OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I think it was fun having egypt back in for a week or two but it's already overstayed it's welcome for some. Premuda I've had a lot of mixed feelings about, so I'm open to discussion on putting it back.

I consider myself anti-Egypt, but having it in rotation for a couple weeks actually was kind of fun. I think we should throw more 'limited time' wild card maps in the rotation to spice things up every month or couple weeks. Sometimes it's nice just to have something different even if the map design is debatable.

I am a fan of Doublecross it's a nice CTF I enjoy it more than I enjoy 2fort and I'm a fan of 2fort.

(even if in someways it's very similar to an earlier version of my own map >_>)

Yes, I'm all for keeping Doublecross and removing sawmill.

Sorry, I meant to say sawmill.

My fingers just won't let me nominate two fourts removal as long as ctf_sawmill is on there.

My only problem with Doublecross is because the bridge connects the spawns so closely together, people tend to forget about capturing the flag and instead and up just killing each other on the bridge all day. But it's still a good map in my opinion.

Premuda is rigged for BLU on the first two and then it's even on the last one... unless it got fixed a little bit. The first capture on all the points is way too easy, way too many ways around and sentries become practically worthless. It's a map that looks great sure, but it needs to open up a little bit and take out some of those walls. I'm not opposed to the map, but I'm not for it either.

Also, isn't plr_panic on beta 2 right now?

... and yes, kill ctf_sawmill... has more issues than pl_hoodoo.

I was mostly supporting ctf_sawmill because I liked it more than 2Fort/Turbine. Now that Doublecross is here, I don't care if it stays or goes.

I enjoyed Premuda when I played on it. Then again, I enjoy most customs as long as there's no blatant imbalance due to "Ooh, shiny!"

Anyone else feel that Doublecross is Valve's attempt at "fixing" 2Fort? It has the same bridge-connecting-two-bases, a bottom sewer route, Sniper decks overlooking the middle, and so forth, but it actually works. Maybe because the alternate routes are worth taking?

i could do without turbine, 2fort, sawmill, and any of the custom maps.

egypt can stay or go. i think the appearance of it bugs me more than any actual play issues.

oh, and i still hate gravelpit, but i think i am the only one, so ignore me i guess.

I like 2fort over sawmill as well....although playing alter ego Ax Axington on 2fort has become less fun now that there are all these eyelander demos running around.

And for all you that I met at MAGfest, I'm here, and posting, and I will attempt to make that a usual thing...though I am much better at lurking. Also, you've learned I'm the best medic in the real world as well.

I love doublecross. Get some killer spying done there.

2fort is sniper melee funtimes for me; rarely does it end up being serious play.

Don't care too much for ctf sawmill. It's fun occasionally, but I prefer the KOTH version of it.

I really dislike turbine. It always ends up with either a roll (scout rush / control of the middle) or a deadlock (2+ engies in the intel room on either side). Plus it always gets RTV'd when it's in the list of choices (same with steel, although I don't mind steel that much).

I really don't think ctf_turbine needs to be on the rotation. Isn't it a popular rtv choice for us? That gives it enough play.

ctf_doublecross is loved by many and even I like it. An obvious keep.

ctf_sawmill has been fun but it's not really a great map. A lot of people seem to dislike it.

ctf_well seems to be a very mixed bag. Some people like it, some people don't.

Based on feedback I've gotten, I've removed premuda and egypt from rotation.

I think it was fun having egypt back in for a week or two but it's already overstayed it's welcome for some. Premuda I've had a lot of mixed feelings about, so I'm open to discussion on putting it back.

Current rotation is:

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_dustbowl

ctf_sawmill

cp_gravelpit

cp_gorge

pl_goldrush

ctf_2fort

cp_badlands

plr_panic_b1

cp_steel

ctf_doublecross

koth_harvest

cp_waste_v2

... How did 2fort get back in there? Do we really want 2fort AND doublecross in?

take panic out (customs kill the server at night)

take dustbowl out leave in gorge (same thing)

take 2fort out leave doublecross (same thing)

take sawmill out replace with turbine (better ctf)

put in an arena map

space out the maps better

spam maps shouldnt be right next to each other (badwater -> dustbowl)

take panic out (customs kill the server at night)

take dustbowl out leave in gorge (same thing)

take 2fort out leave doublecross (same thing)

take sawmill out replace with turbine (better ctf)

put in an arena map

space out the maps better

spam maps shouldnt be right next to each other (badwater -> dustbowl)

I still hate Turbine and would rather see Dustbowl stay, but other than that I agree for the most part. (Customs would probably be fine when it's mostly regulars, but we have RTV for that.)

