OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

In that case, I'd have less of a problem with it than I do now. I simply fail to see the point in punishing the player (or more accurately, removing some of their reward) for doing something skillful.

They may actually be 5 points... I'd have to double-check. Right now, I'm apparently locked out of the stats configuration. However, the in-game plugin should tell you when you get kills how much they're worth.

So, I've been eyeing the game Global Agenda which comes out next week.

Some of the stuff in its videos sounds like "What if you took TF2 and put it into a persistent world?"

I'm extremely tempted to buy it. Especially after I noticed the Recon class has Spy-like cloaking.

The only problem is, the part where you can take over areas in game requires a subscription.

er... what's the point of this plugin again?

Effectively, the result of a map (RED or BLU's victory) changes the map, and furthermore decides which map is next. RED and BLU are fighting for control of the world map, giving purpose to the individual matches on each map.

Effectively, the result of a map (RED or BLU's victory) changes the map, and furthermore decides which map is next. RED and BLU are fighting for control of the world map, giving purpose to the individual matches on each map.

Given that on assault cp maps and payload maps, the teams are constantly switching colors, I think this plugin is a bad idea.

More people probably have b2 than b1, so that might be killing the server. I say we try running b2 on there for a little while, and if it keeps killing the server, then cut off.

The differences between 'em aren't too big, other than some revisions on stage 3.

And stage 3 is the problem. Its a onesided clusterfuck if a pyro rushes the cart. Usually you get one, maybe 2 rounds in before everyone ragequits, as seen earlier tonight. Hopefully a new beta might add a little more to it, or the map needs to be taken off rotation. Its a good concept though, and I like it, just not working out.

the map needs to be taken off rotation. Its a good concept though, and I like it, just not working out.

/agree. After one instance of stage 3, I rtv the map.

Speaking of rtv, certain people used nominate and rtv with arena maps to troll the rest of the server tonight (they quit as soon as the arena map actually came up) so arena maps are being removed from the nominate list on BLU. If you really want to play arena, use RED.

arena is great youre just mad powerlord

eulogic and jimmy are still there even

Mad? The server lost 6 people as soon as the map changed (17 to 11), and lost an additional 5 (11 to 6) people during the arena map.

If you like arena so much, why were you one of those that left during the map change? And don't say you didn't, I can see it at the top of the log file:

L 01/24/2010 - 20:15:38: Started map "arena_lumberyard" (CRC "-58566702")

L 01/24/2010 - 20:15:42: "atmuh<1239><STEAM_0:0:16969216><>" disconnected (reason "Disconnect by user.")