OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm going to add ctf_vector_c3 to my list of maps that need to be removed from the server.

Seriously, if you want to build a pl map, build a pl map, not a pl map with ctf flags instead of carts.

uh

why is c3 the version on there v1 is the current verion and there were tons of improvements over that one

uh

why is c3 the version on there v1 is the current verion and there were tons of improvements over that one

Because we've not updated it.

Conversely, I like Vector.

I don't get the equation of A/D ctf to a PL map... it's rather different. It's also a lot less stalematey since capping the point is just a matter of sneaking the flag onto the point when nobody else is on it; unlike PL where the enemy team can respawn and take you all out after you've cleared it since the cart has to trundle along.

I don't get the equation of A/D ctf to a PL map... it's rather different. It's also a lot less stalematey since capping the point is just a matter of sneaking the flag onto the point when nobody else is on it; unlike PL where the enemy team can respawn and take you all out after you've cleared it since the cart has to trundle along.

A/D ctf is equated to PL because Valve intentionally omitted A/D ctf from Team Fortress 2 (it was in TF and TFC; see avanti), and Payload was introduced partly as a replacement for it. Payload fixes certain problems with the mode, such as flag spawn times, griefing, making all the classes useful, etc...

Well, having just got back from a round of Vector, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, personal fail and K:D issues aside. Both teams won when attacking, so it's not horribly imbalanced towards defense at least.

Panic was also fun, but I wasn't able to see the first stage or really explore much.

Because we've not updated it.

Conversely, I like Vector.

well yeah its just ive never even seen c3 that must be a really old version

and when i first played a/d ctf i pretty much said it was pl except with a freeroaming payload that you control

because thats what it is

and i like it!