OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

If you have Norton Internet Security, uninstall it. Its a piece of shit anyway, but it wouldn't let Firefox or Steam work at all on my cousins new laptop and the only way we could get it to let them through was uninstall it.

Yes, I can navigate the shop.

And in servers, I see none. There is OCR server in favorites, but it is marked as 0 players and 2000 latency. It says it doesn't respond.

Refresh your favorites. It shows up like that for me as well.

Bah, I'm too tired to implement it tonight...maybe tomorrow night.

Also, I did not see a lot of those options on 1.fm Zephyr - that site seems to have a very ugly design though.

I didn't even bother looking on 1.fm to see how it was, I'm not really interested in that half of the music, but I figured some other people would, I'm more interested in the dj.fm half. I checked out dj.fm and that one works fine for me.

Warning: Really long post

Controls:

In addition to the normal WASD layout:

, to change class

. to change team

E calls for a Medic

R reloads

Q switches between your current and previous weapons

Z, X, and C opens voice command menus

V (hold) to voice chat

l to drop briefcase in CTF maps

g to taunt (each weapon has a different taunt, except for the Spy's Sapper... the Spy Disguise kit has one instead)

m to edit your character's weapons if you've unlocked any Medic or Pyro weapons through achievements

TAB to check scores... also lists what classes your teammates are using and whether or not they're dead. Also lists who you're dominating or who is your nemesis (i.e. is dominating you)

SPACE to jump

CTRL to crouch

Y to text chat

U to team text chat

B (Spy only) to switch to your last used disguise

Oh yeah, quick overview of the classes:

Scout

Advantages

2x Speed

2x Capture speed

Double Jump

Disadvantages

Low-clip primary weapon

Primary weapon loses power at a distance

Soldier

Advantages

Primary weapon does lots of damage

Primary weapon does splash damage

Primary weapon can be used to rocket jump to areas you (and any other class) can't otherwise reach

Disadvantages

.75x Speed

Low-clip primary weapon

Easily dodged primary weapon

Can kill self with rocket splash damage

Pyro

Advantages

Primary weapon sets enemies on fire, causing another 50-100 damage

Resistant to fire

Can reflect rockets with air blast

Disadvantages

Primary weapon is only primary short-range

Primary weapon doesn't work underwater

Secondary (long range) weapon kinda sucks

Demoman

Advantages

Primary and secondary weapons are strong

Secondary weapon (Sticky Bomb) can have 8 on the map; they explode when you right-click. These go away when you die

Secondary weapon can let you bomb jump to areas you normally can't reach

Disadvantages

Primary and secondary weapons are slow.

Primary weapon is hard to aim

Bomb jump is not as powerful as rocket jump

Heavy

Advantages

Has lots of hit points

Disadvantages

.75x speed

.25x speed when primary weapon is firing.

Primary weapon takes time to spin up (hold right mouse button to keep barrel spinning)

Engineer

Advantages

Can build a sentry gun, dispenser (dispenses ammo/metal and heals nearby allies), and teleport entrance/exit

Can upgrade sentry guns twice for 200 metal each time, spent in increments of 25 or less; it takes at least 8 wrench hits to upgrade a sentry gun.

Hitting engineer structures with your wrench will repair them if you have metal. This also applies to upgrading and reloading sentry guns

Disadvantages

Relatively weak offensive power.

Spies can sap your buildings. A sapped building immediately stops working and starts taking damage. Two wrench hits will destroy a sapper.

Medic

Advantages

Secondary weapon can heal other players

When secondary weapon is charged, right-click to unleash a special effect: ubercharge (the default) causes you and the person you're healing to go invincible for 10 seconds.

Disadvantages

Relatively weak offensive power.

Relatively low health.

Sniper

Advantages

Primary weapon has a zoom. While zoomed in, a power meter appears. If you shoot someone in the head while this meter is full, it's always an instant kill.

Primary weapon does a lot of damage while zoomed in, even if you haven't let the power level charge.

Can take out engineer buildings at a distance, although it may take a few shots.

Secondary weapon is a fast firing weapon, possibly the best secondary weapon in the game other than the Medic's medigun.

Disadvantages

You move slower while zoomed in. This makes you easy to kill.

Spy

Advantages

Can disguise as enemy.

Can cloak for 10 seconds or so.

While visible, can sap enemy engineer structures. These structures immediately stop working and start taking damage. You stay disguised after placing sappers.

Your tertiary weapon (Butterfly Knife) is an instant kill if done from behind or at the sides.

Can call for enemy medics.

Disadvantages

Running into enemy players while cloaked with make you visible for a second.

Getting shot while cloaked makes you visible for a second.

Running into enemies while disguised will stop movement for both of you.

If you are hit with a pyro flamethrower, the flames will show up even if you cloak.

Cannot use weapons until you completely decloak.

Using a weapon other than the Sapper will remove your disguise.

So...I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to Rambo's last night (I think it was yesterday, but if it's today, I'm still SOL). Sorry mate. When are you getting back or whatever's causing you to not play?

Also: I'll be glad for the new blood. It's always fun to watch somebody grow from not-too-great at a game to wow-he-kicks-ass.

I'm about to stab someone.

I've downloaded all kinds of updates, opened ports through Windows FireWall, uninstalled just about everything, and called my ISP in case they were blocking the connections, thing they aren't doing, and I still can't connect.

So...I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to Rambo's last night (I think it was yesterday, but if it's today, I'm still SOL). Sorry mate. When are you getting back or whatever's causing you to not play?

Also: I'll be glad for the new blood. It's always fun to watch somebody grow from not-too-great at a game to wow-he-kicks-ass.

yeeeah my last night was last night. :| I was a sad panda that you didn't come online. I bottled vahn paktu like... 5 times and it was satisfying. lol

I'm not playing because I jokingly made my mother a deal that if she quit smoking, I'd quit TF2. To my utter disbelief she actually took me up on it. And I think it would be exceedingly selfish for me to call it off given the good it would yield. Guuuuh.

I made sure to cram as much as i could in the last 2 weeks given that... and totaled 82 hours of gameplay. :shock:

Now start my withdrawals.

Ah, that would explain a lot. That's very upstanding of you to keep your word like that, Rambo.

Well, if for whatever reason you do manage to get back to TF2 sometime let us all know. I wouldn't mind playing with you again sometime, even if you do always kick my ass. XD

Secondary weapon is a fast firing weapon, possibly the best secondary weapon in the game other than the Medic's medigun.

haha what, its godawful

The machine gun fires fast, but it has such a huge spread and does so little damage that its better to just use a kukri

haha what, its godawful

The machine gun fires fast, but it has such a huge spread and does so little damage that its better to just use a kukri

Seconded. The SMG is a miserable secondary weapon and it fails at dishing out any stopping power. Yeah, it shoots fast, but when each bullet deals like 8 damage? Effef's advice is spot on. Opt for the kukri if you can or better yet? Run away. Snipers suck in any sort of direct combat and you don't have the health to risk it most of the time.

Truthfully? The Shotgun that most of the classes carry as their secondary weapon is a far more reliable close-range alternative than the SMG. It carries reasonable stopping power over short to medium range and it's the Pyro's only real method of dishing hurt from a distance. (Flare gun notwithstanding.)

Thirded about the sniper's secondary being shyte.

And good for you Rambo. Truly remarkable, and most commendable.

@ Choccy: Did you get it working? You figure out how to play with us?

And I'm back! Meaning, I'll probably play tonight!