OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I once was a medic with an uber saw and it took me 4 shots to kill an eating Heavy..

Thats nothing. I was a scout last night and i stood point blank to a eating heavy and it took me 7 scattergun shots to kill him.

Seven shots.

Thats nothing. I was a scout last night and i stood point blank to a eating heavy and it took me 7 scattergun shots to kill him.

Seven shots.

Like, I know, rite?

The server now has too many awesome maps that deserve to be played. The cue must be ridiculous. I'm sure RTV makes the rotation less useful, but here are a few suggestions I have nonetheless:

1. Exclude cp_badlands (since arena badlands is better IMO)

2. Remove or lessen 2fort. It's just too old.

3. Continue using Dustbowl and Goldrush only once.

4. ◕◡◕

5. Is it possible to add "extend map x minutes" to the rtv list that comes up? If so, yes please for 15 minutes.

6. As much as I looove unofficial custom maps, now is not a good time for them. Keep using the new official maps for another week or so until we all get sick of them, then we should start finding different ones like Orange, Warpath, etc.

we already have this, it's called "don't vote"

Ah yes, but with the new longer rotation, the map length changed from 45(?) to 30 minutes. This would be a way to put it back to 45 if people wanted to.

But I think what Bahamut was saying is that it's possible to "vote extend" in chat instead of RTV? I'll have to try that next time and see how it goes.

ALSO: I've been taking a lot of screenshots recently. I'll look through them sometime soon and post some good ones, especially ones that might be sig-worthy. So if you want a screenshot of you killing me, you better try to kill me first! :<

Ah yes, but with the new longer rotation, the map length changed from 45(?) to 30 minutes. This would be a way to put it back to 45 if people wanted to.

But I think what Bahamut was saying is that it's possible to "vote extend" in chat instead of RTV? I'll have to try that next time and see how it goes.

ALSO: I've been taking a lot of screenshots recently. I'll look through them sometime soon and post some good ones, especially ones that might be sig-worthy. So if you want a screenshot of you killing me, you better try to kill me first! :<

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7249

then go to a server with arena maps on and play on those

we're not going to remove maps that other people like playing just because someone barges in and demands that we play more arena or whatever

I agree with Bleck here: it seems silly to remove map choices, especially popular ones like 2fort, Goldrush, etc simply because they're 'older.'

That being said, I would like to see some newer ones in the RTV menu. Or at least let us nominate them.

I agree with Bleck here: it seems silly to remove map choices, especially popular ones like 2fort, Goldrush, etc simply because they're 'older.'

That being said, I would like to see some newer ones in the RTV menu. Or at least let us nominate them.

I find it weird that the nominate command doesn't appear to work in game.

Edit: Also, since I've had the game before the Gold Rush update, calling Gold Rush old seems... weird.

@ Powerlord: Jeah, I've had it for a long while too and to me Gold Rush isn't old either.

But I couldn't think of anything else since if I had said Dustbowl, I woulda been crucified 'cause that map is apparently everyone's favorite thing ever. I guess I coulda said Gravel Pit or something like that.

/shrugs

I'm currently working on a TF2 map, ctp_epsilon, it's ctf but you must capture the control point and bring the flag to it while you own it to score. I'm looking for critique and gameplay advice right now so if you want to give a few tips check out; http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3392

and critique me there or just send me a PM the advice if you don't want to sign up over there.

Thanks!

I'm currently working on a TF2 map, ctp_epsilon, it's ctf but you must capture the control point and bring the flag to it while you own it to score. I'm looking for critique and gameplay advice right now so if you want to give a few tips check out; http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3392

and critique me there or just send me a PM the advice if you don't want to sign up over there.

Thanks!

Sounds interesting; I'd like to request that you use the Alpine assets instead of the Desert stuff if you can. :)

Just for reference, the map rotation is currently:

pl_badwater

arena_lumberyard

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

arena_ravine

cp_dustbowl

cp_gravelpit

ctf_fastlane

arena_well

cp_granary

pl_badwater

arena_lumberyard

ctf_2fort

cp_steel

cp_dustbowl

arena_badlands

pl_badwater

cp_well

cp_badlands

arena_granary

tc_hydro

pl_cave_b6

If there's any requests for changes, let me know, although I won't be able to change them until late today.