OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Why fraps? The video quality is great until Windows Movie Maker has its way with it. I might look at other programs, maybe.

Or were you referring to something other than video quality?

well it looks like youre recording with dx8 and the textures on low

also yeah use sony vegas

Understandable, but I prefer to show how I actually play. That works well for most of my videos but with a new frag video I should turn the production values up a notch...

I might see if I can't change the HUD a bit. A few things like the lime green crosshair and such could go during recording demos. I'll look around and maybe will use a prettier minimalist HUD for recording videos. I'd appreciate more people telling me what they would like best.

Understandable, but I prefer to show how I actually play. That works well for most of my videos but with a new frag video I should turn the production values up a notch...

I might see if I can't change the HUD a bit. A few things like the lime green crosshair and such could go during recording demos. I'll look around and maybe will use a prettier minimalist HUD for recording videos. I'd appreciate more people telling me what they would like best.

yeah as paranoid said just turn on the minimal hud

its how i play the game normally actually even though i used to have one of those fancier huds (that i made myself because i hate all the ones people have posted for various reasons) but it got deleted during an update and i didnt back it up and didnt care enough to do it again

if you wanna get 1920x1080 (since youtube does 1080p now) all settings max captures just send me your demos and ill do em for you

Well, it's either that or the command that gives you a bunch of .tga files and a .wav that you need to make into a .avi yourself, which a) requires extra software and B) eats up a FUCKTON of memory. So I'd rather not go down that route if I can help it.

ill capture your stuff if you want

WOO HOO!!

Also atmuh, I am looking to get a new TF2 hud, and was wodering if you know of a repository of huds somewhere on the internet, that isn't FPSbanana. FPSB kinda blows in that respect.

by huds what do you mean

if you mean like the fancy PRO style im not sure if you mean replacements for the characters theres http://mods.fightingamphibians.org/ (use mine)

and turbine is the best ctf map

ctf_well is one of the maps I like to play every once in a long while but is never rtv'd to, along with cp_egypt, plr_pipeline, koth_nucleus, and some variety of sawmill. I don't think ctf_well should be on rotation but I'll never get to play it otherwise.

But we're attempting to appeal to the majority, aren't we? So the most agreeable maps go in rotation and if the majority decide they want to play a map that's not on rotation we rtv for it. That's the fair way to do it.

ill capture your stuff if you want

Tempting, but I like the process I have for recording my own videos right now. But maybe I'll change my mind before it's all over, which won't be too soon.