Mega Man Legends = Laputa Castle in the Sky?

Jabberbox

For anyone who said they have a strong fondness for Miyazaki's earlier works. I don't know. I find myself holding Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle as his best works, and they were also his last three to be released on US soil.

Not say I am not fond of his other works, but those to me were the pinnacle of his work. Of course, the only one I've yet to see is Nausicaa, so I don't count that in my judging.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3DASH%E3%82%B7%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA

According to this, they both came out end of '06. (if google translate is to be trusted)

According to GameFAQs, it came out in Japan in '05, was re-released in '06 as a special edition (also in Japan) but is still unreleased in any other region.

For anyone who said they have a strong fondness for Miyazaki's earlier works. I don't know. I find myself holding Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle as his best works, and they were also his last three to be released on US soil.

Not say I am not fond of his other works, but those to me were the pinnacle of his work. Of course, the only one I've yet to see is Nausicaa, so I don't count that in my judging.

Nausicaa is entirely missable. Last night I saw the only remaining one I haven't seen, Porco Rosso, which was awesome. But still mononoke and spirited away remain my favorites.

Nausicaa is entirely missable. Last night I saw the only remaining one I haven't seen, Porco Rosso, which was awesome. But still mononoke and spirited away remain my favorites.

nausicaa is the first one they made, I believe.

for a first attempt, it was excellent, and even in comparison, it has a special place in my heart.

Wow, I see what you mean in the first 10 seconds of the film. That skull logo would have had me thinking it was a Megaman Legends movie right off the bat.

skullwx0.jpg

Laputa from the movie was taken from the classic literature: gulliver's tales. Probably intentional as well, either the author's distaste of the spanish, or to represent the nature of the island.

Wikipedia's thoughts exactly. I agree with the author that Spanish is a distasteful language.

Did you know that I took Spanish II twice? And passed both times? Yeah, I passed with a C in 9th grade, without actually learning a damn thing, and then I was sent to a private school for 10th grade where students needed 3 years of a foreign language to graduate, and I figured Spanish 3 would kill me so I retook spanish 2 and would then move on to spanish 3. That class was ridiculous, and I ended up getting expelled from that school. For breaking a vending machine. And I got sent to another school which required 2 years of spanish so yeah spanish sucks the whole world needs to learn english.

so spanish sucks because you suck at the whole "school" thing

yeah, no

try to stay on subject, this is at least an interesting thread.

Im guessing lots of anime and game designers derived inspiration from this film.

This guy is the pirate airships mechanic. I always thought Dr Robotnik's character was original, but apparently not.

robocv6.jpg

The entire pirate family in MML is based off these guys, I mean, a bunch of idiots taking commands from their "mother" In a big airship with a skull logo? Definitely.