OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Just trying to drum up some competition for Back Burner awards man.

But Frogg is at 50000 or so, and a reset wouldn't kill everything.

Sorry how that came off. I meant it as a joke. But I think you will be hard pressed to find competition for the Back Burner award. The only two people that I have seen using the Back Burner in the past week are Firered and Gamemaster.

OH HEY DOUBLE POST!!

Since atmuh isn't around in chat, lemme answer this for him here.

<atmuh> Joining Frogg's team and pocketing him instead even when you first joined and the team was rolling.

<atmuh> That is teamstacking.

<atmuh> The only reason people don't complain about it is because you don't have matching tags.

<atmuh> But clanstacking isn't whats against the rules, it's general teamstacking

<atmuh> The fact that you even ask "how" is rather comical in of itself.

So, opening a soda, and joining Red team, having no prior knowledge of who was winning, losing, or whatever counts as teamstacking eh?

Maybe in crazy atmuh world where everyone is out to get atmuh for being a douche.

Also, there was a scramble right after, and I got moved to your team among things.

Yeah, total teamstack there, as you go to OCR, and so do I.

If anything you were breaking the rules too. So we should both be banned, because that is the stupid ass logic you use to try to win arguments.

How did you do that? I recall that telefragging doesn't work on an Ubered person. The two just become stuck inside one another.

Wasn't that fixed a while back?

Also, the stats listed on the global stats may be a bug, showing the wrong number. I'll take a closer look at it later.

I'm not opposed to a stat reset.

On a similar note, due to the new stat tracking. Airshot Rocket, Airshot Headshot, Mini-Round Win, should get extra points.

Airshot Rockets - This stat is clearly bugged; it's counting all rocket shots as airshots.

Airshot Headshots - Headshots are already awarded extra points.

Mini Round Win - Isn't a player event, so it awards team points instead.

For some reason, everyone on my friends' list has been wiped, and I'm not seeing a Steam announcement about it either. Anyone else have this issue?

its happened to a lot of people

and i KNOW ive gotten a few airshot headshots but i dont think they counted

also a stat reset sounds nice

When we get the stat reset, lets get rid of that crit kill negative thingy.

/notatallselfserving

Kills award between 2 and 25 points depending on the skill difference between the players (and subtract half that score from the person killed iirc). Losing 1 point isn't a lot.

Edit: This is before the weapon modifier. For instance, most Melee weapons award 2x the score, the Sandman is 1.75x, a baseball kill is 2.5x, Taunt kills are based on the number of seconds they take (3x-5x), Deflected weapons are 2x, except Deflected Flaregun which is 20x.

Strangely, there is no deflected baseball stat... can you not deflect those?

Edit: This is before the weapon modifier. For instance, most Melee weapons award 2x the score, the Sandman is 1.5x, a baseball kill is 2.5x, Taunt kills are based on the number of seconds they take (3x-5x), Deflected weapons are 2x, except Deflected Flaregun which is 20x.

Strangely, there is no deflected baseball stat... can you not deflect those?

you cant reflect flares anymore fyi

and yes you can reflect baseballs

i like the -1 for crit kills for everything but headshots so imo add 1 extra point awarded for headshots and leave it as is

i guess the same could work for backstabs

you cant reflect flares anymore fyi

and yes you can reflect baseballs

i like the -1 for crit kills for everything but headshots so imo add 1 extra point awarded for headshots and leave it as is

i guess the same could work for backstabs

Headshots and backstabs currently award 2 extra points, but I'm not sure if the stats code takes into account that 1 would be subtracted for the crit kill or not.

Also, this is a comment about the beta version of Superlogs 2.0, fixed from 1.4.5 (the version we use):

FIXED airshot_rocket/airshot_headshot should no longer trigger on swimmers.

Which means airshots are bugged in the current version, which explains why the rocket launcher ones are so high.

Headshots currently award 2 points, but I'm not sure if the stats code takes into account that 1 would be subtracted for the crit kill or not.

they award 2 points but 1 is subtracted so they only award 1

itd be much nicer if they awarded 2 as they actually require skill to accomplish

are there any posts that you dont edit powerlord??????

well there goes that about flares

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine

-Fixed servers being inappropriately delisted from the master server

Team Fortress 2

Updated CTF_Doublecross

-Improved clipping to prevent players from getting to unintended places

Updated CTF_2Fort

-Fixed Blue players being able to block the Blue spawn room doors to lock in teammates

-Moved the Blue team Sniper wall down to match the Red team Sniper wall

-Updated Russian localization strings

-Fixed the Pyro not being able to deflect enemy flares

-Fixed pipebombs not being removed if they explode in a func_nogrenades zone

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released.

Yeah, and now the Steam servers are screwed up. I can't tell if someone already updated our server, but when I took down RED to update one of them, I got this on startup:

No installation record found at ../orangebox

However, it did eventually pick up which directory the game was in.

Edit: Also, my friends list is now empty following the latest Steam client update.

Edit 2: Both RED and BLU are now back up with the updated files.

Edit 3: "We are aware of an issue that is causing friends not to show up in the friends list. We are working on a fix and hope to have it released soon. Please do not create Support Tickets for this issue." -- Steam Support

For some reason, everyone on my friends' list has been wiped, and I'm not seeing a Steam announcement about it either. Anyone else have this issue?

Whoo stat reset! ... plus I've been sucking recently, so I'm not opposed to it.

The very same thing happened to Crowbar Man.

Wasn't that fixed a while back?

I wonder...

Also, didn't we have a stat reset just a little bit ago? I had assumed that this: http://www.ocrtf2.com/stats/hlstats.php?game=tf was the new stats page to replace this http://ocremix.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php

I have no preference either way, a stat reset sounds swell.

Now I just wish more lads and lasses would be on the server earlier in the day.

thanks for the quick fix valve

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine

-Fixed servers with bots reporting incorrect player numbers

Team Fortress 2

-Fixed pipebombs not colliding correctly with players

thanks for the quick fix valve

Engine

-Fixed servers with bots reporting incorrect player numbers

Team Fortress 2

-Fixed pipebombs not colliding correctly with players

I both left work late and roads are pretty bad right now, so I'm just getting around to updating the servers now.

Edit: Both servers are updated and restarted.

Not sure why BLU hadn't updated earlier, as the master server usually sends a restart required message, but RED hadn't been updated yet and it uses the same files...