OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Would you prefer 3 Snipers? Is there any other way to play Dustbowl?

Actually, yeah. It's easier to dodge 3 bullets than 24 sticky bombs. :P

wait, were they all stickybombsmen? because that'd make just about anyone rage. 3 and 3 sword 'n board/stickybombs mixed wouldn't be nearly as bad

Yes, all Sticky Launchers and Scottish Resistances. No Demoknights.

(Compounding my frustration is that either I or another Medic died with full Uber at least 5 times. And the Ubers we did pull off were mostly ineffective. I think I'll go do something else before I get too much steam.)

Now to the task at hand. You were banned for griefing, and the offense was you placing and then immediatly destroying a sapper. Doing so caused another regular to complain, and as you turn off voice, you did not hear the warning that was given to you by Garian. We have been discussing this and most admins agree that turning off voice is not an excuse. Ignorance of the Law doesn't keep people from trouble. I have my problems with you, but I would personally lift your ban if you would apoligize to Garian.

Seriously, that's all you have to do.

I have said my peace on the matter.

griefing generally is doing something to piss off someone on your own team so doing things to screw with the other team (like going crazy with the dead ringer when it was a joke) is just simply messing with the other team, which is somewhat similar to what i did, but thats besides the point i guess

sure turning off voice may be no excuse but i have said many many MANY times that i have voice off a great deal of the time and many of the admins (including you) take that into consideration when warning my about something that im doing that you dont agree with, and i appreciate that

i DID apologize to garian in irc and basically he turned to the "dont bother playing here because we dont like you" defense which really is what set me off i mean sure there are some people that i have a problem with that play on the ocr server but its not that difficult to just play the game and DEAL WITH IT so id appreciate if the people that dont like me could simply do the same thing

so yes i apologize to whomever i piss off either ingame and in this thread and ill go back to taking the game super seriously and saying basically nothing ingame so as to not potentially piss someone off

griefing generally is doing something to piss off someone on your own team so doing things to screw with the other team (like going crazy with the dead ringer when it was a joke) is just simply messing with the other team, which is somewhat similar to what i did, but thats besides the point i guess

sure turning off voice may be no excuse but i have said many many MANY times that i have voice off a great deal of the time and many of the admins (including you) take that into consideration when warning my about something that im doing that you dont agree with, and i appreciate that

i DID apologize to garian in irc and basically he turned to the "dont bother playing here because we dont like you" defense which really is what set me off i mean sure there are some people that i have a problem with that play on the ocr server but its not that difficult to just play the game and DEAL WITH IT so id appreciate if the people that dont like me could simply do the same thing

so yes i apologize to whomever i piss off either ingame and in this thread and ill go back to taking the game super seriously and saying basically nothing ingame so as to not potentially piss someone off

Again this is the passive aggressive behavior that I mentioned earlier. Now most of our admins do take into account that you play with voice off, but you gotta remember that there are a couple that have much less patience with people, especially one with a rich history as you. I won't say that some of us don't have a bug up our butts about certain members and regulars based on how hey act on the boards and in games. Take A2Z4 for example. Most folks hate him, but I tolerate him because he doesn't mean any harm. He is an idiot sometimes, but he is respectful of the other players and the rules, mostly. Not to point fingers, but you have a less than stellar way of dealing with people and what not. You will argue with everyone given the chance, and then will try to play innocent if someone levis some kind of punishment. I will be the first to admit that I have handed punishments that don't fit the crime against players and even you, but the fact of the matter is that perception of an individual is quite influencial when justice is supposed to be blind.

yeah i cant stand a2z4 but i also agree that theres no reason that he should be banned, because banning someone just because people dont like them (even if EVERYONE doesnt like them) is just silly

and yes i like to argue

its interesting because i absolutely hate arguing in real life but i always enjoy a good internet argument

i guess its how i get all my aggressions out or something as i am also not aggressive at all usually

i was able to cool it for a while but its hard because i enjoy arguing on the internet so much!

Jesus Christ, atmuh, just leave already. Admins, I support you 100% for banning him permanently. I rarely even play on the OCR server, but just trying to follow the thread here is annoying as hell thanks to the constant stream of atmuh whining about whatever has most recently caught his fancy. Maybe now that he's off the OCR server he'll stop posting entirely here, too... that'd be nice.

insincere apologies and passive-aggressive bully tactics are no match for a banhammer at your side. so what that it isn't fair that some admins don't like you and keep banning you, my patience has worn thin enough and i'm willing to take the word of anyone else over yours because you've been given far too many "last chances." the reason you were banned is because you were deliberately spamming the place sapper and destroy sapper commands and i received multiple complaints about it, in fact many people assumed you were using a script knowing it would be more than merely annoying such as standard sapper spam. as for the ban being permanent, i feel that people let you off the hook too easily and that it's far more constructive for you to appeal each time considering your history.

edit: thank you mrs. bark, i love you so much for letting me get first post on this page :)

Once again my brain has been hijacked, and refuses to sleep. I would like to share why. It probably won't make sense unless you were in-game during the relevant conversation.

drmrsbarkthemusical.jpg

drmrsbarksoundtrack.jpg

I apologize for interrupting the conversation in progress with my nonsense!

Fantastic, though the moratorium on that joke is still in effect when I am present. >:|

insincere apologies and passive-aggressive bully tactics are no match for a banhammer at your side. so what that it isn't fair that some admins don't like you and keep banning you, my patience has worn thin enough and i'm willing to take the word of anyone else over yours because you've been given far too many "last chances." the reason you were banned is because you were deliberately spamming the place sapper and destroy sapper commands and i received multiple complaints about it, in fact many people assumed you were using a script knowing it would be more than merely annoying such as standard sapper spam. as for the ban being permanent, i feel that people let you off the hook too easily and that it's far more constructive for you to appeal each time considering your history.

edit: thank you mrs. bark, i love you so much for letting me get first post on this page :)

how has your patience been worn thin i havent played with you in months

and what would be the difference if i was using a script or not

theres nothing banworthy about scripts

Hoo boy, I haven't posted in awhile :o

As it is, Atmuh, what you were doing was griefing. It was complained about, and an admin dealt with it. This isn't a democratic whatchamacallit, so I could theoretically get on the OCR server one day, say "hi" in chat, and get banned. The admins have full reign over what they do on their server.

Compound the fact that you were griefing with the fact that you have a history of doing this, (and lying about it. "I haven't !votebanned in ages" then a few posts later "ok so I did it 5 days ago), means that the admins, when they're faced with you causing issues again, are going to be far less lenient about it. Do you have to like it? No. It's their rules. And I can't suggest enough that if you don't like it, don't play here.

I haven't been here long enough to know your entire history (only the snippets I've heard about), but from what I've seen of your mannerisms here on the forums, I entirely believe you've been a pain in the past and that the admins are finally just done giving you chances.

Also I totally need to play tf2 more, but every time I get on, Miyako is playing demoman and makes me hate the game with how good he is compared to me. /shakefist.