OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I haven't locked the server, but I've changed the server name (well, it'll change on the next map load to fix a mistake on my part). Also, the old server will throw a center message every 6 minutes about this server closing and to visit #1 (well, it has the addresses in it).

The message is every 6 minutes because it alternates between that message and one for the 24/7 Harvest Event thingy on #2.

As I recall, it was for some Pyro thing. I just assume it was something that was slowing things down, as it was right after a map reload to fix a missing plugin on harvest event, but harvest event already tends to lag badly on map change...

you should lock the server

theres no reason for people to be on both servers plus its amazing how dense some tf2 players can be to announcements (or they can be like me and have text chat off)

and that pyro trick is hilarious and harmless hahaha what

I don't mean to be blunt, but I can see a potential conflict of interest with the current server arrangements and team stacking.

Especially since I just left the server due to said team stacking because the game was extremely one-sided for several maps in a row.

I've disabled event display on #1 (the "X got Y points (-Z)" messages), but you can still use rank, etc.

finally thank you

please seriously no

I don't mean to be blunt, but I can see a potential conflict of interest with the current server arrangements and team stacking.

Especially since I just left the server due to said team stacking because the game was extremely one-sided for several maps in a row.

what does having a new server have to do with teamstacking at all

dieing during humiliation because a teammate decided to shoot me because its so funny is just as annoying as an admin slaying all during humiliation because it is so funny

it isnt so funny

You have a good point there. I hate being slayed during humiliation. But I love those infinite crits, and this plugin gives you someone to use them on since there often aren't many people left on the other team.

You have a good point there. I hate being slayed during humiliation. But I love those infinite crits, and this plugin gives you someone to use them on since there often aren't many people left on the other team.

there are other plugins that make the other team instaspawn when you kill them but i dont think id particularly like that either having a demoman sitting in the spawn room killing me 3 times during humiliation

there are other plugins that make the other team instaspawn when you kill them but i dont think id particularly like that either having a demoman sitting in the spawn room killing me 3 times during humiliation

That actually sounds like way more fun than killing your teammates!

Nothing is harmless in Vahn's hands. He will use any and every means available (such as using said trick to rape the FPS of any opponents on the lower end of the system requirements) to win, because that's the only thing he considers fun.

And I do mean the only thing.

(such as using said trick to rape the FPS of any opponents on the lower end of the system requirements)

That is true:

Pressing +attack (mouse 1) and repeatably tapping +attack2 (mouse 2) causes it to appear as if the flamethrower is constantly air blasting, without any effect or ammo consumption. Drastic increase in fps for viewers.

I didn't notice any FPS drop luckily. I need to keep an eye on the TF2 bug list, then these things won't be such a surprise to me.

I don't mind the team stacking or the bug exploitations. The only thing I do feel strongly about is cussing at other players. Constructive criticism is great in that players can try to improve themselves, but cussing and name-calling is only detrimental to the camaraderie of a team.

That is purely my opinion however and I've no hard feelings against anyone <3

yeah its never reduced my fps it just makes me laugh

makes pyro class look even more mindless which i didnt think was possible!

I don't mind the team stacking or the bug exploitations. The only thing I do feel strongly about is cussing at other players. Constructive criticism is great in that players can try to improve themselves, but cussing and name-calling is only detrimental to the camaraderie of a team.

yeah this can be kinda annoying i mean there are occasional times when ill call people an idiot ingame but there are people that do that and swear at people a lot

No, it's not.

I've had two video cards (8800GT, and now a 4890), and BOTH show major framerate drops into the teens from 60 (vsync capped) when someone is using that "Trick". I can't imagine what it's doing to people with lower end video cards.

No, it's not.

I've had two video cards (8800GT, and now a 4890), and BOTH show major framerate drops into the teens from 60 (vsync capped) when someone is using that "Trick". I can't imagine what it's doing to people with lower end video cards.

really?

on my 4870 and now my gtx 270 its stayed at 60 no matter what and until now i didnt even know that it caused a frame rate drop for anyone

No, it's not.

This. I drop from 30fps to 10fps at mid-range, and 5fps at close. And once my computer has reached a certain temperature (this does it), framerate remains deteriorated.

Vahn knows this, and he has responded to several complaints with: "get a better computer".