Selling: E-MU 1212m with Emulator X

I'm selling a used E-MU 1212m. It comes with E-MU's Emulator X sampler.

In stores, a new 1212m retails for $150, and this interface+sampler pack sells for $300.

I'm not so demanding though. In a week from this post, the highest offer gets it, even if it's $0. Hooking up a remixer with my old gear is more important to me than making a quick buck. If two people name the same price, the first poster gets it.

I don't have the box and manuals anymore, sorry. However, the included software has the manuals in PDF form.

Included:

-E-MU 1212m - Note that this is two cards, the digital host and daughter card. See E-MU's page on the 1212m for specs.

-Emulator X sampler. As the sampler is no longer available standalone (E-MU now sells Emulator X2), the best sources for info on the sampler are on sites detailing the Emulator X and Emulator X Studio packages. The former is what you're buying (sampler+1212m), the latter is the same sampler packaged with the E-MU 1820m soundcard.

Emulator X at musiciansbuy

Emulator X Studio at Zzounds

IMPORTANT: You *must* have the 1212m or another E-MU soundcard in the computer you use Emulator X on. If you switch to a different brand card, it won't work. Also, this interface and sampler will only work with Windows. I can verify that it works on XP 32-bit and 64-bit editions and Server 2003. Emu's website says it works on vista too

The set comes with 6 CDs:

-Software + Driver installation

-Emulator X installation, on-line manuals

-Emulator X Sounds: "X Producer"

-Emulator X Sounds: "Beat Shop One"

-Emulator X Sounds: "Studio Grand" Disc 1

-Emulator X Sounds: "Studio Grand" Disc 2

The first CD also has:

-Steinberg WaveLab Lite

-Steinberg Cubasis VST 4

-SFX Machine LT

Here's a picture of my cards and CDs. Note that the analog card has no PCI contacts. This is how the card is designed; it interfaces with the digital card, which has the pci contacts. Check the stock photos for the 1212m for proof.

There are 2 revisions of the 1212m. The second revision removed the Firewire port. The 1212m I'm selling is the first revision, so this card *does* have the Firewire port.

The cards have spent over a year in my computer, but there is no physical damage or anything. I never had a problem with it; it's always worked fine. I could take some more pictures if you want a closer look.

You don't need Emulator X to use the card - Emulator X just gives you some nice sounds to use with it. The driver does have a program that runs on startup - PatchMix DSP - that lets you control volume levels, mixing, monitoring, etc. That's the only software you need along with the driver to use the card. If you don't want to install Emu X or the other programs it comes with, there's no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like that is part of the copy protection. Googling yeilds this info:

http://www.productionforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8830 (6 page thread)

Searching the E-MU website, it's in their FAQ and here's their answer:

If you receive the error "A debugger has been detected. Unload debugger and try again", and you have an ATI graphics card, we suggest that you upgrade its driver to version 8 Catalyst™ .

If you get this error and are not running an ATI video card, we recommend that you try roll back to the previous video driver or update the video card driver if available.

You can also restart your computer by using a clean boot procedure as suggested by Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812759

As a side note, I never ran into that and I'm a programmer so I DO have debuggers (though I never attached them to emu x).