Mega Man Legends = Laputa Castle in the Sky?

Jabberbox

Is it just me, or does the Megaman Legends series seem eerily similar to the anime masterpiece: Laputa: Castle In the Sky?

I just saw it, and it seems to have influenced the game in nearly everything, including story, creatures, and even characters.

I saw that there was a role reversal, with Pazu being an influencing on roll, and Sheeta influencing Megaman to a degree. the pirate family in Laputa is extremely similar to the Bonne family in Legends. and I swear one of the enemies in Legends is exactly like the robots in from Laputa.

523305_f2b1_550x900.jpg(the two robots on the bottom are the ones from laputa.)

I love how there is reference in the game to such a great movie, but it's borderline plagiarism at times.

Did anyone else notice that?

(edit: capitalization)

(edit: picure)

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't! Most of the Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff is good in general. I just have a slight fondness for the older stuff more.

Part of Howl's Moving Castle's soundtrack makes up my Homeworld playlist for LAN games.

cool!

I understand the feeling for the older stuff. the are the ones that have had plenty of time to seep into popular culture more deeply and have a greater influence. (it is surprising how much they actually influenced pop culture without us noticing.)

It's kind of weird to have this pointed out, because I saw Laputa and played Legends ages ago, and Laputa is one of my favorite movies of all time, and Legends is one of my favorite games. Looking back on it now, I see the parallels that you're drawing, and it makes a lot of sense. Very interesting.