OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

The #1 maplist is, imo, pretty damn boring right now.

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_well

cp_gravelpit

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_dustbowl

pl_goldrush

cp_badlands

cp_steel

cp_fastlane

ctf_turbine

Currenty we've been running JUST stocks, but we have options.

1) Add more stocks (Nucleus, sawmill, um... egypt?)

2) Add some customs in, like we had before.

3) Leave it as-is

Also, Yukon pretty much always seems to get rtv'd away after a round or two, thoughts on slicing that from the list?

As for customs, I'd like to propose adding cp or pl waste_v2

Please oh PLEASE get rid of Yukon. And IIRC, server #1 is a stock server, so no customs please.

It doesn't spill out into the thread and IRC channel every day.

The only reason that happens is because of a couple of specific people(you know who you are) who have an axe to grind. They dislike certain things about the game or the server or whatever, and pursue their talking points aggressively. Belligerently, even.

server #1 is a stock server, so no customs please.

This. We have a whole other server, ostensibly for custom maps. Yet it sits empty 90% of the time, because people go where the community goes.

As for the rotation, I'll suggest swapping 2Fort with Well CTF, Yukon with Pipeline, and adding Lumberyard.

So Garian blanket banned -|nQa|- (or at least all of us on the server) @ 8:40 eastern today. It went like this from my perspective: Map switches to turbine, Garian types "banning chimpo and serenity brb", I ask, "why?", he says "because I don't like you."

A few minutes later we all get banned for team stacking.

Anyways it's true that there were four (or was it five?) of us on the same team, but I find this blanket ban kind of ridiculous for the following reasons:

A: I got zero warning or chance from Garian to avoid said bannage. Responding with "I don't like you," is not a warning. If he had asked me to switch I would have.

B: I have a super fast computer and load the map before anyone else. The teams are almost always empty so I always reflexively join blue. Ssince I come in so early I have no control over who joins what team afterwards, and if teams end up stacked that's not my fault and I'm willing to switch if needed.

C: The previous round teams were not stacked so it's not like we're always constantly joining the same team.

D: At the time of the banning the other team was winning. Yeah, so why ban people for stacking teams if they aren't even doing well?

E: It's not like Garian has been making an effort to make his team better. All I saw him doing today was running around as fireaxe pyro. Maybe his team is doing worse because they have one player being useless.

F: I and nQa are interested and invested in your server and community. Heck, we've started the thing up on numerous occasions. I remember I helped brush start up a pyro tennis match one night (until Garian shot it down). We make a concious effort not to stack, although sometimes it's going to happen, it's just how things are. We were just playing steel and we all auto'd. Everyone ended up on the same team except for me.

Now I don't chill on your forums much so I'm not up to date on previous incidents, but I'd say the banning is not only rash and unreasonable but also, in the long run, bad for your server. It will certainly be up a lot less.

So yeah, please reconsider.

So Garian blanket banned -|nQa|- (or at least all of us on the server) @ 8:40 eastern today. It went like this from my perspective: Map switches to turbine, Garian types "banning chimpo and serenity brb", I ask, "why?", he says "because I don't like you."

A few minutes later we all get banned for team stacking.

Anyways it's true that there were four (or was it five?) of us on the same team, but I find this blanket ban kind of ridiculous for the following reasons:

A: I got zero warning or chance from Garian to avoid said bannage. Responding with "I don't like you," is not a warning. If he had asked me to switch I would have.

B: I have a super fast computer and load the map before anyone else. The teams are almost always empty so I always reflexively join blue. Ssince I come in so early I have no control over who joins what team afterwards, and if teams end up stacked that's not my fault and I'm willing to switch if needed.

C: The previous round teams were not stacked so it's not like we're always constantly joining the same team.

D: At the time of the banning the other team was winning. Yeah, so why ban people for stacking teams if they aren't even doing well?

E: It's not like Garian has been making an effort to make his team better. All I saw him doing today was running around as fireaxe pyro. Maybe his team is doing worse because they have one player being useless.

F: I and nQa are interested and invested in your server and community. Heck, we've started the thing up on numerous occasions. I remember I helped brush start up a pyro tennis match one night (until Garian shot it down). We make a concious effort not to stack, although sometimes it's going to happen, it's just how things are. We were just playing steel and we all auto'd. Everyone ended up on the same team except for me.

Now I don't chill on your forums much so I'm not up to date on previous incidents, but I'd say the banning is not only rash and unreasonable but also, in the long run, bad for your server. It will certainly be up a lot less.

So yeah, please reconsider.

I'm not garian, but this is not the first time the issue of team stacking by nQa has come up.

Technically, I should have banned a bunch of nQa people when I was on yesterday (Tuesday), due to complaints* of team stacking on steel. The *only* reason I didn't is because I was lazy and didn't feel like doing it.

*I realize this gives duckyboy every right to bitch about me doing my job as admin, but I'm not really sure I care at this point.

I was there when it happened, and yeah, 4 of them joined blu, not automatically of course, manual. So yeah, banned. I don't really like it when someone refers to something like this as being "bad for the server". Its "bad for the server" when people are complaining about team stacking issues and stop playing on our server cause of it, like was pointed out a couple of times in game.

What I'm saying is I wasn't warned and I was not consciously stacking.. I load up faster than anyone else so I never pay attention to which team I'm joining since they're mostly empty. I just click on a door and if it doesn't work I click on the other. I would have switched if asked too.

