OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

We had a pair of guys who pretty much emptied the server (right before the restart) because they were blocking one of Red's spawn in 2fort and making all red players unable to open the doors.

We finally got a votekick going around, and we managed to kick one of them...who immediately joined again. They both stayed, and came back AFTER the server restarted...and left when there were only 3 people left.

If someone else can program it and set up the page, then sure.

Well, I'm not sure how you set up the server stuff, how did you get the whole "Welcome to OCR...No sticky camping...etc." page up? Is there just a text box to write in? did you have to make an html page? I can code basic html and have embedded media players before, but I'm sure someone else would be more capable, we do have website designers around here don't we?

Well, I'm not sure how you set up the server stuff, how did you get the whole "Welcome to OCR...No sticky camping...etc." page up? Is there just a text box to write in? did you have to make an html page? I can code basic html and have embedded media players before, but I'm sure someone else would be more capable, we do have website designers around here don't we?
That particular page you're asking about is just motd.txt on the server.

As strange as it sounds, motd.txt can be an HTML document.

We had a pair of guys who pretty much emptied the server (right before the restart) because they were blocking one of Red's spawn in 2fort and making all red players unable to open the doors.

We finally got a votekick going around, and we managed to kick one of them...who immediately joined again. They both stayed, and came back AFTER the server restarted...and left when there were only 3 people left.

I was wondering why there was nobody on last night.

I think I found a better sniper than presh though. And, according to him, he was drunk too. Guy was fucking ridiculous.

I really don't like Badlands all that much. :-/ I'm not sure what it is ('cause I used to at least a little) but I just can't stand it anymore...

@ Atmuh: Sorry if I offended you mate...really didn't mean to if I did.

Ok, I'll add voteban to reserved slot holders.

Any clue what their nicks were like?

DOOR GUARD 1 & 2.

One was just talking normally (besides locking RED in) and the other one kept text-spamming "I DETECT LULZ!"

Casting my vote for giving dustbowl equal time with the other maps, instead of every other map change being fucking dustbowl.

Yes, yes...the plan's all coming together now!!

But seriously, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticing this. I understand people love Dustbowl (I used to love it as much if not more than a lot of people), but it's a little ridiculous.

:-D

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=25

^Look what I found. That should explain how to do it right? I don't know how to use mani. It seems from that explanation however that it would just cause you to like to a radio station right after typing it, without the big list, but according to that theory, if we made one of those motd.txt documents that was just a list of links to the feeds, then it would probably work right?

I really don't like Badlands all that much. :-/ I'm not sure what it is ('cause I used to at least a little) but I just can't stand it anymore...

@ Atmuh: Sorry if I offended you mate...really didn't mean to if I did.

no i just dont like you

So I'm planning on buying TF2 soon but I'd like to know if there are any bots for this game. I hate practicing online.

As far as I know, no.

However, you can always hop on an achievement server for practice... they tend to be lower-player servers for grinding achievements... mainly Pyro achievements right now.

Speaking of which, Pyro recently became my least played class after I played Demoman for a bit the other day. :o

I would just start an empty server to get the hang of the classes and some maps, then hop on the OCR server when there's like 4 or so people and mess around with them.

Also I don't mind dustbowl being in the rotation 3 times. I feel safe on that map...

I haven't seen the OCR server down to less than 6 people in days.

All-talk+ OCR regulars+ Well_B4+ Melee only= massive fun.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't care for Alltalk... it makes it so you can't discuss strategy via voice.

Not that we do all that often, but sometimes we do.

Also... Well_B4? I don't remember that one. Is it based on ctf_well or cp_well?