OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I was surprised I still had a reserved slot for so long.

Also, I am a broke college student without a job, so until this summer (when maybe I will get a job), I can't really be handing out money like I used to.

I'll be honest... I don't think Baha ever removed anyone after they were added to the Reserved Slot list.

I wasn't sure if the server was updated last night, so I told it to update now. I think it was updated last night, though.

P.S. Have all CTF maps been removed from the map cycle? The HLStatsX Flags Captured & Flags Defended awards weren't awarded to anyone yesterday...

Just to repost in case anyone missed this

So I'm thinking that ditching an OCR only night and just maintaining a custom night or two a week, or maybe having one custom night and one special rotation night, is the way to go. Thoughts?

Also I've come to the decision to make reserved slots free for anyone who's a regular and requests one from me. Donations are optional, but it'd be great if people want to make them to me - the server costs ~$25/month to run, hlstatsx included...which reminds me of something else, there was a little interest in having the stats reset again at some point soon. What are the thoughts on that?

And so, Wednesday seems like a great day for custom night at the very least. Here's my proposed rotation for the day:

cp_piratelife_b3

ctf_2fort_night2_b2

pl_swift_final

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

ctf_highlands_b2

Arena_Greek_v1

pl_waste_b4

cp_pacman_wtf_normal

cp_resonance_b8

ctf_staging_A11

arena_dailydozen_a2

pl_jungle_a1c

cp_smbcastle2

cp_generator_b2

dm_quake_castle_b2

pl_terran_b1

cp_rivers_edge_b5

tc_meridian_b5

cp_devilsbrew_final

pl_woodland_b4

cp_yukon_rc

pl_cashworks_b3a

cp_aqua

pl_zig_b8

cp_ironbowl_b8

arena_storm_b1c

cp_blackmesa

Also remember to download the maps ahead of time if possible - it will save you downloading headaches when the map switches, and it will help other people out who haven't downloaded them.

Here are some of my thoughts on some of the maps we played.

cp_roundhouse_1_2d - I feel like it's too easy to defend on that map...the rape poured freely when we were attacking :sad: .

ctf_highlands_b2 - a bit smallish, excepting the expansive middle area...not so much a fan of it.

Arena_Greek_v1 - could be interesting with a bunch of people, seems alright for an arena map.

pl_waste_b4 - seems alright, it'd be nice to get a game with a good deal of people on that map though (two way pl map).

cp_resonance_b8 - I like it a lot; it seems to offer a good deal for every class and would be a solid map to play.

ctf_staging_A11 - I liked it the first time we played it, and the second time was just as good to me. I altered the map cfg file for this to end after 2 rounds, which I think is wise because of the brokenness in overtime.

arena_dailydozen_a2 - pretty fast-paced arena map, nice map.

pl_jungle_a1c - pretty killer on the resources...but has the potential to become a solid map. Supposedly there are going to be 3 stages, so the version we played was far from complete.

cp_smbcastle2 - not a fan of it, plain and simple.

dm_quake_castle_b2 - kind of a silly map, perhaps I'll alter the cfg for it to be 5 minutes.

pl_terran_b1 - pretty huge amount of walking. Seems too easy to attack, excepting the last point, and has a few glitches like Red team not being able to get out as soon as setup starts.

tc_meridian_b5 - another map that could be interesting with a good deal of people, it's somewhat reminiscent of hydro, but it is different in a bunch of ways.

pl_woodland_b4 - thought it was a nice map, but a bit easy for defenders IMO

cp_generator_b2 - thought it was a solid map, although there seemed to be some mixed reviews on that one.

Looks like the we are gonna have to change our name to Overclocked Frog.

That would rule.

10 - 14 days until they are shipped to me.

Current list of TUOUCOCRTF2P4JSTP Recipients:

EdgeCrusher

Zephyr

Bahamut (At least I think he said he wanted one)

Duckyboycantfly

Atmuh - Doesn't want one, but I think it would piss him off more to get one.

Bleck

!!

Dshu

Garian

SirChadly

Triad Orion

Sensai

SecretAgentMan

Meeting_Gman

Powerlord

Zircon

Le Optik.

Ultimasta

Tom

Depo 007

Vivi22

I REALLY didn't like generator. The spawns were wayy too accessible to the enemy and extremely far from the final cap. I do like the majority of the map layout, I just think that the spawn should be directly beside the final cap like in Well/Fastlane, or near enough to it that it's possible to stop MOST caps, as in Badlands and Granary.

I did like Woodland, it was pretty solid although I had some issue on the second map where blue had a route to flank red that red basically had very little to counter with short of stacking a pyro AND sentry underneath that window, firing at all times-- which takes away from the number of players able to stop the cart as well as being monumentally boring for the guy who's on window duty.

I didn't really get to see any other maps, except for the quake map which was kinda silly, and spawning inside an enemy to get backstabbed SUCKS.