RECRUITMENT: Male singers!

OceansAndrew

Ha, well from my experience, most choir singers are usually not amazing solo singers. Thats why they put them in a group, you know, the whole, 2 things are better than one thing.

Well, our church choir is a bunch of people who don't sing all that well mixed with some pop idol wannabes and this one guy who is convinced he has the best voice ever even though it's all nasally and crap but tons of other people like it so what do I know. So... I'm not really a "choir singer," but my voice has a pretty natural tone (as in its natural tone is pretty) so I can sound good as pat of a group too.

Well, our church choir is a bunch of people who don't sing all that well mixed with some pop idol wannabes and this one guy who is convinced he has the best voice ever even though it's all nasally and crap but tons of other people like it so what do I know. So... I'm not really a "choir singer," but my voice has a pretty natural tone (as in its natural tone is pretty) so I can sound good as pat of a group too.

That sounds like just about every choir I've been in.

Okay, I love choirs, but anything but real people actually singing just doesn't do it for me. Im pretty sure that all of the mixes on this site have either a vocal soloist or a synthetic choir. Im no remixer, not yet, but would it be possible for someone to write a choir peice and then distribute the individual parts to anyone who can sing and is willing, and then put it all into one song? Or would there be too many technical roadblocks along the way? Or has someone already done something similar? Im a long way from having the expertise for doing something like this, but I'm just curious.

And if this wouldn't work, would it be feasible for one person to record theirself many times over and put it all together? Because that would be awesome.

EDIT: Holy shit. Someone else IS doing this. How the hell didnt I see this before? Uhh, mod, feel free to close if you want...what a fail of a thread.

Okay, I love choirs, but anything but real people actually singing just doesn't do it for me. Im pretty sure that all of the mixes on this site have either a vocal soloist or a synthetic choir. Im no remixer, not yet, but would it be possible for someone to write a choir peice and then distribute the individual parts to anyone who can sing and is willing, and then put it all into one song? Or would there be too many technical roadblocks along the way? Or has someone already done something similar? Im a long way from having the expertise for doing something like this, but I'm just curious.

And if this wouldn't work, would it be feasible for one person to record theirself many times over and put it all together? Because that would be awesome.

EDIT: Holy shit. Someone else IS doing this. How the hell didnt I see this before? Uhh, mod, feel free to close if you want...what a fail of a thread.

...what the hell? You just linked to this very thread... :?