OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm good for the same time next week. I'll try to get on earlier just in case the server empties towards the end like last night. I realize there was that update in the middle, but I would expect the player count to dwindle a bit towards the end anyway.

And atmuh, when I was on towards the end of the night I saw both teams ask for people spectating to sub in at various points. I mostly let people who were there before me sub in in case they hadn't really played much up until then, but at no time did I see you even try to join a team when they were asking for someone to sub.

And atmuh, when I was on towards the end of the night I saw both teams ask for people spectating to sub in at various points. I mostly let people who were there before me sub in in case they hadn't really played much up until then, but at no time did I see you even try to join a team when they were asking for someone to sub.

i had to leave 5 minutes later

like everyone else

If possible, may I join in one time? I'm not very good at the game though, but I've wanted to get into such things for a long time.

Sure, there's no skill cap or anything. This isn't a SERIOUS BUSINESS match or anything, just a chance to toss some teamwork together.

Next week I suggest we prioritize picks that didn't play last round (ie select from that pool FIRST until it's dry), so everyone gets a chance to play.

(also, sign me up for next round :))

A few pages back, it was suggested that we remove all but a few of the maps from the server.

Any suggestions as to which ones to keep? The complete list of maps we have available is here.

Based on both my own thoughts and what we actually seem to play, here's what I think we should keep on the server:

arena_harvest_v2

arena_starship_v1

cp_follower (I hate this map, but others seem to like it)

cp_pacman_plus_wtf (the updated cp_pacman_wtf_party)

cp_waste_v2

ctf_mach4

koth_garbage_day

pl_dbheights_b5

pl_frontier

pl_waste_v2

Here's a list of customs that we've played since 10/2, in order by most recently played

cp_pacman_plus_wtf

cp_waste_v2

pl_cranetop_b8

pl_waste_v2

koth_pacman_wtf_b2

pl_donkeykong_final (This one's fun now and then, but gets old fast. On the fence.)

cp_cyberpunk

ctf_aerospace_b4

ctf_2fort_night2_b2 (wtf?)

pl_frontier

cp_glacier_rc5

cp_furnace_b4

pl_zig_z2a

ctf_bball2

pl_cashworks_rc2

ctf_1fort_b1

arena_dust2

cp_follower

ctf_hallofdeath

arena_greek_v1

I've bolded the maps I think we should keep. Anything we've not RTV'd in over a month probably need to be re-evaluated.

Also, we might try some of the tf2maps contest entries (plr and A/D ctf maps), some of them look interesting)

I didn't want to play neither did Locked so we don't care at all don't know why this is such a big deal even if one of us did want to play it's a friendly-- not the end of the world if missed.

It's no big deal if you don't want to play; we just don't want to exclude people who do. Perhaps we need some way of tagging people who are speccing, perhaps by changing their names to [spec]Miyako or something.

It's no big deal if you don't want to play; we just don't want to exclude people who do. Perhaps we need some way of tagging people who are speccing, perhaps by changing their names to [spec]Miyako or something.

Good idea.

I started a new configuration for a scrim server (server2_scrim.cfg) and a startup script (tf2scrim_start) as well.

Also, the deadchat plugin wasn't on the server. It is now.

I didn't want to play neither did Locked so we don't care at all don't know why this is such a big deal even if one of us did want to play it's a friendly-- not the end of the world if missed.

nah but he wanted to play the second map after you left and yeah having the deadchat plugin pretty much fixes that you dont need to tag people

nah but he wanted to play the second map after you left and yeah having the deadchat plugin pretty much fixes that you dont need to tag people

Alltalk was on during the "20 minutes of being idiots" and during team picks. Anyone who wasn't afk was presumably talking then.

Alltalk was on during the "20 minutes of being idiots" and during team picks. Anyone who wasn't afk was presumably talking then.

you couldnt be afk because the server would automatically kick you

locked didnt have a mic and mine doesnt really work too well anymore and i had a terrible sore throat yesterday and wasnt talking pretty much at all for the whole day

dont give me that crap

Doesn't allchat apply to text too?

no

And Atmuh, my comment was about things I've heard about you doing in-game. Not things I've witnessed. Just the same general piss-poor attitude you've displayed on the forums.

idk who youre hearing that from because i say pretty much nothing ingame i just play

and dlux why were you using blut

im not trolling here im just curious

This isn't a SERIOUS BUSINESS match or anything, just a chance to toss some teamwork together.

It's the same reason I used the Ambassador during the team-captain-spy-duel-match to start picking teams. If I would have won 100 bucks for winning, I would have picked the Revolver, sure. But I really didn't care.

You were a damn good medic. I really appreciated how vocal you were. I was very impressed.

I should add: thanks to my teams for suffering through my horrible microphone whilst talking. I'll hopefully have a job soon to afford such things.

I mentioned to Brushfire that Paranoid Drone and I had TF2 costumes for Halloween, so by his request, here's pictoral proof: http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/ChiliConCarnageGRN/Halloween%2009/ (Okay, so a few of those pics are from Mechacon when we put the costumes together, but they're good shots). I'm the GRN Scout, he's the BLU Spy.

CHILI! *glomp*

Er... <_<

A few pages back, it was suggested that we remove all but a few of the maps from the server.

Any suggestions as to which ones to keep? The complete list of maps we have available is here.

I'll freely admit I have low standards, but from that list I like Harvest, Waste (CP/PL), Aerospace, Glacier, Furnace, Swiftwater, Frontier, Follower, Meridian, Cranetop, and Cashworks. I also want to try out Industrial, Borax, Halfacre, and Lighthouse, mostly because I've heard good things about them. (Speaking of which, Lighthouse was originally an Arena map, but I only see the KOTH version there.)

Seconding the notion that we try out the contest entries for the latest TF2maps.net contest.