OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

So I don't know what happened, but a bunch of people who I didn't recognize managed to totally own us on Dustbowl. The Demo spam probably helped. (And I definitely walked into a sticky trap placed at our spawn exit at least once.)

Then my internet decided to shit itself for the second time today and I said fuck it.

So I don't know what happened, but a bunch of people who I didn't recognize managed to totally own us on Dustbowl. The Demo spam probably helped. (And I definitely walked into a sticky trap placed at our spawn exit at least once.)

Then my internet decided to shit itself for the second time today and I said fuck it.

Yeah, that was just more fun than I could handle. In addition to the team stacking (and it was several members of a clan who were on the same team; one delightfully decided to re-add his tag before leaving), there was also sticky spawn camping, and a horrible misuse of the freedom of speech. Fireslash, thanks for popping in, but I think by the time you got there the damage had already been done. It's horrible to see the server empty on DUSTBOWL.

Um, if they should ever come back, the clan tag was ♥BNGD♥. I remember ♥BNGD♥ xXx^ƉǙČƘƥɰǹƨɎʘƯ^xXx ^_^, ♥BNGD♥ mesr-, and ♥BNGD♥ RADIO RAHEEEEEEEEEEEM εїз (who would not stfu for anything), but there were a few others...

Yeah, that was just more fun than I could handle. In addition to the team stacking (and it was several members of a clan who were on the same team; one delightfully decided to re-add his tag before leaving), there was also sticky spawn camping, and a horrible misuse of the freedom of speech. Fireslash, thanks for popping in, but I think by the time you got there the damage had already been done. It's horrible to see the server empty on DUSTBOWL.

Um, if they should ever come back, the clan tag was ♥BNGD♥. I remember ♥BNGD♥ xXx^ƉǙČƘƥɰǹƨɎʘƯ^xXx ^_^, ♥BNGD♥ mesr-, and ♥BNGD♥ RADIO RAHEEEEEEEEEEEM εїз (who would not stfu for anything), but there were a few others...

It was pretty bad. It was doubly hard for me because I was simple doing so incredibly poorly these past few days, tonight being the worst yet. I had a feeling they were all from one clan but there wasn't much I myself would be able to do about it that I didn't bother. I'm pretty sure I have the game recorded if any details are needed.

Fireslash, thanks for popping in, but I think by the time you got there the damage had already been done

Ooh, it sounds like something went down. What happened?

</morbid curiosity>

EDIT: I remember on Granary that someone with the name Gary was being accused of hacking. (Someone mentioned aimbotting specifically, but whatever.) I specced him for a bit and he was...a Spy (what), although he had the Ambassador, which would explain an aimbot. But he fired it too fast to allow for perfect accuracy, which are required for headshots to happen. And he never broke double digit points iirc. So...hax, or just idiotic players? (Not you guys, you're cool. In fact, I think it was some of the BGND people accusing him, but don't quote me on that.)

okay, gotten over my rage a bit, after some silliness in the server.

also, went through my screenshot folder and pulled some good deathcam shots of a few regulars.

!! on Steel, gracefully falling to his death.

islookinggood.jpg

An absolutely terrifying shot of Paranoid D:

paranoiddroneislookinggood.jpg

So, in addition to my desktop, the laptop I bought over Black Friday may be powerful enough to play TF2. I'll find out once I've finished preparing it for use (PC Decrapifier and AV installs first, methinks).

I bought it online, but for whatever reason, it already arrived here about 20 minutes ago.

I blame L4D2

not just l4d2, but also the combination of borderlands and modern warfare 2

people dont play borderlands nearly as much now as they used to, but when people started playing it like nuts that started the decline in tf2's popularity

the same thing happened last year and guess what it didnt get back up until the scout update (which was in february i think)

pl_badwater0032.jpg

So yeah, no team stacking eh?

if you look at avatars its the same people as

I can't believe these people managed to stack an entire team, but uh. . it happened:

lolwut.png

Powerless to stop so many people like that without an actual admin considering they take up half the game, so votes don't do shit.

It was pretty obnoxious too, when I pointed out how ridiculous it was they stacked that much but weren't that coordinated, and then for about 30 minutes they would not stop saying TIGER and talking about Sagat. . .

They eventually left, but. . lol

That was definitely something else.

heh heh heh