OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

i am hesitant to support a blanket ban as the nqa guys aren't all necessarily/deliberately stacking, but i will be giving warnings and kicks/tempbans from here on until we come to a consensus on how to handle the issue with them.

edit:

i will probably permanently ban any nqa guy that appears with a DIFFERENT name than i'm already familiar with, under the assumption that the name change is to hide his identity. So catch yourself before you wreck yourself.

I'm going to note yesterday, that I didn't join early in the day because I saw 5 guys on with nQa in their name.

I can only assume 4 of them changed their names prior to when I was on.

The problem with teamstacking is that there are a lot more NQA guys playing recently.

I've played when there were at least 5 of them on at one time, 4 with tags, 1 without, and possibly more without tags.

With so many playing these days, it's not possible to have them separate from playing with a few clan members.

With so many playing these days, it's not possible to have them separate from playing with a few clan members.

...and the chance of all of them ending up on the same team randomly is also considerably less.

To be exact, it's the same probability as getting x coin tosses in a row: 1/(2^x) where 2 is the number of teams and x is the number of players.

To spell it out more explicitly:

2: 1/4 (25%)

3: 1/8 (12.5%)

4: 1/16 (6.25%)

5: 1/32 (3.125%)

6: 1/64 (1.5625%)

blanket banning all nqa people is a bad idea because there are people that ive enjoyed playing with on other pubs that are in nqa that dont have a problem playing with whoever, but banning all nqa people that play on the ocr server is probably a good idea

theyve sticky camped, stacked, and whatever else i dont understand why you people dont just ban them some of you are pretty quick to hand out bans to other people so why not these guys

but yeah tf2 has been pissing me off incredibly lately because no matter what server i play on i always end up autoing to a team getting rolled, not that i have a problem getting rolled (id prefer that to rolling any day), but more that i enjoy balanced maps and there never are any anymore

although none will ever be as bad as this

and those probability calculations are kinda off because when you hit auto there could be only 1 possible outcome

Oh jeez. :shock:

Were the NQA guys from last night the ones with Gun in their name by any chance?

Yeah.

You can tell by their avatar sometimes.

Though that situation of name changing wasn't to hide identities or anything.

The only non-tagged NQA guy I know of is Brock Samson

And I'm willing to bet GUN! is one too based on the name changes.

Just ban them.

They've already been warned a billion times, and they're still doing it. And they're changing their names to do it. It's pretty clear they've got no intention to respect the server rules.

The community shouldn't have to put up with this crap. Not from a bunch of outsiders.

Yeah.

You can tell by their avatar sometimes.

Though that situation of name changing wasn't to hide identities or anything.

The only non-tagged NQA guy I know of is Brock Samson

And I'm willing to bet GUN! is one too based on the name changes.

That would explain a lot, actually. Like why these people whose names I had never seen in my life were somehow owning my ass. <_<

Does anyone think maybe informing some higher-up at nQa or something would have any results?

That would explain a lot, actually. Like why these people whose names I had never seen in my life were somehow owning my ass. <_<

Does anyone think maybe informing some higher-up at nQa or something would have any results?

first off they arent that good (well a couple are) they are probably just coordinating in vent and in tf2 coordination will win just about every time and no nqa is a pubstar clan this is what they do

seriously why you people havent banned them yet confuses the crap out of me NO ONE WILL MISS THEM

The leaders of nQa are part of the group that are doing this.

seriously if i was one of the nqa guys id be sitting here reading this thread laughing at how you people have done NOTHING to them at all

I can't speak for everyone, but my reluctance to do something about it would come from the fact that they aren't bad people really.

They aren't asses to other people on the server, they just cluster themselves together when they play.

I mean maybe one or two of them has done something in the past, but I haven't had that kind of problem with them from what I can remember.

I can't speak for everyone, but my reluctance to do something about it would come from the fact that they aren't bad people really.

They aren't asses to other people on the server, they just cluster themselves together when they play.

I mean maybe one or two of them has done something in the past, but I haven't had that kind of problem with them from what I can remember.

oh please some of them are bigger jerks than i am

If anyone bans -nQa- Howl I'll be pretty pissed off. He's very polite and sociable. I've seen him teamswitch on occasion, in an effort to balance teams. Even when none of his teammates are in the game, I've seen him switch for the sake of making teams fair.

He's not the only one, but he's the only one I remember. I can't get behind a blanket ban.