BGC Deals Thread (Aug 08)

I know sonik synth 2 has already been mentioned, but I received this email a few days ago about IK's current summer deals:

(by the way, how are you liking sonik synth? Would you consider it a good purchase?)

THE END OF IK'S CRAZY SUMMER DEAL IS FAST APPROACHING!

Only until September 30th can you get your hands on these incredible IK plug-ins from $99-$199 (savings of up to $600):

Sonik Synth 2

The ultimate synth workstation. Critically hailed as the producer's “secret weapon”. Well, time to let the secret out. 8GB, 5,000 sounds covering all of your favorite Synths. Drums, Basses, Pianos, Leads, Strings, and more...

Make this your own musical weapon of choice.

Normal Price: $399.99

Sale Price: $99.99

You Save: $300!

Miroslav Philharmonik Classik Edition

Orchestral workstation. The lushest strings you have ever heard and much more... Perfect for your next soundtrack, platinum hip-hop hit, power ballad, or club-anthem.

Normal Price: $269.99

Sale Price: $99.99

You Save: $170!

SampleTank 2 L

Your go-to workstation with every sound you need to craft your next big hit. SampleTank is the “Swiss Army knife for today’s DAW studio.” Includes drums, pianos, synths, strings, basses, and more! Plus, easily expandable with sounds from all of the Powered by SampleTank range of sounds.

Normal Price: $329.99

Sale Price: $ 99.99

You Save: $230!

CSR & T-RackS Ultimate Mastering Bundle

Get all your mixing needs for one low price! T-RackS includes an analog-modeled EQ, Compressor, Multi-band limiter, soft-clipper, and total mastering suite. Classik Studio Reverb (CSR) offers a suite of 4 stellar reverbs in one package! If you do not already own these two incredible plug-ins, where have you been? Well, now is the perfect opportunity to get them both at one incredible price.

Normal Combined Price: $799.99

Sale Price: $199.99

You Save: $600!

*not available at Guitar Center stores

Undoubtedly, these are the best deals of the summer! But you have to act fast, because they won’t last forever, and will be gone before you know it!.

Check out any of the following participating dealers to find out more and take advantage of these amazing summer deals!

Musiciansfriend.com

Sweetwater.com

Audiomidi.com

Zzounds.com

SameDayMusic.com

Americanmusical.com

Full Compass

Pro Audio Land

Front End Audio

Rainbow Guitars

Phillips Music

Guitar Center Stores

GuitarCenter.com

Easy Music Center

Other World Computing

8th Street Music

Musician's Advocate

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.

Just thought I'd share.

I like it very much. The pads are particularly nice, as are the synth sounds in general. The acoustic sounds aren't very interesting for me as I got a lot of expensive East-West shit, but for someone who wanted an all in one solution I'm sure they'd be perfectly fine.

For $99 it's really a no-brainer purchase. imo at any rate.

Gah, I really want that VI.One thing. $ 99, that's like 70 Euros, which is insane. Almost a fifth of what it costs in German web shops at the moment.

Btw, I got the 3 IK plugins for cheap through a group buy, and SS2 was the one I ended up deinstalling after some testing. The acoustic content really really shows its age, and while the synth stuff isn't all that bad, a good soft synth paired with either good presets or some knowledge about synth programming is the better way to go IMO. It just doesn't sound as good to me when an evolving pad type sound always evolves the exact same way, and pasting effects like filters on top of it just sounds like that, pasted on.

Flexibility aside, it just doesn't sound nearly as fat as, say, Atmosphere. And that's the only justification I can think of for buying a synth rompler, that it sounds great out of the box.

I've always liked Sampletank though. It doesn't have the highend supermultisampled stuff, but a lot of sounds with character.

• 2 weeks later...