Some Original Game Music

dannthr

I just wrapped on the soundtrack for Midnight Synergy's latest installment of the Wonderland Adventures series which will be released later this year.

So I've come with a couple of tracks for you guys to dig.

If you don't know the game, it's a pretty neat 3D Adventures/Puzzle game where the player solves sometimes very complex maze-puzzles to achieve some specific objective.

Different moods and motifs/textures were needed to express the varied parts of the game and some tracks, as you'll find, are simpler than others.

It's a Wonderfall Life (Wonderland Adventures 2) 3:00

Take an walk through Wonderfalls, where lush green grass sits against rolling mountains and waterfalls--what will you find around the bend? Adventure, of course.

Into the Jungle (Wonderland Adventures 2) 4:00

Our journey has only begun, the mysterious jungles call to even the most reluctant voyager. Through the mist, we can hear strange animals warning out danger, but we press on.

Welcome, Relax, KABOOM! (Wonderland Adventures 2) 3:00

Finally we come to the village of the friendly Kabooms. Watch as they scurry among their grass huts, going about their daily business, occasionally exploding.

So there you go, just a few samples of the soundtrack. As always, comments and criticism are mucho appreciated. Even though these assets are long delivered, I always want to improve my craft, so feel free to have at me, so to speak.

As far as libraries go, I threw almost everything I had at 'em:

EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold XP

QL RA

QL StormDrum

Project SAM Orchestral Brass

Westgate Studios Modular Series

Flying Hand Percussion

Tsaiko Drums

Custom/commercial sfx/instrument fx libraries

Cheers,

Sounds awesome man, the compositions are varied and interesting and the production sounds great as well.

You might get some constructive crit from other forum users, this sounds great in my ears.

Nice Job

By the way, the begining of your jungle track sounds very simliar to the main theme intro of Dark Cloud, though yours sounds much higher quality. :nicework:

The jungle track is so haunting... Simply awesome. The Kaboom track sounded a little empty in character to me... But maybe that's because I was so blown away by the previous one.

Sound quality is top-notch, and structure seems good too.

I'm really impressed with this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey thanks a lot for the kind words, guys, I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply--I had thought that I was subscribed to this thread, but I guess not?...

Dramanomore, the Kaboom Village track was definitely designed to be light and playful as well as easy going, so I did not put as much into its complexity. The Kaboom people are like little explody children. ;)