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Server Browser (for TF2 and DoD:S)

• Added a client-side server blacklist
    • Supports blacklisting of specific servers, all servers on an IP, and all servers on a class C range
    • Saves the server list to a file, and has an Import button to allow easy sharing (cfg\server_blacklist.txt)

Balance changes

• Reduced the health penalty on The Sandman
  • The Force-A-Nature knockback on target now
    • Only applies to hits that deal more than 30 damage and are in close range
    • Factors in the firer's angle of attack when determining the knockback direction
    • Has less of an effect on grounded targets

[*]The Dead Ringer now

• Reduces cloak to 40% when uncloaking early
    • Has a 35% cap on the amount of cloak it can gain from an ammo pack
    • Has a quieter de-cloak sound

Changes / Fixes

• Fixed a performance & stability issue with AMD processors
  • Improved the stability of the game server -> item backend connection
  • Fixed a rare server crash related to dispensers
  • Added min/max values to viewmodel_fov convar to match the settings in the slider
  • Reduced the number of moons in ctf_doublecross, sadly
  • Demo playback now ignores sv_pure settings, allowing demos to easily contain custom content
  • Fixed a crash related to sv_pure and the wireframe_dx6 shader
  • Players can no longer shoot while stunned
  • Fixed a bug that caused movement speed reductions to not work on stunned players
  • Soldier Rage bar no longer resets when touching a resupply cabinet

Achievement fixes

• Fixed the "Second Eye" Demoman achievement
  • Fixed a bug in the "Play Doctor" Medic achievement
  • Changed the requirements for the "Medals of Honor" Soldier achievement
  • Updated description for the "Blind Fire" Demoman achievement to better explain the requirements
  • Fixed an issue that affected several achievements requiring the use of the Equalizer

Community requests

• Added "skip_next_map" server ConCommand to skip the next map in the map cycle
  • Added "Play a hit sound whenever you injure an enemy" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options menu
  • Added server "tf_use_fixedshotgunspreads" convar. When set, shotgun & scattergun pellet spreads will use a non-random distribution
  • Added a "show_htmlpage" command to allow server operators to display custom web pages to clients

Changes to the TF Bots

• In KOTH mode, Bots are now
    • More likely to roam around and hunt enemies if there is lots of time left
    • Become more likely to push for the point as time runs down, or their teammates start to capture it

[*]Medic bots now

• Opportunistically "overheal" nearby friends when they can
    • Prioritize healing of injured nearby friends more
    • Don't focus on Heavies quite so exclusively
    • Don't spam their Medigun continuously at round start
    • Won't choose cover far below their heal target so much (koth_nucleus)
    • Fight back with their syringe-gun appropriately

[*]Various improvements to combat behaviors

[*]General bot improvements

• They no longer stand still on the point when capturing or defending it
    • They choose more varied routes now
    • They choose better defensive spots around captured points
    • They fall back to another weapon when they entirely run out of ammo
    • They adjust their FOV when using zoomed in sniper scope
    • They treat in-range Sentries as the most dangerous threat
    • They fire their weapons is more realistic bursts
    • Engineers use their shotgun properly

[*]Added a "virtual mousepad" concept to rework how bots track enemy players

• They now periodically estimate the position and velocity of the enemy they are tracking, instead of "locking on"
    • After rotating beyond a maximum angle, they will pause for a fraction of a second to re-center their "virtual mouse"
    • Allows for over/undershoot "slop" in aiming. Looks more natural, and allows skilled players to dodge
    • Addresses the "180 spin around and fire", "Heavy bot is OP", "Sniper is OP", and "I can't fight a Heavy bot as a Scout" issues

[*]Tuned Sniper spot finding algorithm to generate more diverse locations, partially addressing the "Predictable Sniper camping spots" issue

[*]Soldier bots are more careful to not fire rockets that will explode on nearby geometry and kill them

[*]Fixed a bug where bots tried to heal from a Dispenser being carried by an Engineer

[*]Tuned scoreboard logic to guard against malicious server operators spoofing bot pings to hide the "BOT" tag

[*]Added more bot names as suggested by the TF community

*whacks FireSlash*

koth_harvest is not a valid map name, as I was reminded when restarting RED a few minutes ago.

CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/koth_harvest.bsp'

It's koth_harvest_final.

Also, I'm not so happy about the Dead Ringer nerf, but it was kinda necessary. The DR is too cheap when you can uncloak as you grab a full ammo box and then immediately reactivate it (Sorry, Paranoid, but it is).

Also, I'm not so happy about the Dead Ringer nerf, but it was kinda necessary. The DR is too cheap when you can uncloak as you grab a full ammo box and then immediately reactivate it (Sorry, Paranoid, but it is).

But I liked being an annoying bastard with it... :puppyeyes:

I agree that something needed to be done, but this mess of forced drain on decloaking and limiting the effect of ammo reeks of being heavyhanded, taking the easy way out, and generally treating the symptoms and not the cause.

(While I'm thinking about, I may as well throw in a shameless plug for my own thread from forever ago about the DR.)

Secret Agent Man, the former amount was 60%.

EDIT: Valve finally noticed what we've known for ages -- the ragdolls tend to fuck up a lot. (Post #24) Fingers crossed for fix soon?