OCR00977 - Final Fantasy VI "Kefka Goes Carnival"

djpretzel

• 3 months later...

Played this at a new years party that had 98% old farts who didn't know Video Games existed.

100% of the people loved it.

This IS something you feel compelled to dance to. I recommend against driving while listening to this, as it may cause you to try and make your car dance to it. WHich is bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I´m a little tired after dancing around my chair, but I´ll try review anyway.

Great remix, Kefka is one of FF´s baddest guys I know, this remix prooves that he after all just was a bully that actually has a funny side of himself. It sounds like it´s from Rio da janeiro, a touch of brazil that gets this remix moving all over the place, even inside my leg. It won´t stop moving! 8O

Some complaints over the samples and quality in this song. I don´t care. Why?

1)Whatever the quality is or what stuff it´s made from, it still sounds great, it´s another happy remix that gives you something to smile about.

2)IT´S CARNEVAL!!! :tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface::D

• 9 months later...

I had to create an account just now, specifically for the purpose of addressing this remix. I believe I can do so with but two words; bloody hysterical!

Like most of you, I was a little thrown by the title. Naturally I expected Kefka ~ Painted like a clown ~ Clowns = Circus ~ "Circus Carnival". Typical.

The results proved to be considerably more amusing than anticipated.

Kefka himself has always been comic relief for me. It's nigh impossible to take him seriously, and it becomes evident (particularly due to the fact that this is not NoppZ's ONLY Kefka title-) that the remixer agrees.

Noppz has an excellent sense of humor in his remix, and it rarely fails to crack me up.

I've noticed comments pertaining to it's repetition. It IS, to a degree, but no more so than it needs to be. I feel that not only does it work in this case, but it's absolutely necessary. (Consider how repetative many 'techno remixes' tend to be.)

Hold onto the humor, NoppZ.

-Koji

• 10 months later...

Yeah! Montuno piano always gets me going... teamed with the Kefka theme... awesome! It's fun, playful, still got a little bit of darkness from the Kefka theme - but that's what the original theme is, you know? I really dig this, you've captured such a great spirit in this work! Amazing job!

• 2 years later...
heyterra20si.gif
the technical term for the emotion this track inspires is as follows:

WWWWWHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

^ What these people said.

Wow... this feels so much like Mardi Gras. And knowing Kefka.... lol. Picture that in your minds for a moment as you listen to it.

This mix just makes a lot of sense cosmically, don't it?

This is just a pure fun and amazing to listen to mix. Loud and proud and not to fancy. One can't listen to this mix and be in a bad mood. Go check it out.

*dances along to the mix*

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting treatment on a pretty heavy theme. I do like how it makes what is a pretty complex piece of music quite simple and effortless to follow. That's worthy of commendation in itself. While the arrangement succeeds in that area, the downside is that the diversity is somewhat off-balance. I wouldn't describe this mix as repetitive, as it's much too short for that. But it's perhaps a little disappointing that the cycles of the melody fail to evolve at all.

I'm not a fan of the overly manufactured sound of the mix, and I thought the hits of percussion and the brass could have had some more punch to them, but in all, this mix does its job and still has a lasting impression. More flawed than I would have wanted, but there's some enjoyable material here regardless.

• 8 months later...

I actually liked the execution of this mix better than the idea behind it. Kefka's Theme isn't really a song that I'd look at and think it would sound great in a carnival style. I think the end result is superb, so kudos to NoppZ for a job well done.

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00977 - Final Fantasy VI "Kefka Goes Carnival"
  • 7 months later...