OCR on OurStage (July) -Thanks for the votes!

zircon

Hello and welcome back to the OverClocked ReMix on OurStage thread.

July 31st: finals begin!

Out of six total tracks from OCReMixers and OCR community members, two have made it into the finals this month.

* "Breathing You In" feat. Jillian Goldin

* ROMance

Both are my tracks - I'm happy of course that I made it this far, but it would have been nice to see guys like Skrypnyk and OverCoat make it past the quarters/semis too :( Maybe next month!

Anyway, finals last until 11:59PM EST tonight and ALL judging is in the Finals channel. There are many battles that can take place (up to 1035) but any and all votes count. In previous months, OC ReMixers have been as close as 2nd or 3rd place! Lots of other great music this month too, from artists like Trifonic (who I highly recommend.) So, if you can spare any time at all, I would appreciate your support. :)

FAQ

What is OurStage?

A monthly song contest with tens of thousands of entries and dozens of genres. Anyone can enter for free - if you're an artist, you should too! Most of each month is spent determining the top 20 songs in any given category. In the last seven days of the month, only the top songs remain. The quarterfinals contain the top 20 songs of each genre, while the semifinals cut it down to the top 10 in each, to selet the #1 song in each genre. The winners of the semifinals all receive a $100 prize.

During the finals (on the last day of the month), the winners from the semifinals go on to compete against each other for a $5,000 grand prize.

Artists from OCR have been successful on OurStage so far, due in part to the assistance of people like you! Both Jill Goldin (pixietricks) and sgx have won the grand prize.

How can I help?

First, register an account at www.OurStage.com - it's free and takes less than a minute.

Then, click "Judge" and navigate to a category where an OC ReMixer is competing. Here are the categories:

Club/Dance - http://www.ourstage.com/judge?channel=79-club-dance

Techno/Ambient - http://www.ourstage.com/judge?channel=79-club-dance

Comedy - http://www.ourstage.com/judge?channel=131-comedy

You will be presented with a pair of songs. You cannot choose which songs to vote on, as the system is randomized. Listen to at least 15 seconds of each song, and then select which song you like more, and by how much. When you vote favorably for a song, you encourage that song to move up in the rankings.

NOTE: Once you have listened to at least 15 seconds of any given song, you never have to listen to that song again for the remainder of the round (ie. quarterfinals). This will save you time when you want to vote quickly in hundreds of rounds.

Anything else I should know?

Please do not cheat to support OCR artists. Do not create alt accounts or use any kind of automated scripts. Do not simply vote against popular song ("voting down") to help us. No one in the running for the grand prize wants an illegitimate victory.

If you don't want to contribute your time or support the ReMixers listed because you don't enjoy their music, please do not feel any pressure to. OCR's involvement on OurStage is unofficial as it is simply individual ReMixers.

What's in it for me?

OurStage is a great place to discover new music. I personally have found a bunch of great artists there, and a ton of great songs. Plus, you get a sense of satisfaction knowing that you helped ReMixers who have put in countless hours of time into this community in the form of free ReMixes.

How long does the quarterfinals last?

Four days. Then semifinals are two days, and finals are ooooone 24 hour period.

Congrats, soc! And glad to see jewbei made it again this month. None of my songs (except the collab with Andy) got up there this time around, and the same thing happened to Audix and sgx. It does vary. But you can bet I'll still be voting to support you guys!

you forgot prot, mate

http://www.ourstage.com/music/channel/25-world/NGTTDNVMGLGE-desolation-v

personally, I liked his Lords of the Realm mix more, but this is okay too

cheers, mates!

Alright, I guess this is worth bringing up. Yeah, Proticity is in the quarterfinals as well. However, it is worth noting that he has cheated on OurStage before on the behalf of other artists, and on another occasion for himself.

Alright, I guess this is worth bringing up. Yeah, Proticity is in the quarterfinals as well. However, it is worth noting that he has cheated on OurStage before on the behalf of other artists, and on another occasion for himself.

but how did he cheat..isnt that impossible? because i remember Daniel Palmer telling me that ourstage tracks everyone IP addresses to see if they made any duplicate accounts to cheat.

Unfortunately, Jewbei and OverCoat did not, but you can't win them all... weird voting going on though, I'll tell you that much.

I don't get it? I'm pretty sure I had the best song [read: the only decent song] in the category. I hate it when shitty artists get more votes than me.

Fucking 11th place, seriously. I'm not having a very good week.

Ah, sorry for the other folks who didn't make it to the semis...

Judging anything below the finals tends to be easier. I remember doing that blitz of judging for the finals back when zircon, SGX, and pixietricks were all up there, it was difficult on account of a lot of the tracks stacked up next to one another being both good.

I'm coming in a bit late, but I'll be sure to try and vote for the semis. KF