OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

buff banner is way too good atm no doubt it will require a nerf. even if you do 1 damage to someone you can fill up the bar if that person has taken enough damage in his lifetime.

no idea why dh can one shot but nade launcher was nerfed so that it cant. inconsistent

minicrits need to go unless they can actually make it so that you dont get minicritted if youre standing on stairs or a railing. pretty sloppy. not sure on the jumping minicrits since it does give a pretty cool risk/reward where if you jump you can dodge the entire rocket but you can also just get minicritted. at the same time that doesn't really advertise the whole 'mini crit on AIRSHOTS' thing. if thats an airshot everyone of us deserves a medal

buff banner is way too good atm no doubt it will require a nerf. even if you do 1 damage to someone you can fill up the bar if that person has taken enough damage in his lifetime.

not since yesterdays nerf

it takes FOREVER to charge and if you decide to go to a resupply to get health/ammo back its back to zero

I have no issue with the buff banner. It's really nice and not really used that much. The issue I have is the targe and Eyelander, it's so hard to get away from and you shoot, shoot, shoot the Demoman and he doesn't die AHhhhhhh. I think they are nice weapons though.

Now the Direct Hit seems ridiculous. I thought it's bonus was simply for airshots. It should not kill you in one hit if you are on the bloody ground. The Soldier is way too powerful as is. I agree wholeheartedly with Clefairys sentiments.

Also the Sandman stun effect is ridiculous. Why would someone throw their hands up in the air and run around if they were stunned? Look, I thought the Sandman was annoying as the next guy, but they nerfed it so many times, this latest nerf was totally unnecessary.

In the whole perspective of things, I think TF2 is being over saturated with effects and sounds. Something which Valve sought to avoid. I know it is magnified greatly right now, what with everyone trying to get the new items and all, but still this game is becoming more and more cluttered with noise on the screen and noise in the speakers.

P.S. Double Cross is such an awful map. There is no real cohesiveness to it. As someone mentioned last night, it's a new version of 2fort, except it lacks the charm of cardboard cutout cows.

*grumble* *grumble*

Sorry about the whining.

as for gorge and doublecross, I'm looking for a wider consensus on these as far as them being in rotation.

Right now, they are/were in rotation twice (because they're new). Cutting one of each of them should help.

I actually like doublecross, but haven't really played enough Gorge to gauge it. It seemed OK the few times I've played it.

So, looking at our maps folder, here's a list of maps I vote we remove from the server, due to us pretty much never playing them, or them being bad. Please feel free to speak up for a map if you want it

TRASH:

achievementbox_b3

arena_dailydozen_a2

arena_dust2

arena_greek_v1

arena_harvest_v2

arena_mach2

arena_oasis_final

arena_starship_v1

arena_storm_b1c

cp_aqua

cp_avante_b2

cp_blackmesa_final

cp_concussion

cp_cyberpunk

cp_desertfortress

cp_devilsbrew_final

cp_downtown_*

cp_generator

cp_industrial_b6

cp_ironbowl_b8

cp_labor

cp_lazytown

cp_orange_*

cp_piratelife_b5b

cp_powercore_b3

cp_redfort_b3

cp_resonance_b8

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

cp_shabbytown_final

cp_snowpath_b2

cp_studio_rc4

cp_toy_fort_alt3

cp_toy_fort_elite

cp_warpath

cp_woodshed_b2

ctf_1fort_b1

ctf_2docks

ctf_2fort_night

ctf_2fort_night2

ctf_aerospace_b7

ctf_aesoprock_b7

ctf_bball2

ctf_blitz

ctf_crossunder

ctf_hallofdeath

ctf_mach4

ctf_royal_b3

ctf_cruise_b4b

stf_slate_b1

ctf_snofort_final

ctf_snowdrift_b2

ctf_staging_a11

ctf_waterhole_b4

ctp_epsilon_a3

cyberpunk

dm_quake_castle_b2

downtown_steaksauce (wtf?)

koth_lighthouse_rc5

koth_oilfield

pl_borax_rc

pl_cave_b6

pl_cranetop_b8

pl_dbheights_b5

pl_donkeykong_final

pl_dustbowl_b4

pl_great_heights_b2

pl_halfacre

pl_haywood_beta6

pl_hoodoo_final

pl_jungle_a1c

pl_mill_b5

pl_payback_beta

pl_repository_rc3

pl_strider_v1

pl_swift_final

pl_swiftwater

pl_terran_b4b

pl_woodland_final

pl_zig_z2a

pl_animus_a8

plr_arctic_c

plr_cornfield_c1 (Server killer)

plr_highwind_a4

plr_rollout

Not sure:

ctf_convoy_v2

ctf_bayou_c

koth_garbage_day

pl_cashworks_rc2

tc_meridian_b5

pl_repository_rc3

pl_cashworks_rc2

I love these two, but I don't know if anyone else really likes them. I know some people have performance issues with cashworks, if that's the reason for removing it I'm fine with that. I've always had fun on Repository, though. (I don't think I've ever seen it run on OCR, actually...)

I'd like to keep the following maps on that list

arena_starship_v1 (even though we never play arena, it's still fun)

pl_cranetop_b8 (It has some interesting concepts in it)

pl_hoodoo_final (because it's a stock map)

ctf_aerospace_b7 (it's kinda fun)

koth_garbage_day (I like garbage_day, and this is the updated version with the koth HUD)

Should probably play again to see how they're affected by the latest update:

cp_piratelife_b5b

pl_woodland_final

Maps I'd like to ensure are gone:

ctf_hallofdeath (doesn't work that well on a 24-player server)

dm_quake_castle_b2 (AKA the map with no lighting that spawns people on top of each other)

pl_great_heights_b2 (can't stand this map)

ctf_vector_c3 (build a pl map if you want pl, don't use ctf flags instead)

plr_nightfall_c (incomplete, WAY too large for a plr map)

mr_flea: I haven't ever seen repository run either. Cashworks would probably be OK if the file size weren't so large and it didn't cause performance issues.

As a side note, you can see which maps have the larger download file size on the map mirror page and clicking on the "Size (compressed) in MB" header twice. Sorry about the header name, Tablesorter was mis-sorting them when the MB was in the column itself.

I propose to keep Cyberpunk in.

It's one of the key "goof around" maps that we have.

And though we haven't played it in a while, I don't think it would hurt to keep it around.

I can't stand cyberpunk, but if one of those was kept in, I'd prefer cp_cyberpunk, because it actually has a map goal.

I know there's a good amount of people that don't like it, but I also know how much fun people had when we would play Cyberpunk with low gravity

I was considering suggesting cyberpunk myself, but lots of people it. Low-gravity cyberpunk is really fun.

I vote to keep cyberpunk as well, cause low gravity or not, I love it.

I would vote to keep toy fort but people seriously get butthurt over that map.

Actually, alt3 is a variation of it I uploaded a while back that supposedly fixed some issues with it, but to my knowledge we've never tried it.