OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

You've already stated you don't participate in pregame for this reason. I don't see what the problem is.

i said it for ds because he cares about his stats too and afaik he participates too

There's an important difference between "This bothers me" and "This bothers me and I'd like you to stop". Bring the other people onside, then you'll have a case.

what

im pretty sure gman and pav and me and bleck any anyone else are that agrees are pretty much saying hey please stop when we say hey that bothers me

itd be pretty dumb to be saying hey this pisses me off but go ahead and do it anyway

Frankly, I'm kind of mystified at the fact you still want to play with us. You don't get along with a lot of people in the community, and you seem to prefer the experience offered by basically every other server on the Internet. I'd genuinely like to know what keeps you coming back.

just because i dont like some of the people (like you) doesnt mean i hate everyone

in terms of pubs i enjoy playing on stock maps on 24 slot servers where the playerbase has half a clue as to how to play the game (at least sometimes) and ocr fits this and i get decent ping and know the players on it

thats pretty much all im looking for

The effect that pregame mayhem has on stats is negligible in the longrun. When you have 14000 kills and 15000 deaths, a couple of pregame mayhem kills are not going to affect overall trends.

if you do it periodically, probably not

there are some people that get 10-20 kills on it every map

that will absolutely have an effect

there are some people that get 10-20 kills on it every map

i do this

dominate every spy

anyway just judging from tonight you guys seem to just sit around making fun of people like atmuh in-game and that is not very nice and you guys should not be brewing hatred like this

and edgecrusher is just a mean, mean person and i don't know why

be nice to people even if you don't agree with them and even if you do not know them

anyway just judging from tonight you guys seem to just sit around making fun of people like atmuh in-game and that is not very nice and you guys should not be brewing hatred like this

You may be right, but it isn't brewing hatred.

Just for lulz really.

atmuh is always displeased with SOMETHING on the server so after a while its pretty much a joke.

I don't care if its wrong to think like that, but really, it gets to a point where you just have to laugh at it.

A reinstall of hlstats is already on the todo list between powerlord and I due to backstab tracking being broken since the server move, but if that doesn't fix it then there's a legitimate flaw in the program. It is still claiming that it's ignoring frags during the bonus round though, so I doubt this is going to solve it.

I must have missed this. <3

On a totally unrelated note, I remember some interest a few pages back about playing on some of the contest entries from the latest TF2maps.net contest. I haven't had a chance to play on any of them, but I think it'd be worth seeing how some of them pan out. (HAARP, Vector, and Premuda in particular, but that's me.)

Fancy page with download link.

You may be right, but it isn't brewing hatred.

Just for lulz really.

atmuh is always displeased with SOMETHING on the server so after a while its pretty much a joke.

I don't care if its wrong to think like that, but really, it gets to a point where you just have to laugh at it.

i think progressively and i really cant help myself

no matter what i do with everything my mind constantly makes me think how it can be improved to the point of it driving me nuts

its great because when im working on something i go to great lengths to make it better all the but it sucks because i cant be satisfied with anything ever

so sorry but its just the way i am

yes but laugh friendly not laugh malicious we are all friends

I don't think we were being malicious.

Though it wasn't really a friendly thing either.

Just, "OH GOD MY SUICIDE COUNT"

It's one of the most trivial complaints I've seen in here, so of course I'm going to goof around about it.

i think progressively and i really cant help myself

no matter what i do with everything my mind constantly makes me think how it can be improved to the point of it driving me nuts

its great because when im working on something i go to great lengths to make it better all the but it sucks because i cant be satisfied with anything ever

so sorry but its just the way i am

Some of the things you suggest aren't bad.

But some of them, such as these past stats one, I think just count as nitpicking rather than seeking improvement.

Is there a particular reason 2Fort and Hydro are right next to each other in the rotation? They're more or less universally hated and it seems like a surefire way to empty the server. (It actually did empty about halfway through Hydro, although I'm not sure it was because of the map or because everyone was fed up with teamstacking.)

In other news, Borax updated to rc_2.

Is there a particular reason 2Fort and Hydro are right next to each other in the rotation? They're more or less universally hated and it seems like a surefire way to empty the server. (It actually did empty about halfway through Hydro, although I'm not sure it was because of the map or because everyone was fed up with teamstacking.)

That would be the server bugging and using the map list instead of the map cycle.

tc_hydro's not actually on the map cycle at all

cp_dustbowl is supposed to follow ctf_2fort.

Given that the server has no idea what the maplist is, it must be Sourcemod causing the problem. I'm going to look into reinstalling Sourcemod within the next few days. In the meantime, I'm going to restart the server.

Edit: I made a minor configuration change that may fix the problem, or at least mitigate it, but I can't test it directly. Just keep an eye out for maps appearing out of order.

cp_well0030.png

5 of the top 6 players on blue were nqa guys (brock samson, joe cool, and mirage are using alternate names, and gaunt keeps using strange misspellings of his). it really kept on like this until i quit a little later on to play borderlands with jimmy and frogg... maybe we should figure out something to do about flagrant disregard for the no teamstacking rule? :? :? :?

cp_well0030.png

5 of the top 6 players on blue were nqa guys (brock samson, joe cool, and mirage are using alternate names, and gaunt keeps using strange misspellings of his). it really kept on like this until i quit a little later on to play borderlands with jimmy and frogg... maybe we should figure out something to do about flagrant disregard for the no teamstacking rule? :? :? :?

I was wondering as I played tonight if some of them were nQa guys but without tags in their names.

I too quit after a few maps. (Joined just before cp_well ended, ctf_2fort (cut short by rtv), cp_badlands, cp_dustbowl, quit during pl_goldrush).

Not only was team stacking a problem in about every map here but cp_badlands, but Brock Samson had to be warned on multiple occasions not to sticky camp spawn doors.

i am hesitant to support a blanket ban as the nqa guys aren't all necessarily/deliberately stacking, but i will be giving warnings and kicks/tempbans from here on until we come to a consensus on how to handle the issue with them.

edit:

i will probably permanently ban any nqa guy that appears with a DIFFERENT name than i'm already familiar with, under the assumption that the name change is to hide his identity. So catch yourself before you wreck yourself.