Live Action Cowboy Bebop in the works

rem

Keanu Reeves as Spike? hahahaHAHAHA

no. No. NO! Space him.

He's simply wrong for most parts, what with his puny voice and all.

Find a new guy. Don't stick with the default case.

If they can't even think past Keanu Reeves, what hope is there for them to ditch all the other movie clichés?

Anyway. We all need something to loathe.

Reeves as Spike is the only reason why this movie will bomb.

People that haven't seen the series, but liked his work in the Matrix will go see it and wonder what the hell is going on. They will go in expecting it to be like his other movies, and get something completely different. Or worse, they will get the Matrix, but in space instead of a program. No thanks.

People that have seen the series and the Matrix will see it for only two reasons: it's Cowboy Bebop, and they want to see how badly it will be butchered.

I'd rather they hire completely new, unknown actors than use the same old obvious stock of big names that won't fit.

his experience of kung fu training has got to be the only reason they are considering him, cause i don't see the connection between him and spike spiegle at all. spike is like the coolest mofo in the world and keanu can't live up to that.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

on wiki, it says spike was based on Yusaku Matsuda

i can't look at him and think keanu reeves

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/b-sidecom/myspace/f7c95974.jpg

here's more

http://www.midnighteye.com/features/yusaku_matsuda.shtml

...Okay, I'm not using that as evidence for a write-off. I mean, Keanu Reeves does look the part rather well. Give him tripped-out hair and the suit, and I think he could reasonably pull it off on the looks alone.

And I can hear his voice synching up with Spike's (dubbed) voice pretty well, too. So that only leaves the actual "acting" part, which is unfortunately the biggest problem people have with Reeves. But considering that Spike is so carefree, I would hope that he would at least look at the source material. That would give the direction he'd need (i.e. away from Shakespeare and stiffness).

For me, Cowboy Bebop had the worst ending I've seen in an anime. But then again, I've watched very few animes. They just never really appealed to me that much. I loved the music on Bebop though, very well done. I have a few of the tracks from the albums...

Not to be snide, but you really haven't seen a lot of anime if Bebop had the worst ending you've seen. To be quite honest, I found the ending to be very fitting to the tone of the series and it's led into quite well. Yes, it does leave unanswered questions, but nothing about Bebop really breathed "happy ending." Though I do fully, and wholeheartedly agree with you about the music.

Though a live-action movie? No. Just. No. Never. No. Don't. No. Some things are best left to animation, and this is one of them.

For me, Cowboy Bebop had the worst ending I've seen in an anime. But then again, I've watched very few animes. They just never really appealed to me that much. I loved the music on Bebop though, very well done. I have a few of the tracks from the albums...

Yeah, I thought the ending was very good, and fit the series well.

The more I think about it, the more I am curious to how Reeves could do as spike. He'd have to NAIL it, which would counteract all his previous acting skills...