open up the intel room.

Meaning the other team's flag wouldn't be accessible until you capped the point

I actually considered this but Garian talked me out of it. lol

@atmuh: maybe but It'll only probably be played on the OCR servers (if Baha is still alive I haven't seen him playing for ages) and I have some faith in the players there to actually try it out.

I wouldn't call it complicated as such myself just mildly dangerous. you know... you could possibly get people capping the central point just so they can turtle more effectively.

Or you could get people getting trapped in the room with the intel and whatnot lol

I think that would make it more interesting for the opposite team to get stuck in there.

I imagine there would be 2 spawn doors, one to the intel and one to the rest of the map.

Since Brushfire enjoys introducing me to the ban page, you might want to know that bans do not propagate across servers. I'm not sure how hard that would be to set up. I'm sure there's a plugin or a cron job that could take care of that.

sourcebans will take bans and put them across all servers provided its set up for all of them and set up correctly

and seriously why the hell is vahn getting banned he used to go stupid stuff that was banworthy but doesnt anymore

also

you really should lock the old server with the new ip in the server name asap because soon that server will be cancelled and the people that play there that dont visit this forum (and there are a lot like that) will have no idea what the new ip is

You're the guy who sticky spawn camps, no?

I'm the one that they accuse of spawn camping but that's not why I was banned.

delete hlstats delete hlstats delete hlstats delete hlstats delete hlstats delete hlstats

At least reset all the stats. They have been broke for a while.

Rounds: 18,002 (Win.: 1,216, Loss.: 529, Ratio: 0.07)

I have totally stalemated 17,000 rounds

also

you really should lock the old server with the new ip in the server name asap because soon that server will be cancelled and the people that play there that dont visit this forum (and there are a lot like that) will have no idea what the new ip is

I haven't locked the server, but I've changed the server name (well, it'll change on the next map load to fix a mistake on my part). Also, the old server will throw a center message every 6 minutes about this server closing and to visit #1 (well, it has the addresses in it).

The message is every 6 minutes because it alternates between that message and one for the 24/7 Harvest Event thingy on #2.

Ah. Well then why were you banned? That was the only thing I could think of.

Also, essay this weekend. I might be on later tonight but not for a while. Why Tony Blair, WHY?!

As I recall, it was for some Pyro thing. I just assume it was something that was slowing things down, as it was right after a map reload to fix a missing plugin on harvest event, but harvest event already tends to lag badly on map change...