OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

The first details of the War update are upon us.

It turns out that both Demo and Soldier will get 3 new weapons... but whichever class kills more of the other in the next week will also get a fourth weapon.

For those of us who really don't care that much, Valve has noted that we'll have new maps this update, too.

Details on the update will be released over the next week, including the new maps, achievements, weapons, and "surprises."

Makes me wonder if surprises deals with the Engineer update... ;)

I will be supporting Soldier, who will you guys root for?

Hello, I've been a regular for a while, but I keep getting kicked by reserved slots; I was hoping I might have one to avoid being kicked.

Today I joined RED with a friend (while it was completely empty), and by about 15 minutes later the server had filled and I was kicked by a reserved slot.

On another note, because of the soldier/demoman update, playing spy is even more awesome than before.

On another note, because of the soldier/demoman update, playing spy is even more awesome than before.

QFE

Anyway, send me, Fireslash, or Bahamut a note about reserved slots.

Also, voice chat died on both servers for some reason.

P.S. Enabling alltalk on RED (#2) by default by popular demand.

I noticed there was kind of a major problem on RED with regards to weapon switching. Roughly half the time, when I'd try to switch weapons (or disguise), it wouldn't register and put me back at the last weapon I used. This...is kind of a big deal, actually. I heard it was caused by Demoman overload? Which doesn't make much sense, but having so many stickies, grenades, and rockets flying around can be taking an undue toll on the server.

(I'm not kidding, having a team of 16 Demoman bots lay 8 stickies each followed by grenade spam is used sometimes on custom maps to make sure they're not using too many entities, which would suggest to me that they have a non-zero cost for the server to handle.)

*w*

But yeah, my stance on this update? lol no drama for me cuz i care about neither.

Although if I was forced to play as either Soldier or Demoman, I'd go Soldier. I fail as a drunk scottish cyclops.

I'll try and get a little play time in today after school but I am busy. :(

While I was looking at atmuh's screenshot I saw good ole' Dr. Horrible was on the server. He's a pretty mean Soldier from what I recall of him on other servers. Told me to move on from Pyro because the skill ceiling was way too low. That I should work on something like Demoman or Sniper instead.

Unless this was a different Dr. Horrible, in which case nevermind.

Well I probably won't be playing for a while.

My replacement mouse broke.

So I have two non-working mice.

I was lucky as hell to find an ancient relic of a mouse, but there's no way I can play TF2 with this piece of shit.

Doesn't even have a scroll wheel rofl.

Better than having an entirely unworking computer lol xD

But still I feel your pain.

Well I probably won't be playing for a while.

My replacement mouse broke.

So I have two non-working mice.

I was lucky as hell to find an ancient relic of a mouse, but there's no way I can play TF2 with this piece of shit.

Doesn't even have a scroll wheel rofl.

It's a conspiracy! The demoman is destroying everyone's computers so you can't destroy him.

I'll try and get a little play time in today after school but I am busy. :(

While I was looking at atmuh's screenshot I saw good ole' Dr. Horrible was on the server. He's a pretty mean Soldier from what I recall of him on other servers. Told me to move on from Pyro because the skill ceiling was way too low. That I should work on something like Demoman or Sniper instead.

Unless this was a different Dr. Horrible, in which case nevermind.

Sounds like he hasn't faced a Pyro who's mastered his gift of Airblast.

I enjoy how Valve acknowledges that they released this update in the middle of exams for many college students, but thinks you should be participating in the war anyways. Dem basterds.

I'll be back when exams are done, and hopefully with less lag!

Hahaha, so true. I got a final tomorrow morning but I want to play so badly and it's friday too!