OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Most of my shotgun experience comes from being a Pyro. Typically in a more open situation, I set people on fire, whip out the shotgun, and go for kills that way. I've cought many people running away that way, so shotguns do have some worth at mid to long range if the enemy is already weak, there's no question of that. One just shouldn't expect to beat a high-health sniper that way.

As for this non-random shotgun spread thing we're talking about, I'm not too keen on it simply because that's not how a shotgun works. The whole concept of a shotgun is that you point it in the direction of somebody you want to hurt and hope that some pellets hit them. The only guarantees come from whether or not the spread is tight, which of course becomes more of an issue at longer ranges. This translates very well to video game balancing and I don't really see any reason to change it.

... though if we were going to, would it mean that the pattern would be exactly the same every time? Or would there still be some degree in randomness where there'd be a few different patterns it would choose between?

play a real class then maybe you can have a legit opinion

... though if we were going to, would it mean that the pattern would be exactly the same every time? Or would there still be some degree in randomness where there'd be a few different patterns it would choose between?

I am pretty sure nonrandom means not random.

There was some confusion about who was adding people to the reserved slots file in the past few weeks. It turns out that none of us were.

Reserved slots requests should be caught up now.

If you asked for a reserved slot and still don't have one, let one of the admins know.

So either I've suddenly begun to suck, lag is affecting me more than I thought, everyone has wised up to my Spy tricks, or I'm simply unlucky. But I haven't been able to do much of anything lately. Even when I switch classes, it's very hit and miss, mostly misses.

I'll cut it short here before I start sounding like a whiny bitch, but FUCK am I frustrated right now.

EDIT: Can anyone suggest a good n00b server for me to trounce? My ego needs some assistance.

So either I've suddenly begun to suck, lag is affecting me more than I thought, everyone has wised up to my Spy tricks, or I'm simply unlucky. But I haven't been able to do much of anything lately. Even when I switch classes, it's very hit and miss, mostly misses.

I'll cut it short here before I start sounding like a whiny bitch, but FUCK am I frustrated right now.

EDIT: Can anyone suggest a good n00b server for me to trounce? My ego needs some assistance.

slumps happen, especially with spy

i suggest going to some 24/7 badwater server and playing spy there.

I was doing really bad after the update, just took some time to get over it.

The best advice I can give you is to spend that respawn timer thinking about WHY you died, and how to avoid that.

Don't think about what killed you, think about how you got into that situation to begin with.

slumps happen, especially with spy

i suggest going to some 24/7 badwater server and playing spy there.

Remind me to add you to my friends list. Especially for knowing Badwater = Spy heaven.

And yeah, Spy is particularly vulnerable to sudden ups and downs, but many of my recent deaths and failures are in situations that I should know how to deal with. (And I'm still adjusting to the new DR, but I'm not going to pin everything on that.)

I was doing really bad after the update, just took some time to get over it.

The best advice I can give you is to spend that respawn timer thinking about WHY you died, and how to avoid that.

Don't think about what killed you, think about how you got into that situation to begin with.

Usually dumb luck, as far as I can tell. And having the misfortune to end up with someone right behind me as soon as I decide the coast is clear.

Although if I was teleporting as badly as people told me, that could have something to do with it.