Tron 2

The Phalanx

Tron was a cheesy and mindless 80s movie, but it was a fun watch (like a lot of 80s movies). Bringing Jeff Bridges back for the sequel is cool, and hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as the first.

Coop pretty much summed it up here.

This, along with the original Star Wars series, was a movie from my childhood. I really don't want to see it messed up (again, like Star Wars).

• 7 months later...

Yeah I dunno about that. I mean, it's cool they're doing a film score and all, but I can't see their style fitting the movie unless they're changing the style a lot from the original, or unless the score they make is very different from their popular music.

Everybody confuses the new Tron movie with the Tron game they made a while back, and I don't blame them. The game is Tron 2.0 and since that name was already taken they had to name the new movie TR2N. Despite the stupid name I am glad theres going to be a sequel Tron, as it was an obscure part of my childhood.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Pixar handling this movie? I had heard that the live action bits in Wall-E were in preparation for TR2N.

Everybody confuses the new Tron movie with the Tron game they made a while back, and I don't blame them. The game is Tron 2.0 and since that name was already taken they had to name the new movie TR2N. Despite the stupid name I am glad theres going to be a sequel Tron, as it was an obscure part of my childhood.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Pixar handling this movie? I had heard that the live action bits in Wall-E were in preparation for TR2N.

From what I've heard, Tron 2.0 was to coincide with the movie. Unfortunately, the movie fell into production hell, but Disney and the Company making the game, was more than determined to bring the game out.

As for Pixar handling the cg? That's really a good thing, if that's true.

• 4 months later...
I've seen the trailer they had at Comic Con for Tron: Legacy. So far, it doesn't look too bad... kinda good, actually. :-P

Also, for those who have seen it, does anyone else think Jeff Bridges looks a bit ominous? Like he's not a good guy anymore? :shock:

Almost corrupted or lost his mind.

Or just simply doesn't give damn anymore.

• 7 months later...