OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

you know what I don't even think dustbowl is that bad

it is just that whenever I play it I always get stuck on the team who suddenly miraculously turns into a bunch of dribbling idiots

soldiers who forget how to fire rockets

pyros who don't even notice sentries being sapped

scoots who think it is a great idea to run into sentries over and over

it's an infuriating experience every single fucking time

if youre on a bad team just play spy

also did anyone read this there was no answer

oh yeah suggestion change goldrush/dustbowl from a ridic timelimit to just maxrounds 2 because even if one team rolls and it takes ~20 minutes for the 2 rounds to finish i highly doubt at that point the majority of the people on the server wanna play yet another round

scoots who think it is a great idea to run into sentries over and over

Is there something else a Scout can do on such a map? Go get Sandman and spam it at the chokepoint! Yeah!

Also, I am in full support of anything that puts a limit on Gold Rush. Every once in a while I do enjoy playing it but OCR has it on way too often. With most servers Dustbowl is the problem map but with us it's Gold Rush. Actually, when Dustbowl comes on it's like a bowl of relief to me. The 2-round max seems like a step in the right direction.

If anybody cares to have my opinion, my favorite maps are the five cp maps. Badlands and granary being my most favorite. They both see fair amount of play on OCR but usually they get rtv'd off to Badwater before I can have too much fun.

Is there something else a Scout can do on such a map? Go get Sandman and spam it at the chokepoint! Yeah!

Bonk Energy drink to get the sentry to shoot at you while your friendly, neighborhood Demo, Soldier, or Heavy kills the sentry gun?

Edit: Wait, that would require teamwork and thinking... I mean, using Bonk for what it was originally intended for...

Bonk Energy drink to get the sentry to shoot at you while your friendly, neighborhood Demo, Soldier, or Heavy kills the sentry gun?

Powerlord has obviously never played TF2 before.

All jokes aside, the chances of that Scout surviving for very long are pretty low. Much like when someone discovers a spy, when the team sees a Scout on the influence of Bonk they simply cannot resist making sure he dies by flocking around him. I suppose such a distraction could, in itself, be useful but beyond very situational situations (ohohohoho) such as lack of defense set up by RED such as sentries and heavy classes, low player counts that keep the scout from running into instant death around every and all corners and extremely unlikely cases of team coordination and communication, the Scout and Dustbowl simply do not mix. I think that's what Valve wanted to help solve with the Scout unlocks, with all the little tools such as the FaN triple jump, BONK to get passed sentries and Sandman at chokepoints and other situations, but it doesn't appear to have really worked.

btw I hate Gold Rush.

@Bleck, you don't think that all classes should be useful on all maps? Personally, I think that if a class is rendered nearly useless because of a map's design it just might be a bad map. Depends on how you look at it, I guess.

Powerlord has obviously never played TF2 before.

All jokes aside, the chances of that Scout surviving for very long are pretty low. Much like when someone discovers a spy, when the team sees a Scout on the influence of Bonk they simply cannot resist making sure he dies by flocking around him.

Because double-jumping to jump over them certainly would never work.

Besides, Bonk is going to last the same amount of time regardless of if they hang around or not. Bonk to distract a sentry is a suicide move, intentionally so.

P.S. It's also a good way to get the Scout to taunt-kill you (if they have the Sandman and it's out).

Because double-jumping to jump over them certainly would never work.

Besides, Bonk is going to last the same amount of time regardless of if they hang around or not. Bonk to distract a sentry is a suicide move, intentionally so.

P.S. It's also a good way to get the Scout to taunt-kill you (if they have the Sandman and it's out).

Double jumping rarely will help you in the long run. I'd use airblast as a counter point, soon as the scout is in the air he becomes an easy target. Just juggle him with cb until bonk wears off and bam, he's contained and ready for his killing. And considering the number of people playing Pyro on any given map, yeah, you get the idea. Of course, most Pyros would never do this so that point isn't very applicable... :/

I still say that Bonk is situational. I don't feel like typing out one of my huge TF2 essays right now, though. Maybe at the first cp Bonk can be reliably helpful but by the second point he has nowhere to go once he uses Bonk to dodge the sentries.

a scout repeatedly killing himself via sentry gun is not caused by bad map design

It's a byproduct of it. Sure, a Scout could do that on any map but on Dustbowl he is more limited in how he can approach. See previous rambling.

Might just be me, but whenever RED/Demoman is OP LOL is on, I tend to quit. He just makes the game not fun. Even if you're on the same team. :(

That's unfortunate. Miyako (RED) is one the few players who can swing a game, who's also kind enough to aid a losing team. I've seen him switch to the losing team many times over.

You should learn from him!

With my teeth surgery pain, my sportscasting way are gonna be gone for a few days. But I will be back eventually.

Surgery?? I've been away for a week. What for??

ALSO. I got the drinks/patch you sent! The 'Street Fighter 20th' can is in mint condition! :-o! THANKS MAN!

EDIT: I assume Miyako isn't a competitive player and is just a good pub player facing a bunch of bad players. Right?

Not sure. To my knowledge he's not on a team. But he mulls through this thread on occasion. Maybe He'll answer that one.

demoman isnt even close to being overpowered

Sure it is. Well... maybe not OVER powered. It's the... most powered.