OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

ctf_well is one of the maps I like to play every once in a long while but is never rtv'd to, along with cp_egypt, plr_pipeline, koth_nucleus, and some variety of sawmill. I don't think ctf_well should be on rotation but I'll never get to play it otherwise.

But we're attempting to appeal to the majority, aren't we? So the most agreeable maps go in rotation and if the majority decide they want to play a map that's not on rotation we rtv for it. That's the fair way to do it.

Yes, I agree with this; egypt, pipeline and nucleus have the potential to be fun if not played too often, but too bad the majority only wants to play dustbowl or badwater. Is there anyway to remove dustbowl and/or badwater from the rtv list so it's only playable in rotation?

Is there anyway to remove dustbowl and/or badwater from the rtv list so it's only playable in rotation?

Now, if you said dustbowl, goldrush, and 2fort, I'd agree.

egypt is a good map

Egypt has way too many height-based areas in a game that really isn't built balanced for it. Egypt Part 1, Point B is by far the worst capture point I've ever seen in a map shipped with the game*. Incidentally, this is also the issue between points A and B on frontier.

tl;dr egypt is the cp version of hoodoo.

*Ignoring arena and payload maps.

Now, if you said dustbowl, goldrush, and 2fort, I'd agree.

Egypt has way too many height-based areas in a game that really isn't built balanced for it. Egypt Part 1, Point B is by far the worst capture point I've ever seen in a map shipped with the game*. Incidentally, this is also the issue between points A and B on frontier.

tl;dr egypt is the cp version of hoodoo.

*Ignoring arena and payload maps.

TBH, I haven't played goldrush in the longest time, so I kind of miss it. And 2fort is a given, so don't think I actually enjoy playing that map.

Egypt 1-2 is probably the only reason I don't always nominate the map. It's usually just a clusterfuck of sentries, snipers and demospam for RED and BLU never has a proper approach to take everything down.

I officially have a vendetta against Ubel and his Level 1 Sentries that my team is incapable of taking out.

That is all.

</bitter>

It didn't help that our team had 3 Soldiers patrolling the point and roof with a Scout doing rounds and hunting down Spies.

Someone was complaining about how often we play Gravelpit so I thought I bring this map to attention since there has also been talk about map rotations.

It's a new map called Takeback Moutain. It plays like Gravelpit, attack A and B then attack C. They released the final version just yesterday. If we were looking to add a new custom to the rotation this might be worth a look.

I did a quick run through of the map.

• It has large open spaces similar to Gravelpit
  • It has several places offering height advantage
  • It has several places for Spies to take cover and de-cloak
  • There are multiple ways to assault each point.

Thread detailing the map.

Walkthroughs:

Download.

Server running the map 24/7:

southside.zapto.org

(Warning: Austrailia)

Woo, global award for Pumpkin bombs. I love them Pumpkin bombs.

Is Junction a good map? I only hear bad things and whenever I play there (I think I've played there 3 times) I get lost real bad. Then again, Steel used to lose me something fierce and that map isn't that bad.

Junction's biggest problem is that it's too damn small. It has gorgeous detailing though.

*snip*

FWIW, I love Gravelpit. I like my Cloak & Dagger camping spot on RED. But this seems interesting.

Also nice quad post.

Woo, global award for Pumpkin bombs. I love them Pumpkin bombs.

Is Junction a good map? I only hear bad things and whenever I play there (I think I've played there 3 times) I get lost real bad. Then again, Steel used to lose me something fierce and that map isn't that bad.

Like was already mentioned, Junction is just too small.

It also has some odd bugs, like how BLU can still cap A despite RED also being on the point (this doesn't happen with B or C on the same map).

Someone was complaining about how often we play Gravelpit

Really? I remember complaints about Dustbowl; Badwater; Gold Rush; and Steel, but not about Gravelpit.

Also, iirc too many customs was why cp_furnace got yanked from rotation, and it's also a 3-point Gravelpit style map.

Also, I think Brushfire is right that the stats that awards are based on got reset at some point.

The global award numbers are all messed up now, too.

Either that or the globals are now affected by the 28 day thing like old weapon data are, which doesn't make sense for global awards.

Edit: As a reminder, stats and ban info is on the OCRTF2 site.

Really? I remember complaints about Dustbowl; Badwater; Gold Rush; and Steel, but not about Gravelpit.

Someone -- can't remember who -- said something to that effect yesterday. It came across as more of a complaint about their team, though.

Also, I think Brushfire is right that the stats that awards are based on got reset at some point.

The global award numbers are all messed up now, too.

Either that or the globals are now affected by the 28 day thing like old weapon data are, which doesn't make sense for global awards.

Edit: As a reminder, stats and ban info is on the OCRTF2 site.

True. I used to have several thousand backstabs; now it's only a few hundred. Our total points, ribbons, and those rankings you get for total kills didn't get reset, but action counters and weapon kills were. It's weird.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if this happened with the update that prettified the new Soldier/Demo weapons and stats.