OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

and here I figured the Soldier taunt would have a stun effect, due to one of his achievements involving the deaths of stunned players. However, that jives with the Spray of Defeat achievement (which is to kill another player with a grenade).

It looks to me like most of the Demo achievements are pretty easy. The Soldier ones on the other hand...

As for the server:

Starting later tonight, we're going to password the RED server. The password will be "ocrtf2"

I would password it now, but I'm pretty sure Valve won't update it until quite late tomorrow.

You guys realize that the demoman can now run around with two sticky launchers.

Can't wait for the action.

Or it replaces the current sticky launcher as well with no pipe bomb replacement? lol but there is nowhere in the update that says what it replaces I guess it replaces the current Sticky launcher kinda like how the Jarate and Razorback share a slot.

I've been sick the last few days but expect me to make a good effort to play TF2 tonight after the update launches. I expect all of our Soldier players to switch their secondary weapon to the Bugle so I can have more fun as a Pyro. :razz:

Except me. Regardless of the damage buff, I'd rather have the shotgun.

More than anything, I'm gonna mess around with the crafting system and see if I can get something awesome out of it.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

New Content

- Added new control point map Gorge

- Added new capture the flag map Double Cross

- Added item crafting

- Added work-in-progress TF Bots for beta testing in KOTH maps (blog post coming with more info)

- Added headshot death animations

- Added more backstab animations

Soldier

- Added 35 new Soldier achievements

- Added 4 new Soldier items

- Added new Soldier Domination lines

Demoman

- Added 35 new Demoman achievements

- Added 3 new Demoman items

- Added new Demoman Domination lines

Spy

- Now pretends to be carrying the weapons & wearables of the target he's disguised as

- Moved the Spy's camera-beard to the Misc loadout slot so he can equip it with a hat

Scout

- The Sandman now only stuns on a max range hit (when you hear the cheering)

- All shorter hits now force the enemy into the thirdperson fleeing state (also removed the damage reduction on them)

Minor changes

- Added new options to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog:

- Combat text, which displays damage amounts you do to enemies.

- Medic auto caller, which automatically shows you nearby friends at low health.

- Heal target marker, which better highlights the target your medigun is locked onto.

- Alternative Spy disguise menu, which lets you choose disguises using just the 1-3 keys.

- Fixed being able to affect friendly pipes with airblast (they would unstick)

- Added recharge sound to abilities with a recharge bar

- Fixed attachable wearables not staying on ragdolls

- Players no longer see the wearables that are a part of a friendly spy's disguise, fixing various graphical glitches

- Added jiggle bones for Pyro's chicken hat

- Added 2 new game startup songs

Community Mapmaker requests:

- Implemented InputSetSetupTime() for team_round_timer (was in the .fgd but never implemented)

- Added "SetDispenserLevel" input to cart dispenser (1, 2, or 3)

Massive random unnecessary sandman nerf GO lol

I don't know what of the Soldier's weapons I'll be using... I might give the direct hit a go and I'm probably going to use the Equalizer since it's pretty much an upgrade I don't see a real downside to it.

as for Demo I'm going to be using the sword and shield and screaming THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE to myself.

Fortunately due to the fact I rarely use my mic you'll never hear it so be thankful.

my scottish accent is awful.

Also is anyone else disappointed in the new Sticky bomb launcher? I was honestly hoping they'd give him something to replace the Pipes.

Edit: Also this weapon that was being fought over was entirely not worth it. lol

I do think the Sandman nerf was a bad idea.

It actually makes one of the Soldier's achievements all but impossible to get. I mean, there are exactly two stun affects in the game: Sandman and Sniper's taunt kill. And Soldier has to kill 5 stunned enemies for an achievement?

Also: Both of the new maps are in both servers mapcycles twice. Hopefully you don't get tired of them too quickly.

Those maps are cp_gorge and ctf_doublecross.

P.S. We've shortened the time on cp_gorge, as it's a 2CP attack/defend map. As in 2CP total, not per stage like Dustbowl has.

Brushfire has joined the OCR Camera Beard Club.

I swear, I saw 20 people get Camera Beards when I was on.

Some people multiple of them.

GUESS WHO DIDN'T GET ONE!

Also, the server (at least RED) is periodically crashing. I assume BLU is too. This may be SourceMod related, as a bunch of different Sourcemod stuff also isn't working.

Popular opinion of the people I talked to seem to think ctf_doublecross is the better of the two new maps. I've played cp_gorge for a whole 30 seconds, so I haven't formed an opinion yet.

Edit: One last thing; when the Steam servers go down, it will appear that people keep getting the items they received just before the server went down. So if you see this, don't be surprised. Also, when the Steam servers come back up, they tend to award items in batches.

yeah literally everyone was getting camera beards but i instead got a picklehaub which i am much happier with

people were getting tons of everything pretty much

so the damage numbers and the bugle really make me feel like im playing a mmo which is hilarious

and this crafting thing so annoying i threw my 2 mining lights in there and got a trophy belt THE WORST HAT IN THE GAME

btw this was also added under orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\spy\firesuit

126110437024.png

and i cant be the only one thats upset about the two maps

ANOTHER ctf map (not to mention which is bugged to go into overtime when the timer hits 0) and a SINGLE STAGE a/d map (which also stalemates when the timer hits zero)

seriously valve thats weak

People are getting tons of items and I'm getting next to nothing. Not cool. I suppose I don't have time to play as much after the update as a lot of people probably did (moving in abour three hours), but still. And am I the only one slightly annoyed at how much stuff you need to craft stuff that you use to craft actual useful stuff? Again, it wouldn't be a huge problem if I had kept everything I ever received from drops, but the only hint of an item system we were ever given was trading which I had no real desire to use.

I suppose I'm just continually annoyed by a system that rewards things like having no life and leaving my computer on while I do something productive.