OCR00977 - Final Fantasy VI "Kefka Goes Carnival"

djpretzel

Well I was feelin kinda down untill I heard this remix!! Man, did that ever put some zip in my step!! Ooohh a nostalgiac blend of FF music, peppy beat, and it came just at the right time also! Ah!! I was a bit down before because I'm behind in my schoolworkz... (sigh...) but now.. I think I can manage it.

Thanks For The Great Remix!!

Fine piece of art!

Was an interesting twist to turn Kefka´s Theme into a Samba-Remix - interesting, and well worth the download, though - IMO - there could have been more fills (drums etc.) or breaks/turns in the song. But nonetheless a well-worked-out remix.

Clearly, a lot of people love this mix, so the following is only my own personal opinion based on my own music tastes: I hate this mix! It's horrible! It causes pain in my head! It's almost as bad as the April fools mixes! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!

hehe, don't take it wrong, NoppZ. You can't please everybody. ;)

And to whoever said they can't hear Kefka's theme in here: get your ears checked. :P

I enjoyed this remix, but i have some gripes with it. When i first heard it i thought it was going to be samba/house, because of the synthetic sound but it wasnt. the beat never really developed from there. This would have been much better if it was live/organic, but since it sounds synthetic it almost gives it a midi feeling. I just think, if it sounds synthetic, it would have been much better as samba/house. Its still a good job though, and a very cool idea. (although i would have chose from a mega man theme for this genre)

holy [FECAL MATTER]-stix!! This song is ri-[GOSH DARN]-diculous!!! I'm gonna need new PANTS!!! Immediately after hearing this sweet ditty, I passed out from sugar shock because this track was so [HAVING SEX]-ing sweet!!! After I graduate with my degree, I'm going to donate money to Noppz instead of my University. 8O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm no expert, but I know enough about music to state that this song doesn't deserve the rave reviews it's getting. I'll come right out and say it: the samples SUCK! Unless your making a house song, stay away from synthetic claps! Please!

Boo hoo. It's not the samples that make this song. It's the great arranging. Sorry, we can't all own GigaStudio.

it's funny how many people are taking the extremes with this song. Most people enjoy it or are disgusted with it. I personally feel that the song is awesome. Just last night I took some salsa dance lessons and the song is soo perfect for dancing to. Really this song is very well made. I only wish that there were more latin styled songs on OCR. In any case, well done and keep up the good work.

I gotta say, I thought this was a fun remix to listen to. I know some people that actually lived through many a Carnivale and they couldn't help but tap their feet and dance to this. This along with Aeris' Theme Samba remix are a couple of my favorites from OC. I'd actually like to hear more songs remixed in this style or even a Dancehall/Raggae beat.

Just last night I took some salsa dance lessons and the song is soo perfect for dancing to. Really this song is very well made. I only wish that there were more latin styled songs on OCR. In any case, well done and keep up the good work.

To add to that list for good songs to Salsa off of:

FF7 Aeris Summer Samba Remix

FF7 Fantastico Chocobo

MegaMan 3 Gemini Salsa Remix

MegaMan 3 Needles OC Remix

If I could salsa, I'd definitely be dancing off of these songs as well.

• 1 month later...

You know.... once it gets started... this is actually a pretty golly gosh darn good song!

The first 30 seconds are just garbage.... but it's like a twinky. If you can get past the icky yellow exterior, that gooey middle is just pure pleasure.

This IS a good song. It makes me dance about my apartment in my underwear - and that's always a good sign (don't tell anyone).

I like it. She's a keeper.

• 7 months later...

This is what I'm talking about! This is a ReMiX! Instead of being a ruined piece or something other than the piece in question this manages to make a new song out of the old, without the trademark dissonance that remixes often suffers, and still retain the feeling of the old tune. Simply the best!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00977 - Final Fantasy VI "Kefka Goes Carnival"