OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Also in for scrims. I'll try to be on earlier this time around, say, 7-9. If that changes I'll let you know ahead of time.

EDIT: In other news, last night was the first chance I really had to play on server 1. Apparently my favourite weapon is now world suicide. Must have been from airblasting some people off of point E on Steel.

You've probably noticed I haven't been on for the past few days. I'm playing less so I can get my grades up a bit, at least during the weekdays. I'd make it a point to join for scrim days, though. Heck, I could always do homework while spectating.

This weekend isn't good, though. Have to write a script and a research paper. :/

If I can, I'll join, but this is the point where literally every class of mine has some sort of long term project due, so...yeah. I'll join if it's under control, but don't count on it.

EDIT:

In other news, last night was the first chance I really had to play on server 1. Apparently my favourite weapon is now world suicide. Must have been from airblasting some people off of point E on Steel.

And my backstab counter is apparently frozen at 260. It's been at that number for the past several days.

(The irony in this is that I'm not normally a stat whore.)

I'm not sure what's going on with the mapcycle on #1 right now. I've used the sm listmaps command and the mapcycle there is correct (the contents of mapcycle_server1.txt).

I'll restart the server later to if that fixes it.

P.S. The nominate list hasn't been changed and is identical between the two servers. It also appears to be auto-sorted alphabetically now.

This is meant as an honest question, but why do..how to phrase it. Tournament Play? Serious Face? Scrim? That braket of players, what's the reasoning behind "no sandman?" I've seen it crop up all over the place but never been able to get the logic. Is it the stun? Does the stun...go against some tenet of professional play?

This is meant as an honest question, but why do..how to phrase it. Tournament Play? Serious Face? Scrim? That braket of players, what's the reasoning behind "no sandman?" I've seen it crop up all over the place but never been able to get the logic. Is it the stun? Does the stun...go against some tenet of professional play?

It's a legacy thing. Traditionally, each individual player's skill has been the most important aspect of 'high-level' play, though that is subverted in explicitly team-focused games like TF2.

Anyway. A stunning mechanic, by nature, takes control away from the player who gets stunned. Most competitive players feel this breaks away from the FPS norm too much. They've become set in their ways(imo), and just blanket-banned it instead of learning to adapt.

the sandman is banned because competitive players are whiny babies

edit: if you stop and think about it the logic eventually boils down to players saying 'if you didn't stun me I totally would have killed you!!!' which is kind of hilarious

On request, #2 will now have crits disabled in its scrim configuration.

It also has an item whitelist that disables the Sandman... unfortunately, it may also disable the Gibus and Mildy Disturbing Halloween Mask, as neither are in item_whitelist_example.txt

Also, you guys should come up with a map cycle for scrims.

Edit: For whatever reason, the maplist got replaced by an old version sometime yesterday, which may explain the screwed up things we've been seeing.

the sandman is banned because competitive players are whiny babies

edit: if you stop and think about it the logic eventually boils down to players saying 'if you didn't stun me I totally would have killed you!!!' which is kind of hilarious

Demoman is OP