OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Because hackers don't deserve the honor:

yeah except that was done by voogru or whatever his name is who is a gigantic faggot who thinks he's high and mighty about every piece of code he writes and doesnt hand crap out to anyone so screw him hes an idiot

Dropping the Scoot's HP to make up for it could be a problem, though.

However, Scoots die in nearly one hit anyway (almost instantly from fire), so maybe it'll work out anyway.

thats not gonna be the only change

see that doesnt balance the sandman at all, because it still has the same problem

in the hands of competence it is simply way too good

the tweaks to the stun itself are what will balance it

I'd go with Pyros that don't spycheck, as Pyros putting out people is fairly new to the game (it arrived in Sniper/Spy update) and only works with one of the two flamethrowers.

Whereas every Pyro should have been spy checking since the game came out.

durrr you pyros should be sitting in the back spychecking everyone

WRONG

pyros are an OFFENSE CLASS for a reason

how about you guys just turn around every once in a while

durrr you pyros should be sitting in the back spychecking everyone

WRONG

yeah you have to be in the back to spycheck people because obviously everyone on your team is busy defending it's not like he meant just spychecking other teammates you see whilst on the front lines or anything

yeah you have to be in the back to spycheck people because obviously everyone on your team is busy defending it's not like he meant just spychecking other teammates you see whilst on the front lines or anything

most of the people that whine about pyros not spychecking are brainless engineers that sit holding m1 as they whack their sentries forever or heavies that never look behind them

defensive classes

okay so either I can look behind myself constantly and get buttrushed by the soldier I should have been shooting

or I can look forward and get backstabbed because pyros aren't taking half a second to check for spies

given the whole 'work together' nature of the game I'd say that asking my teammates to maybe like you know work as a team is probably not really that big of a thing to ask of them

unless we are playing professionally or something in which case every pro for themselves I guess??

okay so either I can look behind myself constantly and get buttrushed by the soldier I should have been shooting

or I can look forward and get backstabbed because pyros aren't taking half a second to check for spies

given the whole 'work together' nature of the game I'd say that asking my teammates to maybe like you know work as a team is probably not really that big of a thing to ask of them

unless we are playing professionally or something in which case every pro for themselves I guess??

so if i get backstabbed its definitely the fault of the pyro on my team for not killing the spy that i wasnt paying attention to

also taking the time to look around you, takes...uh, not time at all

and sure if by half a second you mean you run by someone and shoot your flame at them to make sure they're legit, but it takes a little bit longer to go out of your way to douse every possible person with flames to ensure they arent spies

when i play pyro, ill check people that i pass close to, but im not wasting my time trying to set my team on fire when i could be doing what im supposed to be doing, taking out the entire other team

when i play pyro, ill check people that i pass close to, but im not wasting my time trying to set my team on fire when i could be doing what im supposed to be doing, taking out the entire other team

yeah see what we're talking about is people who don't check the people they get close to

way to assume forever

See this is the shit I am talking about. Why are we fighting about whose server is better.

PEOPLE WHO PLAY ON OCR PLAY TO HAVE FUN. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK. SERIOUSLY.

So how about this update coming up.

im not particularly fighting, and you guys being super mad about pyros not spychecking goes against the whole we dont care thing btw

I sure hope it's engi but it'll probably be soldier

how on earth can you want it to be engineer

there are already way too many people playing support classes because of past updates and not enough people playing the classes that actually MATTER (soldier and demo are the least played)

Why do they get discriminated against? All the other classes have updates. Also remember that they don't try to make them better, they just try to add a new style of playing them. So it wouldn't really matter if they are fine or not.

PEOPLE WHO PLAY ON OCR PLAY TO HAVE FUN. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK. SERIOUSLY.

losing because of team incompetence or an unwillingness to work together is totally fun. 9_9

regarding soldier/demoman update packs: even if their default weapons are "perfectly fine," balanced alternative weapons would be able to provide the kind of variety that some of the other classes now have, such as the huntsman allowing snipers to become a bit more defensive front-line style class, or the Bonk! energy drink allowing the scout to distract sentries/players and allow his team to follow through with a real attack. of course, neither of these examples are flawless, but that's at least the idea... and don't give me the 'but demo/soldier have exceptional mobility' crap because there really aren't too many ways to do explosion jumps.

also if soldier was fine more people would play him hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Woah woah woah...updates.

Heavy can move FASTER?! Wow. Good bye balance. And the 'minigun cone has been tightened....' does that mean that I'll shoot more accurately now? My God. And good news about the sandvich; it needed something to make it useful.

Glad they didn't buff the Pyro at all, although I would like to see something make the backburner more viable.

YAY! THE FAN ISN'T AS ANNOYING!

The engineer has a wrench that makes putting up buildings faster but doesn't allow upgrading them? That's bizarre...I mean, why would you do that?

Also, I'm glad to hear that Rock (Spy) is no longer as afraid of Paper (Pyro). I mean, that whole balance thing was silly, jeah? Although it is interesting to see them get rid of the revolver...I dunno. I'm personally a bad shot with that gun, so I'd likely make the switch, although it does make killing Razorback Snipers much more aggravating.

Also, I think that the next update is either Demo or Soldier...it's been a long time since I looked at what class was least played, but I know that most everytime I've looked Engineer was the MOST played...so it won't likely be him.

...hurrah!

The engineer has a wrench that makes putting up buildings faster but doesn't allow upgrading them? That's bizarre...I mean, why would you do that?

Offensive engineering. Level one sentry plus shotgun brings the pain.

--

From a gameplay perspective, this is completely unviable. And yet I'm drawn to it... Gets me thinking. What would a map designed to be played upside down be like?

Hm. I just might explore that...

Heavy can move FASTER?! Wow. Good bye balance. And the 'minigun cone has been tightened....' does that mean that I'll shoot more accurately now? My God. And good news about the sandvich; it needed something to make it useful.

Glad they didn't buff the Pyro at all, although I would like to see something make the backburner more viable.

Also, I'm glad to hear that Rock (Spy) is no longer as afraid of Paper (Pyro). I mean, that whole balance thing was silly, jeah? Although it is interesting to see them get rid of the revolver...I dunno. I'm personally a bad shot with that gun, so I'd likely make the switch, although it does make killing Razorback Snipers much more aggravating.

Also, I think that the next update is either Demo or Soldier...it's been a long time since I looked at what class was least played, but I know that most everytime I've looked Engineer was the MOST played...so it won't likely be him.

...hurrah!

Wait, what? I haven't heard any of this.

...hurrah!

there are so many rofl things in this post

ok uh how does the heavy speeding up break the balance

its mainly to make it a viable choice in competitive play because of the initial rush to get to mid, where heavy is severely impaired due to his speed

i mean sure you could run up to someone but as soon as you pull out the shotgun youre back to slowmo so you can get maybe one quick shot in

im pretty sure the engineer bit was that you can upgrade stuff faster but cant repair broken stuff

how does a fireproof suit make it any harder for a pyro to kill a spy if he has no revolver did you think about that at all

oh and we played upside down 2fort on my server a few times

dont bother

okay so yeah if we could remove the customs from the rotation that would be super

to go along with this, im not sure if its still this way, but i remember your nominate list being ridiculous

dont be afraid to delete customs off the server (even the ones you dont put on the nominate list)