I've never been personally addressed about this problem before and this ban came from garian with zero warning to me. The problem could easily have been remedied by asking me to switch. I have no control over what team my clanmates join after I'm already in game and I rarely consciously stack teams . If you want evidence look in the logs for cp_steel around 8:00 today. All my clanmates were on the opposite team from me and I stayed there, even though I was awwwwwl alone.

If you guys want me to always auto from now on I can do that...

Again, please reconsider.

I'm not garian, but this is not the first time the issue of team stacking by nQa has come up.

Technically, I should have banned a bunch of nQa people when I was on yesterday (Tuesday), due to complaints* of team stacking on steel. The *only* reason I didn't is because I was lazy and didn't feel like doing it.

*I realize this gives duckyboy every right to bitch about me doing my job as admin, but I'm not really sure I care at this point.

Evening,

This is not a post to stick up for other members of nqa, only to address ducky. I believe it was either monday or tuesday when ducky was complaining of us stacking. Not all of us wear tags, I personally hardly ever have mine on. I made it a point to start wearing it in the OCR server so you guys had visual proof that we are not stacking. But as I said, not all of us wear our tag in servers. I can absolutely promise you that there was between 5-7 members that night with maybe 3 tagged. I don't quite remember which tagged made it on which team, but i can absolutely promise that nqa was spread out between the 2 teams. If you choose no to believe me, i respect that as we have had past disagreements. But it is indeed the truth.

I second Gaunt's motion

Evening,

This is not a post to stick up for other members of nqa, only to address ducky. I believe it was either monday or tuesday when ducky was complaining of us stacking. Not all of us wear tags, I personally hardly ever have mine on. I made it a point to start wearing it in the OCR server so you guys had visual proof that we are not stacking. But as I said, not all of us wear our tag in servers. I can absolutely promise you that there was between 5-7 members that night with maybe 3 tagged. I don't quite remember which tagged made it on which team, but i can absolutely promise that nqa was spread out between the 2 teams. If you choose no to believe me, i respect that as we have had past disagreements. But it is indeed the truth.

I second Gaunt's motion

He probably just saw more than one of you guys in the game and started saying you were stacking. I'm pretty sure trolling is his thing

I was there the other night when he was doing it, and I know you weren't then.

Evening,

I second Gaunt's motion

What happened today aside,

If the above quoted was on yukon, I can confirm that there were ~4 nQa(not all tagged) on one team and 2 on the other. The teams weren't balanced, but they were as good as they're going to get with scythe-messiah being medicated on one. Those were good games, despite the complaints. There are some community members more prone to complaining than others.

What happened today aside,

If the above quoted was on yukon, I can confirm that there were ~4 nQa(not all tagged) on one team and 2 on the other. The teams weren't balanced, but they were as good as they're going to get with scythe-messiah being medicated on one. Those were good games, despite the complaints. There are some community members more prone to complaining than others.

Bolded for emphasis

Oh. Didn't realize the complaints from ducky and the complaints you received were one in the same. Mah bad.

They were, plus I was on the server at the time, so I was a witness... hence why he could accuse me of standing by and doing nothing. I've also made a comment on the Admin group about this particular incident.

The only reason that happens is because of a couple of specific people(you know who you are) who have an axe to grind. They dislike certain things about the game or the server or whatever, and pursue their talking points aggressively. Belligerently, even.

you mean you?

This. We have a whole other server, ostensibly for custom maps. Yet it sits empty 90% of the time, because people go where the community goes.

no it sits empty 90% of the time because as me dlux and bahamut said back when you guys talked about what to do with the second server there pretty much absolutely no reason to even have a second public server with the incredibly limited playerbase that ocr has

thats why before when there was only one server it was mostly stocks with the occasional custom (even though the maplist was hilarious) but it still worked really well, and itd be nice to go back to that

Evening,

I second Gaunt's motion

I've taken the time to check the server logs. I checked the profiles of every user I didn't recognize on the server for the Tuesday's cp_steel match that I was referring to earlier. Here's the list of all the players I found that were in either nQa clan:

L 12/01/2009 - 19:46:48: "[tigers] Guante, MD<590><STEAM_0:0:19170033><Unassigned>" joined team "Blue"

L 12/01/2009 - 19:47:04: "Jackets<567><STEAM_0:0:5839583><Unassigned>" joined team "Blue"

L 12/01/2009 - 19:47:10: "GUN!<483><STEAM_0:0:946908><Unassigned>" joined team "Blue"

L 12/01/2009 - 19:50:48: "-|nQa|- Crump<637><STEAM_0:1:7795408><Unassigned>" joined team "Blue"

[after the team switch]

L 12/01/2009 - 20:12:56: "-|nQa|- DEATH BLOW<644><STEAM_0:1:11009491><Unassigned>" joined team "Red"

5 people, all the same team, all the nQa people I saw who were on for that map.

I just click on a door and if it doesn't work I click on the other.

Rather than choosing the random door? Interesting. You know, I'm pretty sure this is the reason why your clanmates were telling you to STFU, because this is an implicit admission that you attempt to team stack.

you mean you?

I snickered. I honestly did. If that's the best you can come up with to try and boil my blood, you might as well leave now.

but it still worked really well, and itd be nice to go back to that

Rose-colored glasses.

It worked well for some people. A few others, most notably me, wanted to try more customs than we were doing at the time. Just to mix it up. Historically, this notion has been poorly received. I've made my peace with the fact that this community doesn't like to constantly experiment; their loss in my opinion, but it's a dead issue.

So, in the interest of efficiency, I guess I'll propose that #2 be converted into a private event server. IIRC the server fees are less if you keep it passworded; confirm/deny, anyone?