OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Disguising as a friendly Heavy actually has its uses (mostly during setup to trigger a sticky trap meant for the real Heavy), but I don't think I ever bother with the fists.

yeah but removing that small thing is i think worth not having the most common crash exploit possible

Hell yeah. Thanks Fireslash. Garian posted this today

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PublicStackers

And as you can tell most of them are in that group. Plus a few other annoying people from the last few weeks (Edward Cullen, etc). But the less of these clowns, the better.

Well hopefully I will be able to police this a bit more. If this starts to happen again, please message me with something specific. Most of the time I just get a message asking me if I will come play TF2.

If you need an admin, say so please. I will step up and defend the little guy.

lol Tiger.

In other news, I took a demo I had recorded of a Gold Rush round and turned it into a video with commentary. It was too long for YouTube, so I uploaded it to WeGame. Link here.

The process of figuring out which video editing software to use is officially annoying. For now I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker. <_<

(EDIT: Bonzai, Rambo, check your friends lists please?)

I'm a bit wary about calling it teamstacking, because it wasn't really the whole team. But just now, 3 players formed a little trinity that took the form of a Heavy and two pet Medics who would either stay latched onto said Heavy/each other nonstop or flail their ubersaws around. They both had the Kritzkrieg, so the net result was that they basically had a nonstop stream of crit boolets. Very frustrating.

I'm also pretty sure they had a voice com set up. At least twice, I was in view of one of the Medics but not the Heavy and not doing anything that would alert him to my presence, yet he still turned around and shot me immediately.

</rant>

EDIT: Just did a little digging, and they're all nQa members. That would explain it.

I'd play a lot more TF2 if I weren't playing HoN. I know the same can be said of many OCR guys. To be honest it's a little tiresome to hear so much bitching and drama over this game. It seems like every time I check this thread or the IRC channel there is just drama drama drama, usually involving bleck and atmuh. I don't want that. Can't you guys maybe just play the game?

I'd play a lot more TF2 if I weren't playing HoN. I know the same can be said of many OCR guys. To be honest it's a little tiresome to hear so much bitching and drama over this game.

HoN has its share of that too. Don't you act like it doesn't. :P

In other news, everyone should read this. Take a minute and imagine what they're proposing would look like in-game. You won't be disappointed.

In other news, everyone should read this. Take a minute and imagine what they're proposing would look like in-game. You won't be disappointed.

lol, I remember reading the thread it was created in. The idea of Heavy riding a little tricycle = DAWWW.

In other news, BREAKING NEWS! Valve finally got wind of waffle fire. Crossed fingers for a fix soon?

The #1 maplist is, imo, pretty damn boring right now.

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_well

cp_gravelpit

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_dustbowl

pl_goldrush

cp_badlands

cp_steel

cp_fastlane

ctf_turbine

Currenty we've been running JUST stocks, but we have options.

1) Add more stocks (Nucleus, sawmill, um... egypt?)

2) Add some customs in, like we had before.

3) Leave it as-is

Also, Yukon pretty much always seems to get rtv'd away after a round or two, thoughts on slicing that from the list?

As for customs, I'd like to propose adding cp or pl waste_v2

i actually like junction not sure if you wanna add that but no to sawmill and nucleus

egypt MAYBE i like it but most people dont

a few customs should be on the nominate list imo

if i had to suggest a list id say pl_frontier, ctf_vector, plr_solitude, and cp_freight

solitude and vector are from that plr/ctf contest and those were by far my favorite of the two types (i literally played on the test server for like 9 hours straight)

the only thing i didnt like about a/d ctf is that the intel caps instantly so if your team falls asleep for 30 seconds youll lose

i dont think its a GIGANTIC issue but it definitely takes getting used to and blu almost always wins until the defensive teams realize that pushing forward is not important and pushing to wherever the intel is actually is

id say instead of putting waste on the rotation give freight a try (personally id prefer to see vector on there but id imagine you guys would wanna give it a few test runs before you do that)

and lol zircon yeah i remember darkesword on irc saying the hon thread is even worse than this one

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_well

cp_gravelpit

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_dustbowl

pl_goldrush

cp_badlands

cp_steel

cp_fastlane

ctf_turbine

Jeez, that is kind of bland. Need to spice that up a bit for sure. I'd be totally in favor of adding extra stocks. Nominating Pipeline, Sawmill, Harvest, and Nucleus. (Not the Halloween Harvest, silly.) Junction and Egypt are lol, but I guess in small doses they wouldn't hurt. Why does everyone hate Yukon? Seriously. I seem to be the only person on the server who likes it. (Then again, I also seem to be the only one who doesn't like Turbine, so eh.)

Regarding customs, I think that if we end up adding them to #1, then it would sort of kill the point of #2. (Speaking of which, #2 was still locked for scrims as of last night.) I wouldn't object if they got added, as long as they were quality, but that may/may not open up a can of worms regarding #1: Stocks and Quality Customs. "What counts as quality?" "Whatever we decide to add, lol." "D:"

What's the maplist for #2? I actually don't know.

Sure, but it's much more short-lived. It doesn't spill out into the thread and IRC channel every day. I've spent tons of time in both subcommunities of OCR and TF2 just has way more drama (and it shouldn't.)

and lol zircon yeah i remember darkesword on irc saying the hon thread is even worse than this one

Nah, not even close. 99% of the discussion in the HoN thread is actually discussion of game mechanics, strategies, etc.