OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

uh yeah obviously especially considering the sound files have "dec" in the filenames

I haven't gotten around to extracting them yet, and the linked video doesn't list the filenames.

Look, the only reason I'm even home right now is because I'm working on a paper, otherwise I'd be at work.

ATTENTION ALL ADMINS:

Fireslash has seconded my suggestion to have an admin meeting to discuss things about the servers and whatnot tonight.

We really didn't pick a time, but anytime is good for me. So whenever is good.

Also, I thought that maybe we open this one up to the public. If we are down for this that is fine, but if not, meh.

also, i thought that maybe we open this one up to the public. If we are down for this that is fine, but if not, meh.
because we are a secret illuminati society that you aren't allowed to be a part of.

edit uhhhhh why did it make everything in the quotes lowercase that is kinda weird

as i posted i didnt uncapitalize that it did it on its own and im kinda confused as to why and i dont only contribute negativity i contribute my opinion which although it may be in opposition to yours most of the time i try to think things in the best interest of everyone (which is why if theres gonna be discussion as to what to do with the server it should be open to everyone)

as i posted i didnt uncapitalize that it did it on its own and im kinda confused as to why and i dont only contribute negativity i contribute my opinion which although it may be in opposition to yours most of the time i try to think things in the best interest of everyone (which is why if theres gonna be discussion as to what to do with the server it should be open to everyone)

i am gonna answer this in a way you can understand no your previous attitudes towards people of the community make no one want to take anything you say seriously you could easily take a hint and maybe not be such a self important prick but you dont you continually prod at people making mods and other folks wonder why you got a second chance in the first place so to say that you have the communitys best interest in mind is a laugh and a half by the way your impressive use of the run on sentance is hilariously bad so please shape up or ship out it is not that hard to not be a dick about things

thats not how you talk brushfire

type how you talk

and that was a terrible attempt at posting like me

if i dont connect things with conjunctions i hit enter and start a new thought

and uh where in this thread or on the server am i being a serious jerk about anything

i may make a derogatory comment once every couple of maps but i would imagine thats nothing since you mock me over the mic for the good part of any map that im on the server with you

[Attempt to derail argument]

This map looks pretty sweet. http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/118880

[/Attempt to derail argument]

moonshine is an ok map (visually) and just about as good as any koth map youll play (which in my opinion isnt good at all) but i believe it crashed people who used dx8 and im not sure if thats been fixed yet

edit oh nevermind that was fixed in this release

I can't say I'm too crazy about the themes plugin either, simply because I know that it kills any performance lower-end machines tend to get. However, if the disable themes option works, then that reason is pretty moot at this point.

Still gets a 'no' vote for me though. Maybe this is something to discuss at the next meeting if it is made public?

I've played that. Not a bad map for small groups, but I imagine it'll get spammy in a full server:?

Also very easy to exploit as demo.

EDIT:

So...

Code in the server binary:

bool ShouldPlaySpecialAudio(CTFPlayer *pPlayer)
{
bool result;

if ( pPlayer && (CTFPlayer::IsPlayerClass(pPlayer, 3) || CTFPlayer::IsPlayerClass(pPlayer, 4)) )
result = engrandom->GetRandomInt(1, 100) <= 10;
else
result = 0;
return result;
}

Which basically means: If you're a demo or soldier, you have a 10% chance of hearing the new voices.

Furthermore, robin told various news sources: "We've got something coming, but it's not a new game mode," Valve's Robin Walker says. "The key to understanding the new sound files is to figure out who's hearing them in-game, and who isn't."

So...

Code in the server binary:

bool ShouldPlaySpecialAudio(CTFPlayer *pPlayer)
{
bool result;

if ( pPlayer && (CTFPlayer::IsPlayerClass(pPlayer, 3) || CTFPlayer::IsPlayerClass(pPlayer, 4)) )
result = engrandom->GetRandomInt(1, 100) <= 10;
else
result = 0;
return result;
}

Which basically means: If you're a demo or soldier, you have a 10% chance of hearing the new voices.

Furthermore, robin told various news sources: "We've got something coming, but it's not a new game mode," Valve's Robin Walker says. "The key to understanding the new sound files is to figure out who's hearing them in-game, and who isn't."

now maybe everyone will go soldier and demo

FINALLY

i really hope for demo achievements theres a sticky camping achievement

Oh that would be hilarious.

It does indeed look nice. Then again, I think any map with sufficient detail looks nice. <_<

If anyone cares, Glacier is on rc6. (I have no idea what's going on with the maplists now since I'm almost never on the second server.) Someone refresh my memory: I know we played on it before, but did we enjoy it?

So exciting! Hopefully the details will be released tomorrow.

on the official blog it says FRIENDSHIP ENDS IN ONE DAY so thats why theres even potential for the update itself to come out tomorrow

PLEASE VALVE CAN THIS UPDATE CONTAIN ACTUAL WEAPONS AND NOT JUST SOME HATS YOU GET FOR KILLING OPPOSING SOLDIERS OR DEMOS THANK YOU IN ADVANCE