OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Atmuh, you're forgetting I play Spy. I'm already used to my melee not critting and dying when the wind blows the wrong way. Besides, I thought the Blutsauger proved that "No critical hits" is pretty much worthless as a tradeoff? (Granted, melee crit rate > normal crit rate, but still.)

Hell, with the Ambassador, I NEVER get random crits as Spy.

So, was Valve's blog post about the (cut) Engineer Repair Node mentioned yet?

That was a good read. A lot more insight into Valve's process than usual.

If they do offer unlockable buildings, I hope they come as a set in a different PDA. The mixing and matching discussed in the post seems entirely too troublesome.

Atmuh, you're forgetting I play Spy. I'm already used to my melee not critting and dying when the wind blows the wrong way. Besides, I thought the Blutsauger proved that "No critical hits" is pretty much worthless as a tradeoff? (Granted, melee crit rate > normal crit rate, but still.)

Hell, with the Ambassador, I NEVER get random crits as Spy.

the blut was different because the lack of crits was replaced with an overwhelming benefit

in the case of the eyelander youre getting no crits and a huge downgrade

with the blut you only wanted to hit the enemy a few times as you were escaping not kill him because thatd still heal you

in the case of the eyelander to get the bonus you need to nail a killing blow with it which is rather difficult when it only does around 50-60 or whatever the damage is

still the nocrits so its balanced thing is pretty annoying especially since i spend the vast majority of my pubbing on a server with crits off

without crits the eyelander is definitely more inviting but i still dont like getting killed by snipers super easy

and yes melee crits are a lot more powerful than regular crits

oh and now i remember why i prefer regular harvest over harvest event (even though i really hate them both)

my framerate on final is 60 and event is 10

So, I heard rumors that the Valve master servers were just restarted after being updated, and removed/readded the master servers to our game servers.

SUPPOSEDLY, this will fix the Linux servers constantly being disconnected and delisted from the masters.

Observations from tonight:

• I take my Spying seriously.
  • I get angry with myself when I fail repeatedly for several lives in a row. Very angry.
  • Nothing is better for curing this anger than landing some sweet headshots with the Ambassador.

Also apologies to atmuh, who I told to "kindly stfu" if memory serves, but I was a bit testy at the time, for the above reasons.