OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

most of the admins dont even play the game at all anymore

I've seen 6/8 admins on in the last week.

As a reminder, the admin list is Bahamut, FireSlash, Powerlord, Brushfire, CaptainYahoo, DarkeSword, Garian, and Rambo. You can always see the current list in the MOTD.

The two I didn't see are CaptainYahoo (I don't even know his current nick), and Bahamut.

"seen" are you really saying garian and rambo count?

garian has played once or twice in the last month and rambo has played maybe a couple more times in that span but thats it

you cant seriously count that

an admin needs to be someone that plays consistently

This is mostly @ Rambo:

I don't force scrambles because...

1. I didn't know I could until relatively recently

2. When we're getting rolled, I don't think "stacked teams," I think "stupid teammates." Usually.

3. I'd rather not have to defend my decision to force a scramble in the face of power abuse accusations.

4. RTV tends to cause less of a ruckus anyway.

In unrelated news, 4-Sentry farms are a BITCH to take down. Even with two Ubered Demomen.

I don't think you can force scrambles. You can force a vote.

Stupid team mates = bad players. Almost 100% of the time.

You can't face abuse accusations, because all you're doing is bringing up a democratic vote. I know you have common sense, you aren't going to start a vote when the teams are balanced.

RTV is a poor solution to one team rolling the other, unless people actually want to change maps.

Not knowing is entirely excusable however. But now you know, and knowing....

I haven't been playing obviously, but I've been reading here in the forums from time to time.

I REALLY want to comment on the fact that I've seen Rambo make 2 huge complaints about other people not doing anything about problems, when he himself has the power to do something and did not.

So lolworthy

Also a big LOL at the top scores posted on the TF2 blog.

And a big sad-face to the loss of bacon-legs scout. . .

I haven't been playing obviously, but I've been reading here in the forums from time to time.

I REALLY want to comment on the fact that I've seen Rambo make 2 huge complaints about other people not doing anything about problems, when he himself has the power to do something and did not.

So lolworthy

It was a single complaint. It was brought up several pages later so I elaborated.

Everything I have to say about the matter has been said, so don't expect another response.

Admittedly, I wasn't aware of the voting commands given to reserved slot holders until just a little while ago. When on, I tend to keep an eye on things, although I think I've used the voting commands less than ten times total. I do see that a RTV happens when a scramble is actually desired, and that's disappointing to me (especially when we're on a good map that doesn't get played that often).

I don't think a lot of reserved slot holders know of their capabilities when it comes to voting commands (especially those who have not been involved in these discussions on this thread). My only real take on this is if you notice a server full of reserved slot holders not doing something when they could, just give them a friendly reminder that they have said powers. In the end though, if an admin is on, nothing is happening, and something should be happening, then the admin ought to take action right then and there (not taking a shot at you, Rambo, just saying in the general case).

But I'm only aware of the ability to force votescramble... we have other abilities too?

It looks like Reserved Slots have access to:

Forcing votekick

Forcing voteban

Turning Deadtalk on and off (I'm not sure about this one)

Turning Alltalk on and off (I'm not sure about this one either)

I'm not sure about the latter two, because they are both settings rather than actual Sourcemod commands.

Forcing votekick

Forcing voteban

I'm not sure about the latter two, because they are both settings rather than actual Sourcemod commands.

Perhaps the could be a list of all functions, comparing "votescramble" to "!votescramble", and who has access to what commands?

Because it seems to me, unless I'm mistaken, that "!votescramble" forces a vote, while "votescramble" requires a lot of people to type it in and want it.

Forcing votekick

Forcing voteban

im pretty sure we have access to a ton of other commands that you forgot to block but i forgot what those were and no one knows them anyway

off topic idk why you didnt update to metamod 1.8 and sourcemod 1.3 yet but you should

sm 1.3 has a feature that you can enable that shows how many people have voted for various things in votes like rtv in a hint message box we used to have this like a year ago with beetlesmod and it was nice you should enable that

Perhaps the could be a list of all functions, comparing "votescramble" to "!votescramble", and who has access to what commands?

Because it seems to me, unless I'm mistaken, that "!votescramble" forces a vote, while "votescramble" requires a lot of people to type it in and want it.

Well, when I said you had access to Kick votes and Ban votes, I meant !votekick and !voteban. As far as I know, everyone has access to nominate, rtv, votescramble, votegravity, votekick, and voteban.

im pretty sure we have access to a ton of other commands that you forgot to block but i forgot what those were and no one knows them anyway

Well, I looked up the Admin Commands page and checked them against the flags the Reserved Slots group has, then added in the commands attached to custom flags we added, and subtracted the commands we moved to other flags (like sm_votegravity).

off topic idk why you didnt update to metamod 1.8 and sourcemod 1.3 yet but you should

sm 1.3 has a feature that you can enable that shows how many people have voted for various things in votes like rtv in a hint message box we used to have this like a year ago with beetlesmod and it was nice you should enable that

It's funny that you mentioned this, I suggested to the other admins just yesterday that maybe we should upgrade.

We're probably going to upgrade sometime soon, but we don't want to do it when the server is in active use.

Well, I looked up the Admin Commands page and checked them against the flags the Reserved Slots group has, then added in the commands attached to custom flags we added, and subtracted the commands we moved to other flags (like sm_votegravity).

it more has to do with the plugins you guys have installed

some have some weird commands to do stuff

i used to know basically every command to ever plugin but not having to admin a server in a long time ive basically forgot most of them and man its nice

Same reason every other map that is on the rotation is on the rotation: At least 4 people still enjoy it.

it empties the server and always gets rtvd

good map obviously

also 90% of the recent posts about panic have been to drop it idk what youre reading