OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Panic is a lot of fun, I just wish it didn't look so dreary. It's like a big blob of brown.

I agree with this. And also, why is it that the losing team's cart moves faster than the winning team's on the 3rd stage? There's no incentive to try and win the first two stages then.

It gets slightly annoying with Pyro, since it'll go off for each tick of damage dealt by afterburn, too. Not to mention the fact that fire damages via a stream of particles, so using the flamethrower at all makes your ears bleed.

I tried modifying the pitch/volume with the new commands, but I couldn't figure out the best way to make it noticeable-yet-subtle. Meh.

I have my tf_dingaling_volume set to 0.4 which gives me just enough sound to hear without being painful. This seems to work well enough with headphones. If you find that the pitch is annoying your ears then try lowering these variables.

tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg

tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg

They both start at 100 and lower numbers indicate a lower pitch. What's more, you can set these pitches differently so that you will know when you are doing large amounts of damage as opposed to small amounts of damage.

If that all fails, you could always replace the sound. The Quake 3 hitsound is pretty gentle but still noticeable.

Harvest is a wonderful map. It flows nicely and and has something in it for just about every class.

Arena is great too, but I understand many people feel uncomfortable with it.

If it's one thing that is guaranteed to kill a server, it's constant RTV'ing, but i think you all already know that.

ummm harvest is about as bad as a koth map can get since its so incredibly small no class really has room to do ANYTHING and also since its so small getting across to the other side to spawncamp is ridiculously easy especially since the two exits are side by side

it was really good when it was an 8 player arena map though

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

Added 3 new hats that can be worn by any class.

- "Towering Pillar of Hats"

- "Noble Amassment of Hats"

- "Modest Pile of Hat"

Added Propaganda contest winners' hats for First Place, First Runner-up, and Second Runner-up.

Added "Edit Loadout" button to the class menu.

Changed the main menu background to randomly use the Red, Blue, and Soldier/Demo background images.

Fixed Snipers being able to shoot enemies through gates.

Fixed Linux servers not properly reconnecting to Steam when they lose their connection.

Fixed stickies being destructible before they're stuck to something.

Fixed the return progress bar above a dropped flag not animating if the return time on the flag is less than 30 seconds.

Fixed the CTF HUD not properly handling flags being disabled/enabled during the round.

Fixed player health panels sometimes using the wrong animations for buffed or low health values.

Updated the net_showevents convar to be marked as a cheat.

Updated the main menu news buttons to direct players to the most recent TF2 update and the TF2 blog.

Updated Italian localization strings.

Updated the custom TF2 fonts with Polish characters.

Updated CP_Gorge.

- Added more cover outside of the initial BLU spawn area.

- Added a forward spawn for the BLU team after Cap1 is captured.

- Added another access point to the upper level from the front of the RED base

- Added more cover in the room just before Cap2.

- Decreased RED team's respawn time while they own Cap1.

- Fixed a few areas where players would sometimes become stuck.

Community requests:

Added new options for the Invade CTF game mode flag. Default is 1.

- 0 : No neutral time

- 1 : Flag goes neutral in 30 seconds (current behavior)

- 2 : Flag goes neutral in 1/2 the return time

Added scoring choice for the Invade CTF game mode. Default is 0.

- 0 : Increment score (current behavior)

- 1 : Increment capture count

Added new inputs to item_teamflag

- ForceDrop : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player.

- ForceReset : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player, then reset the flag to its original location.

- SetReturnTime : Set the length of time (in seconds) before a dropped flag returns to base.

Added new output to item_teamflag

- OnTouchSameTeam : Sent when the flag is touched by a player on the same team.

I will be restarting the servers momentarily.

Also, I fixed an issue with the download mirror not working. It should be serving maps correctly now. In particular, this means that plr_panic_b2 will now be served correctly.

ummm harvest is about as bad as a koth map can get since its so incredibly small no class really has room to do ANYTHING and also since its so small getting across to the other side to spawncamp is ridiculously easy especially since the two exits are side by side

it was really good when it was an 8 player arena map though

Spawn camping is an issue on any map, but this one you at least have a window to see what's going on outside. You also can take cover in the house located directly across from your spawn.

In my opinion any more then 18 players is too much, with 12 being that sweet spot. Any more then that and yes, goodness, Harvest just becomes a horrible clustercluck of weapon spam.

I liked it as arena as well, but arena is generally hated by people unfortunately.

Team Fortress 2 has been updated. This update fixes a crash during startup for Linux dedicated servers.

Luckily, our servers weren't affected by this problem (the hlds_linux list got a LOT of traffic with people bitching about servers crashing on startup).

I'm still not sure why the client needed to be updated for this... Probably due to the version number changing.

Edit: Servers are now updated and back online.