OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Question, why do people like it when the hands are ALL THE WAY out, like a zombie?

viewmodel_fov

field of view

you can see more

btw vivi they actually did mention crafting here http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2787

i guess i was the only one that payed attention to that

if you really hate the drop system just use the achievement unlocker to get your stuff

EDIT: Oh, yeah, building dispensers as spy is an exploit. Don't do it.

Yes, you risk getting VAC banned for it.

Yeesh, there are too many Spy bugs this update.

The other major one is the Dead Ringer's time being nerfed. It depletes Cloak a lot faster than it's supposed it right now. It lasts between 3 and 5 seconds; it's supposed to last approximately 8 (still shorter than the normal cloaks which are 10).

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Fixed a client crash related to arrows

- Fixed a server crash related to items

- Fixed a server crash caused by the Demo taunt kill

- Fixed a server crash caused by using the Equalizer

- Fixed client ragdoll commands resulting in ragdolls standing around

- Restored the missing point_teleport entity

- Fixed stats and achievements being tracked while using sv_cheats

- Fixed Spies being able to build dispensers

- Fixed clients not fixing up inventory items in bad backpack positions

- Added a new chat message when players craft an item

- Fixed "Bloody Merry" and "Second Eye" achievements being achieved incorrectly

- Updated the description of the "Bravehurt" achievement

- Fixed Blutsauger attributes

- Fixed the Direct Hit having an incorrect short range damage curve (now matches the normal Rocket Launcher curve)

- Fixed the Spy's unlockables watches using the wrong consume/recharge rates

RED (#2) has already been restarted.

Does anyone know where I can find a CFG for high framerates?

I have a terrible framerate on lowest settings so I was wondering if anyone had a CFG that'll increase my framerate.

http://www.m0re.nocrits.com/index.php?site=files&file=8

It will make your game look pretty bland but it works wonders. There is a less severe version which doesn't sacrifice as much (I think, I've never tried it out) but doesn't get quite as much FPS gain.

Graphics shmaphics..

A warning to all admins with mirror access: I'm in the middle of copying the file mirror over to the new server. Files added after this point will not appear on the new server.

Stats and bans won't be transferred quite yet, as we're going to transition databases as late as we possibly can.

http://www.m0re.nocrits.com/index.php?site=files&file=8

It will make your game look pretty bland but it works wonders. There is a less severe version which doesn't sacrifice as much (I think, I've never tried it out) but doesn't get quite as much FPS gain.

Thanks. :)

and question. Why doesn't the config work? I put it in the config folder and I did the launch options. :/

That's cool brushfire.

I'll probably be playing more TF2 after this free weekend. Combo of annoying players and unlocks not working right is bleh right now.

Thought I already replied to this, but...

We have one of our servers locked for the former reason.

The latter is something Valve is going to have to sort out. It looks like my Internet connection is back to normal again, so I may be on again soon.

The problem is that no one is playing on RED right now, despite it being locked and having a password of "ocrtf2".

Valve has a Thing about people using achievement unlockers with TF2. It's just asking to get VAC banned.

um

you must first off not know how VAC works

it ONLY checks while you have the game running so as long as you arent running it with tf2 on at the same time its nothing

and there was that once thing after the scout pack where they took away peoples weapons for a week but that was because EVERYONE used it

i used it like a month afterwards on another account and it was a-ok and i know plenty of people that use it regularly to relock achievements if they wanna try getting them again

um

you must first off not know how VAC works

it ONLY checks while you have the game running so as long as you arent running it with tf2 on at the same time its nothing

VAC is just the banning part of the system. No more, no less.

The thing is, in this case, the achievements and drop system will surely note that you earned the same achievement twice. If it didn't before, it certainly will now that the Crafting system is present, as it can be used to gain extra drops to craft with.